Shady definitely in the Bills plans for 2019

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25156141/buffalo-bills-gm-says-rb-lesean-mccoy-definitely-team-2019-plans

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Billsgeneral manager Brandon Beane publicly committed to keeping running back LeSean McCoy on the roster next season.

Until someone offers him A second or third round pick thinking he is the missing piece for a championship.. then it be “we wanted him but this deal was to good pass up for our rebuilding team”

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

You expect him to say "We were expecting to be horrible this year. Sucking is all part of our master plan!"

Don't believe anything you hear in these press conferences. It is all coach and GM speak.

These excuses are tiresome.  Then you don’t believe any of the article? What’s the point? It’s all just fake news, right. 

Edited by PittsforDave

1 hour ago, Flip Johnson said:

He is still an excellent player and highly capable of being a lead RB with 200+ carries and 50+ catches.

I'm not sure our backfield needs to change much in 2019.

Exactly. I'd like to see a rookie obtained in the late rds or a rookie UDFA added, but Shady is a captain and literally does everything at a high level - Run, catch and block. He's still a top playmaker and can be highly effective with a competent offense. I love that they plan on keeping him. I believe we'll be contenders next year.

34 minutes ago, PittsforDave said:

These excuses are tiresome.  Then you don’t believe any of the article? What’s the point? It’s all just fake news, right. 

Go ahead. Keep freaking out. It won't change anything. The Bills made a huge cap dump. They knew the ramifications of that. They of course are trying to win despite that this year, but they new things would be rocky.

You can call for everyone to be fired, but ultimately that is up to the Pegulas, and they know the plan better than you, me, or the media.

Edited by MJS

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Go ahead. Keep freaking out. It won't change anything. The Bills made a huge cap dump. They knew the ramifications of that. They of course are trying to win despite that this year, but they new things would be rocky.

You can call for everyone to be fired, but ultimately that is up to the Pegulas, and they know the plan better than you, me, or the media.

Please stick to topic, no one is freaking out. 

These are quotes from our GM and you just dismiss them as false then stick to your own (obviously wrong) narrative. Unfortunate. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

He is still an excellent player and highly capable of being a lead RB with 200+ carries and 50+ catches.

I'm not sure our backfield needs to change much in 2019.

I like Ivory as the #2 but I think I'd still grab a guy in the mid-rounds, especially if it's an upgrade over Murphy. Kid is fast and shifty but not a real well-rounded RB. Misses blitz pickups and isn't hard to move if he does pick up his block.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

I'm glad he is. But I've seen so many hockey GMs give a vote of confidence to their coach and fire him days after to put too much weight on his words :)

But still, nice to make your captain feel welcomed - and not too disappointed to not have been traded to the Eagles...

He had 80 receiving yards, played after a concussion, so hard to criticize the man, but his body language was not great last game. 

He's frustrated more with himself at this point. He posted a picture of him and his kid and some friends on his Instagram the day after the game and said something like, "Last night was a bad bad bad one" and then today he wrote: "I'll be the last man standing.... the test of success is not what you do when you're on TOP... success is how high you bounce back when you hit the BOTTOM!" Dude just wants to get it going. He's probably dying to break a big run. He might be inside his head a little bit. Against the Pats he looked indecisive and like he was trying to do too much. He's a gamer. He might have a different attitude away from the game but the guy loves football and just wants to win.

40 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Of course we're keeping Shady next year!

These guys demonstrated that they don't know what their doing a while ago.

Look for us to retain Nate Peterman as well.

LOL.

Holy non sequitur, Batman!

Outside of both wearing a Bills uniform, what exactly do Shady and Peterman have in common?

24 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I like Ivory as the #2 but I think I'd still grab a guy in the mid-rounds, especially if it's an upgrade over Murphy. Kid is fast and shifty but not a real well-rounded RB. Misses blitz pickups and isn't hard to move if he does pick up his block.

He's frustrated more with himself at this point. He posted a picture of him and his kid and some friends on his Instagram the day after the game and said something like, "Last night was a bad bad bad one" and then today he wrote: "I'll be the last man standing.... the test of success is not what you do when you're on TOP... success is how high you bounce back when you hit the BOTTOM!" Dude just wants to get it going. He's probably dying to break a big run. He might be inside his head a little bit. Against the Pats he looked indecisive and like he was trying to do too much. He's a gamer. He might have a different attitude away from the game but the guy loves football and just wants to win.

I’m sure Shady isn’t pleased with his performance rushing the ball.  

Part of the problem is the lack of an effective passing game.   

Hard to run on teams when they stack the box. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm probably in the minority here, but, considering the place this team is going this year and next (nowhere fast), they should have traded him while he has a little bit of value.  Given his performance this year (albeit ***** show of talent around him) he won't be worth anything going forward.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but, considering the place this team is going this year and next (nowhere fast), they should have traded him while he has a little bit of value.  Given his performance this year (albeit ***** show of talent around him) he won't be worth anything going forward.

Did the Bills FO actually say they were shopping Shady or listening to offers?

there is a difference 

I love Shady for a few reasons. His shiftiness is insane. Rex wasn't lying when he said he'll make you miss in a phonebooth. But more so I love his personality. Any time there's a Shady press conference I'm tuned in. The dude just has that personality I can relate to and for selfish and non football related reasons, I want him as a Bill.

But last week when he was dancing all on the field just to get 1 yard or even negative yardage, I said to my TV, put Murphy in man. I was ready to move on from the Shady era if he were to be traded because #1 he's not producing any rushing yards with all that dancing and #2 I want him to succeed so if it can't be with us then let another team help him get his gold jacket.

He has NO touchdowns this year and hasn't cracked 100 yards rushing in any game he started. I want more for Shady and the running game. I understand this is a QB driven league but we all know how bad our QB situation is. Daboll needs to focus on trick plays more like he did in the beginning of the game last week and in screen packages for Shady and draw up more quick slants for the receivers. 

I'm not saying I can coach our team better than Daboll but I know there's something wrong when I can watch a game and predict the next play coming which is the sad part. When I watch the Patriots offense I can predict what's coming also but they have a HOF QB so there's nothing defenses can do especially when he gets rid of the ball quickly and places it perfectly. 

Good thing about Peterman this week is he releases the ball quickly but the plays are not designed to his strengths which is what I believe is the reason for his interceptions. Daboll can call a good game. We've seen him do it against the Vikings. That's the one game of the season where I couldn't predict what play the Bills were gonna call. I only wish Daboll would have kept his foot on the gas pedal in the 2nd half but he went conservative and ran the ball but hey we won so I'm not complaining. 

I had high hopes for Shady and I still do. Why you ask? Cuz the O-line is playing JUST decent enough to give me that hope. In preseason I personally thought we were gonna go 0-16 based on the O-line performance alone. But not only has the O-line played decent enough, but we're witnessing one of the best defenses we've ever seen wearing a Bills uniform. 

Keeping Shady next season is fine by me as long as

1. Daboll can find ways to get him involved more

2. Shady can fix his own mistakes

3. We REALLY add more talent on the O-line and receiver core

4. Allen shows growth this season

I'm not even from Buffalo. I'm born and raised in Queens N.Y. and still do and I'm surrounded by Giants and Jets fans. I loved the Bills growing up (I'm 40 years old) but didn't really watch the NFL until the 1st year we got Bledsoe (I was more into NBA before that). So I've literally known nothing BUT heartache with the Bills cuz I wasn't watching the NFL at all when we had Jim Kelly and squad. I've made more than 20 trips to Buffalo to watch Bills games and I love your city.

The selfish and non football related reason of me wanting Shady on the team is cuz of his personality. His personality makes America even know who the Bills are imo. It's guys like him and Stevie Johnson who give the Bills "that swag" which is why Stevie is my favorite Bills receiver of all time to this day. I just want to have a fun team I can root for with a certain swag and edge that lets the rest of America know that Buffalo even exists. Our defense is doing a heck of a job when it comes to that but this offense is making the Bills games unwatchable. 

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Shady has not taken a lot of hard hits and still displays top level agility. He is also still a great pass catcher.

He is still under contract and would not have garnered more than a mid-round pick. We have enough holes to fill in 2019 already. He is a captain and a leader and his legal situation seems to have largely blown over.  

I'm willing to say that he is on the back nine, but that is as far as I'll go. Why would you trade a blue-chip player for a pick that will turn into an extra linebacker or a backup safety?

23 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

Shady has not taken a lot of hard hits and still displays top level agility. He is also still a great pass catcher.

He is still under contract and would not have garnered more than a mid-round pick. We have enough holes to fill in 2019 already. He is a captain and a leader and his legal situation seems to have largely blown over.  

I'm willing to say that he is on the back nine, but that is as far as I'll go. Why would you trade a blue-chip player for a pick that will turn into an extra linebacker or a backup safety?

I disagree, at least 2 concussion.  2 weeks ago and one in London I vividly remember, I'm sure there are more, but 1 is 1 too many.

He looked horrible on MNF

I would absolutely trade him for picks.  The more picks the better chances of hitting on the picks.  They need to turn the crappy roster over and this would be part of the rebuild.  He's not getting any younger and his numbers are horrible!

4 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I disagree, at least 2 concussion.  2 weeks ago and one in London I vividly remember, I'm sure there are more, but 1 is 1 too many.

He looked horrible on MNF

I would absolutely trade him for picks.  The more picks the better chances of hitting on the picks.  They need to turn the crappy roster over and this would be part of the rebuild.  He's not getting any younger and his numbers are horrible!

They weren't getting multiple good picks, he had six catches for 82 yards on MNF, and if the Bills got rid of every player on the team who had a concussion they wouldn't have a roster.