Derek Anderson Hasn't Been Declared Out for the Bears Game - Now Declared Out!

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Derek Anderson Hasn't Been Declared Out for the Bears Game

I think it shows a lot about Peterman. Holding out hope that a 35 year old, off the street with zero practice and only 3 weeks on the roster can somehow get cleared and go. I love it. I can’t stand the thought of Peterman playing. I just can’t understand how he’s still on this team. Yes this last injury made it harder to cut him THIS week...but he never should have still been here for us to be in this spot.  I really hope Anderson can go. Thinking Peterman might play feels like when Tyrod was getting hurt and all we had was EJ. I didn’t even want the games to happen because I just knew we had no shot.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Not a single practice all week and they'd start him Sunday? That seems crazy. I know Peterman isn't good, but you can cater the game plan to set him up to succeed (ie do not throw to the sidelines) 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think it shows a lot about Peterman. Holding out hope that a 35 year old, off the street with zero practice and only 3 weeks on the roster can somehow get cleared and go. I love it. I can’t stand the thought of Peterman playing. I just can’t understand how he’s still on this team. Yes this last injury made it harder to cut him THIS week...but he never should have still been here for us to be in this spot.  I really hope Anderson can go. Thinking Peterman might play feels like when Tyrod was getting hurt and all we had was EJ. I didn’t even want the games to happen because I just knew we had no shot.

I was fully expecting him to be declared out today. 

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

McD pulling some gamesmanship must be it at this point, trying to gain an edge any way he can get it? Not sure what the NFL rules on this are though 

An independent neurologist will have to clear him so maybe they are just holding out hope, but who knows.   I figured they'd just roll into the weekend with Peterman and Barkley. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not a single practice all week and they'd start him Sunday? That seems crazy. I know Peterman isn't good, but you can cater the game plan to set him up to succeed (ie do not throw to the sidelines) 

Playing Nate is surrendering, which is the same as conceding. 

At least Derrick gives us a slight possibility of a win. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Yeah, you can tell him, “don’t throw picks!!” Based on his career though if he throws 32 times he will be picked off 4. You can’t cater something for a guy that doesn’t have ability.

1 minute ago, PittsforDave said:

Playing Nate is surrendering, which is the same as conceding. 

At least Derrick gives us a slight possibility of a win. 

Has zero TD DA shown you anything to even say “slight?” Call me crazy, and I won’t dispute it, but their differences to me seem so slight, I’d actually give the push to NP on legs alone. Slim pickins!  

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Has zero TD DA shown you anything to even say “slight?” Call me crazy, and I won’t dispute it, but their differences to me seem so slight, I’d actually give the push to NP on legs alone. Slim pickins!  

Anderson did throw for 290 yds last week something I don't see Peterson doing. 

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Anderson did throw for 290 yds last week something I don't see Peterson doing. 

Peterson?

What, did the Bills sign another QB in the past fifteen minutes?  Would we be surprised if they did?

• Haha (+1) 5