Midterm Election Gameday Thread

1 minute ago, peace out said:

Who, specifically, should be hanged?

You haven't followed my argument.

No one should be hanged in this instance, as I don't believe the law prescribes it.

My argument is that the law should be changed to require the death penalty for public officials engaging in election fraud, and others engaging in organized election fraud. 

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Any other empty platitudes today, Gary?

You asked a question, and I answered it.

Why do you insist on being such a detriment to intelligent conversation here?  Seriously.

he's not wrong. i also don't believe it an empty platitude as it is more of a double entendre. no congressman is going to pass that legislation let alone write it up. not picking here, just pointing out the other side of the coin as it were.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

he's not wrong. i also don't believe it an empty platitude as it is more of a double entendre. no congressman is going to pass that legislation let alone write it up. not picking here, just pointing out the other side of the coin as it were.

It's not that he's wrong, it's that it's not how it was intended.

If that's a valid response on an intent forum discussing politics, then it's literally a valid response to anything anyone says here.

He intended it dismissively, especially as it fits into the dialogue we were having.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's not that he's wrong, it's that it's not how it was intended.

If that's a valid response on an intent forum discussing politics, then it's literally a valid response to anything anyone says here.

He intended it dismissively, especially as it fits into the dialogue we were having.

taking into account his prior posting history, I would have to say you are correct. however, there is that old adage that even a blind squirrel ......

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

.@RepMattGaetz :“When The Final Recount Showed Rick Scott Had Actually GAINED 700 Votes,

The Broward Supervisor of Elections Simply WAITED For 2 Additional Minutes Until AFTER The State Submission Deadline Before Submitting Scotts Votes

So None Got Counted”

My husband told me about this last night. It was reported on some flakey news site last night, so i didn't believe it. I am glad to see it was true.

6 minutes ago, peace out said:

Advocating the law should be changed to allow "nooses" in response to a Matt Gaetz tweet is miles away from intelligent conversation.

If you weren't so incredibly vapid you'd know I've been making that particular argument for a long time, and not in response to a tweet.

I believe that election fraud is one the greatest crimes a government official can commit, as it denies citizens the basic fundament right of self-determination, and essentially returns us to a reality of lords and serfs; and I believe that the penalty for that should be death.

Gary, what do you believe should be the penalty should be for government officials conspiring to deny individuals the most basic human freedoms in violation of the law, and without due process?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

55 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What an *****

Sounds like a B word who thought she was entitled to the job, but only lost it because the man kept her down because she was a strong black woman. Sounds like Hillary: 'It wasn't me who lost the election by being a crap candidate who went on a victory tour instead of running a campaign, it must have been collusion!'

Georgia dodged a bullet.

• Like (+1) 2

Scott wins vs Nelson ,  but

Broward County was unusual in that it had reported more than 30,400 of the undercount ballots. If they were not miscounted, then the most likely explanation was that they were in fact left blank, possibly because of the way the ballot was designed, with the Senate choices on the bottom left corner of the page, tucked beneath the voter instructions. Many have said it made the Senate race easy to miss.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/rick-scott-bill-nelson-recount.html

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Scott wins vs Nelson ,  but

Broward County was unusual in that it had reported more than 30,400 of the undercount ballots. If they were not miscounted, then the most likely explanation was that they were in fact left blank, possibly because of the way the ballot was designed, with the Senate choices on the bottom left corner of the page, tucked beneath the voter instructions. Many have said it made the Senate race easy to miss.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/us/rick-scott-bill-nelson-recount.html

If you live in Florida, took the time to vote in the mid-terms, and were too unbelievably f'in stupid to find the Senate race on your ballot, then the only response to that is maybe you're too f'in unbelievably stupid to even make yourself a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

But nice excuse. Keep running with it. It's much better than "I lost because all the white women did what their white husbands and fathers told them to do." 

• Like (+1) 1