Wonder if Vonte Davis played for this guy?

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I saw that story.  It sounds like he is a great coach but what an awful way to end your career.  It kinda erases everything.  He quit on his team. 

Eh I dont think so. Sounds like it was planned to me. Players didnt seem all that upset over it. Odd way to way end it sure, but to each his own

• Like (+1) 1

Vontae Davis didn't but an ex-Bill did:

1988 Buffalo Bills Draft

6th Round - Dan Murray LB East Stroudsburg

Pretty sure he was the the last player drafted by an NFL team from this program.

:w00t::w00t:

Edited by I am the egg man

http://thestroudcourier.com/2018/11/01/esu-coaches-pay-tribute-to-denny-douds/

Not the way I would have done it, but what the hell.   Its pretty ego-centric but he wanted to exit his way.  I think it lacks a little respect for the game..but God bless him.

53 years as a coach and 45 years at East Strousburg... universally loved and admired.  He seems like the type of coach that men who played for him think about when they are asked about their key mentor or role-model.  I'd probably say he was the anti-Vontae.  Enjoy retirement coach.....

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Eh I dont think so. Sounds like it was planned to me. Players didnt seem all that upset over it. Odd way to way end it sure, but to each his own

If they were having a great season, would he have done the same thing? Honest question.  I know it’s a little extreme to say it erases everything but he one lesson my coaches taught me is not to ever quit.  How would we feel about a player doing this?

it makes for an interesting discussion though.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If they were having a great season, would he have done the same thing? Honest question.  I know it’s a little extreme to say it erases everything but he one lesson my coaches taught me is not to ever quit.  How would we feel about a player doing this?

it makes for an interesting discussion though.

They were down one score with a chance at a desperation mode miracle.

I think these kids work too hard to not be given a chance just so this dude can grandstand.

It's not a big deal, but he's not some kind of hero.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

They were down one score with a chance at a desperation mode miracle.

I think these kids work too hard to not be given a chance just so this dude can grandstand.

It's not a big deal, but he's not some kind of hero.

The article said they were down 13 points with less than 10 seconds left in the game.