Phillip Gaines released

1 hour ago, Adam727 said:

Cleveland can have this Gaines as long as they give us the other one back...

E.J. Gaines is on IR due to a concussion.  But he'll be back and will be a lot better than Phillip Gaines.

I was never clear why we let E.J. go.  We got him and a second for Sammy and a sixth.  We had E.J. for a year and he did quite well.  I think Beane thought Vontae Davis would be an upgrade, but that didn't work out well.  It's quite possible that with E.J. the team would have a better record, but then again maybe it's tank time and losing out would be the best thing for the future.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

E.J. Gaines is on IR due to a concussion.  But he'll be back and will be a lot better than Phillip Gaines.

I was never clear why we let E.J. go.  We got him and a second for Sammy and a sixth.  We had E.J. for a year and he did quite well.  I think Beane thought Vontae Davis would be an upgrade, but that didn't work out well.  It's quite possible that with E.J. the team would have a better record, but then again maybe it's tank time and losing out would be the best thing for the future.

Embrace the tank!

13 hours ago, Utah John said:

Vonte would’ve been an upgrade, in 2014