Looking to buy a phone - need opinions

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I have ATT as my provider. Should I buy from them or go through a third party?

We added my son to our AT&T plan in September.  Bought a AT&T “unlocked” phone on EBay and it connected and works perfectly.  I would imagine that would also apply to nicer smartphones.  I do know that AT&T (at least in my area) offers a BOGO on the newest iPhones.  That is a good deal if you’re looking to upgrade 2 phones.

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Good question.  We have Verizon.  Time for a new phone also 

Just got, upgraded My Daughter yesterday from the iPhone 6s to the iPhone Xs.  She's so spoiled.

Kept the 6s as spare to keep in "pipeline" in case Son's 6s & Wife's (same) crap the bed.

Also on Verzion, unlimited.  80 something inlaws also finally in on SmartPhone plan.  Gave them old iPhone 4s (with new battery).

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are you OK with a party line tied to the wall in the kitchen? I just might have a deal for you! 

Throw a phonebook in too. Mead lets his "fingers do the walking."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

21 hours ago, Augie said:

Are you OK with a party line tied to the wall in the kitchen? I just might have a deal for you! 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

You’re ancient.  Many around these parts will have no idea about you have said..... :lol:

8FRBW

Edit: add definition since google doesn't have it

Bell System USOC for 4 party Flat Residence line Black Wall phone

Edited by Uncle Joe

I don't think i'm getting a new phone for a long time.   Not a huge fan of the one I have but it's an iphone, last time i bought one i lost a bunch of videos and pictures I cannot recover so I was pretty pissed.   We did both the verizon backup and the Iphone backups too. Lost stuff anyway.   

No mas