Sessions Resigns as AG

29 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:rolleyes:

The Appointments Clause gives Congress the right to delegate to the President "inferior" appointments, which Congress did with the Vacancies Reform Act of 1998, which allows the appointment of acting officials without Senate Confirmation.  

Oh ya, I saw the DOJ memo, which used as precedent incidents from the 1860's. Back when travel was slow.

Why hasn't he offered anyone for confirmation? Because its an act of obstruction of justice, that's why. 

This is illegal and is being challenged as such in court. 

Illegal, unconstitutional and corrupt. Con man, hack and Trump toady all in one. But you defend it. 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh ya, I saw the DOJ memo, which used as precedent incidents from the 1860's. Back when travel was slow.

I gave you precedents from 2010.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why hasn't he offered anyone for confirmation? Because its an act of obstruction of justice, that's why. 

Why hasn't he nominated anyone for confirmation by a lame-duck Senate?  Because morons like you would say "He can't nominate anyone until the new Senate is in session!"

You're not giving honest criticism.  You're just running down a list of ignorant excuses.

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is illegal and is being challenged as such in court. 

No, it's not.  Appointing someone to an acting position has never before required Senate confirmation.  This is entirely a made-up interpretation of the law that is no more than three weeks old.  It only became "illegal" because you hate Trump.

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I gave you precedents from 2010.

Re-post again, please 

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why hasn't he nominated anyone for confirmation by a lame-duck Senate?  Because morons like you would say "He can't nominate anyone until the new Senate is in session!"

Oh ya, THAT would be awful. That is a moronic response. 

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, it's not.  Appointing someone to an acting position has never before required Senate confirmation.  This is entirely a made-up interpretation of the law that is no more than three weeks old.  It only became "illegal" because you hate Trump.

There is no "acting" anything in the Constitution. This was done by Trump for corrupt purposes and you know it. 

Just like the lie Trump told that he had no idea this guy talked about the Mueller probe. Total lies. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Re-post again, please 

No.  You read them and dismissed them with "but that's not the AG" *****, which distinction the Constitution doesn't make either.  So ***** you and your buffet-style selective misinterpretation of the Constitution, you asshat.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Re-post again, please 

Oh ya, THAT would be awful. That is a moronic response. 

There is no "acting" anything in the Constitution. This was done by Trump for corrupt purposes and you know it. 

Just like the lie Trump told that he had no idea this guy talked about the Mueller probe. Total lies. 

This is nothing more than another "issue" raised by the left to keep Trump bad in the news cycle.  For your sake I hope courts don't quickly rule in Trump's favor or you'll be looking for your next Trump bad matter pretty quickly.  Hopefully the courts have gotten your memo to slow walk this damn thing for months. 

Meanwhile $22T in debt and climbing, 40% annual health insurance rate increases and the same illegal immigrant and border issues.

1 hour ago, westside said:

Is your ass still burning from President Trump's trouncing of criminal Hillary? 

You need to accept the things you cannot change,  like the BS russian collusion investigation. 

The courage to change the things you can, like, maybe the corrupt left wing party.

And the wisdom to know the difference. Here is where you might struggle. Sniffing bleach all those years at the laundromat has seriously damaged your ability to think on your own. 

Get some religion, straighten up your life, move out of your mom's basement and for God sakes, stop sniffing the bleach!!

That's so passe, even Gleeful Gator has graduated to swallowing tide pods.

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

The Appointments Clause gives Congress the right to delegate to the President "inferior" appointments, which Congress did with the Vacancies Reform Act of 1998, which allows the appointment of acting officials without Senate Confirmation.  

13 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

This is nothing more than another "issue" raised by the left to keep Trump bad in the news cycle.  For your sake I hope courts don't quickly rule in Trump's favor or you'll be looking for your next Trump bad matter pretty quickly.  Hopefully the courts have gotten your memo to slow walk this damn thing for months. 

Meanwhile $22T in debt and climbing, 40% annual health insurance rate increases and the same illegal immigrant and border issues.

The King simply installing his own Lord of "Justice" to overseas a criminal investigation of the king? Ya, nothing to see here.

It's absolutely corrupt and violates the Constitution. Just submit a nominee and vote on him! As if that is so difficult. 

Won't do it because he wants to obstruct justice. So obvious, such corruption. You guys are jumping the shark tank on this one. 

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

But does the constitution or this so-called Appointments Clause mention Whittaker by name?  

No one wants to address that. 

What took them so long? Dems taking this to court. 

“Installing Matthew Whitaker so flagrantly defies constitutional law that any viewer of Schoolhouse Rock would recognize it,” Blumenthal said in a statement. “President Trump is denying Senators our constitutional obligation and opportunity to do our job: scrutinizing the nomination of our nation’s top law enforcement official. The reason is simple: Whitaker would never pass the advice and consent test. In selecting a so-called “constitutional nobody” and thwarting every Senator’s constitutional duty, Trump leaves us no choice but to seek recourse through the courts.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/senate-democrats-sue-to-remove-matt-whitaker-from-the-attorney-general-post?ref=home

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Gleeful Gator, you ignorant slut. No one that meets Trump's requirements for AG could win Senate approval before the new congress. Jeff Flake has already stated that he won't vote for a Trump appointee and with the chance that another one or two R's might do the same, a confirmation hearing would be a waste of time. Maybe Whittaker can be the permanent AG come next year and you can cry yourself to sleep every night while sucking on your binky.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Gleeful Gator, you ignorant slut. No one that meets Trump's requirements for AG could win Senate approval before the new congress. Jeff Flake has already stated that he won't vote for a Trump appointee and with the chance that another one or two R's might do the same, a confirmation hearing would be a waste of time. Maybe Whittaker can be the permanent AG come next year and you can cry yourself to sleep every night while sucking on your binky.

Political posturing seeking to further delegitimize the President and his government.

Some activist court will issue a stay, with the ruling based on the absurd, and will do so after the declass, which the media will then use to spin as illegitimate in the same way they went after those who leaked Clinton's emails, ignoring what was in them.

That will be the story.

That the SCOTUS eventually overturns the stay will be irrelevant, other than to demonstrate that the Supreme Court is illegitimate.

15 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is really stupid. A Republican Congress won't approve Trump's (Normal) nomination? That's an incredibly lame answer for putting this criminal in charge of Justice. 

You know this guy is involved in a criminal enterprise, right? 

15 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Political posturing seeking to further delegitimize the President and his government.

Some activist court will issue a stay, with the ruling based on the absurd, and will do so after the declass, which the media will then use to spin as illegitimate in the same way they went after those who leaked Clinton's emails, ignoring what was in them.

That will be the story.

That the SCOTUS eventually overturns the stay will be irrelevant, other than to demonstrate that the Supreme Court is illegitimate.

Who needs that silly old Checks and Balances anyway, right? 

Wow, Alexander Hamilton got Trump 200 years before he was born! This is from the group suing over the unconstitutional placement of Whitaker in the AG office: 

In a news release the group explains:

The Constitution’s Appointments Clause requires that the Senate confirm high-level federal government officials, including the Attorney General, before they exercise the duties of the office. The Framers included this requirement to ensure that senior administration officials receive scrutiny by the American people’s representatives in Congress. The Appointments Clause is also meant to prevent the President, in the words of Alexander Hamilton in Federalist 76, from appointing officers with “no other merit than that of…possessing the necessary insignificance and pliancy to render them the obsequious instruments of his pleasure.” . . .

President Trump’s violation of the Constitution’s Appointments Clause, unilaterally preventing members of the Senate from voting on whether or not to consent to Matthew Whitaker serving as a principal Officer, leaves Senators no choice but to seek a remedy through the courts.

DEAR ABBY: I have a friend who constantly talks about all the negative politics going on today. I'm sick of hearing it. It's not because I don't care or disagree, but it has become the topic of every conversation. She's extremely depressed, has major anxiety issues and, despite seeing a therapist, her condition has not only not improved, but has gotten worse.

I feel it has become a one-way conversation, and she's not interested in listening to me. This is extremely upsetting because my husband passed away two years ago, and she doesn't want to hear about it. She thinks it is less important since it "only affects me," and I "should have gotten over it by now." My husband and I were married 30 years, and his death was sudden and unexpected. Please help me get through this difficult time. -- OVERWHELMED IN PPP!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

DEAR ABBY: I have no friends who constantly talks about all the negative politics going on today. I'm sick of hearing it. It's not because I don't care or disagree, but it has become the topic of every conversation. She's extremely depressed, has major anxiety issues and, despite seeing a therapist, her condition has not only not improved, but has gotten worse.

I feel it has become a one-way conversation, and she's not interested in listening to me. This is extremely upsetting because my husband passed away two years ago, and she doesn't want to hear about it. She thinks it is less important since it "only affects me," and I "should have gotten over it by now." My husband and I were married 30 years, and his death was sudden and unexpected. Please help me get through this difficult time. -- OVERWHELMED IN PPP!!!  FAITHFUL DEPENDS WEARER!!!

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why don't you love Trump [God]? 

If this whole thing doesn't stink to high heaven to you then you are obviously just a Trump zombie. 

14 hours ago, TH3 said:

Mitchell.....Hot Tub salesman in 2015 and loan defaulter in 2016....seems like a solid choice to be the #1 law enforcement person in our country....This is great?

And now found out to be a paid right wing hack. Our "acting" Attorney General. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, peace out said:

I see you've updated it for DC Tom - nice work

So you admit he's perfectly qualified to dig in to the dirty Clinton mess. 

That's tremendously good news. I hope he appoints a special prosecutor to do that - and gives them unlimited scope to get into Hillary's *****. 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're terrified of Whitaker. Terrified. 

Whats coming bing can't be stopped. 

Why do you need to stop something that hasn't started?

Any day now, right?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Why do you need to stop something that hasn't started?

Any day now, right?

Over 14 high level people fired or removed from DOJ/FBI already. Wolfe's indictment, McCabe's referral, Hubers work and indictment count, and now reports how trump wanted to prosecute Clinton but was told not to hitting the mainstream. 

Saying  nothing has started is inaccurate. Pain is coming for a lot of people. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Over 14 high level people fired or removed from DOJ/FBI already. Wolfe's indictment, McCabe's referral, Hubers work and indictment count, and now reports how trump wanted to prosecute Clinton but was told not to hitting the mainstream. 

Saying  nothing has started is inaccurate. Pain is coming for a lot of people. 

You've been saying that the pain is coming for over a year.  One of these days it has to happen, right?   

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Reread the above. 

You've laid out a timeline of events that's consistently been pushed out.  All of the things that you've said are in the works, have remained hidden, and with more passage of time it's becoming less likely to happen.

The easiest thing for Trump to do would be to declassify everything that's related to FISA ir Russia, yet he's dragging

9 minutes ago, GG said:

You've laid out a timeline of events that's consistently been pushed out.  All of the things that you've said are in the works, have remained hidden, and with more passage of time it's becoming less likely to happen.

The easiest thing for Trump to do would be to declassify everything that's related to FISA ir Russia, yet he's dragging

This is nothing more than one's opinion but I think Trump plans to use the IC abuse of 2016, the real meat of it, as a bargaining chip with the Dems to stave off the flood of investigations they want to start on him.  I doubt the Dems will go for it so I expect political mudslinging and legal action like never seen before to happen after Mueller wraps up.  Full on into 2020.