Around the League Week 8

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No red zone channel?

Yes, Burns. Mayfield is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

No Red Zone, I watch the Bills, then I’m usually not in the mood for football anymore.... NFL Gameday Live is as close as I get. But my appetite is usually ruined by post game.

I know all the bad stuff about Mayfield....but his general accuracy is something I’ve learned to really appreciate and crave over recent decades.....

Edited by Augie

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I haven’t really been on the “why didn’t we take Mahones” train, since I didn’t think we should have at the time and liked the trade.

But man is he good.  Clearly at the top of the next gen of QBs after Brady, Rogers, Brees, et al. move on.

He is good

But it really does help when your WR's are wide fricken open (by like College level standard) and actually do something AFTER they catch the ball.....

Nice to have a TE that climbs the ladder for a high ball and help you out like Kelce

but.....you have to give Mahommes credit man......he is the cog in the wheel that is making it happen

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

No Red Zone, I watch the Bills, then I’m usually not in the mood for football anymore.... NFL Gameday Live is as close as I get. But my appetite is usually ruined by post game.

I know all the bad stuff about Mayfield....but his general accuracy is something I’ve learned to really appreciate and crave over recent decades.....

The Browns offensive production hasn't been good because Mayfield isn't playing well, but the Browns have talent and are playing every game close anyway.

Right now all the rookies are below average and look like their scouting reports. It's the year over year improvement that will show who is the best.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

He is. He is way more nfl ready than allen  at this point. I think Mayfield is gonna be really good in the coming years 

And yet, despite all the better weaponry, the better coordinator and the better TEAM overall, his completion percentage is what, 3% higher than Allen's?

Way more, indeed. :rolleyes:

Edited by joesixpack

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

astonishing. but they are just young stupid kids. 

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And yet, despite all the better weaponry, the better coordinator and the better TEAM overall, his completion percentage is what, 3% higher than Allen's?

trent and fitzy used to go 20/26.....didn't make them good qbs

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Cavs fired Ty Lue today ..Have head coaches from 2 different franchises in the same city ever been fired on the same day before?

crazy to fire lue. he has done a great job in Cleveland.....musta been personality conflicts

I have to say I am thinking Allen is much closer to Darnold, Mayfield and Rosen than it had looked like.  I'm not impressed with any of them lately.  All under 60% and all seem to be turn over prone.  Allen may have the least amount of talent around him so it looks like it it is way too early to judge Allen.  

Just now, Tcali said:

don't quote completion %s when comparing QBs in the nfl...it a useless stat in todays game with all the check downs etc

And yet, you have chuckleheads here both pre- and post- draft saying that Allen's completion percentage in college was the key indicator that he couldn't succeed.

Strange.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

All you have to do is watch a Browns game vs a bills game to see Mayfield is way farther ahead. The Browns are way more competitive in their games than the bills. The bills have had 4 blowout losses this year (Ravens, Chargers, packers and Colts) where as the Browns have been in every single game and were robbed of a win against the raiders. Both qbs are rookies and will have growing pains, but Mayfield is no doubt the better qb at the moment 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

All you have to do is watch a Browns game vs a bills game to see Mayfield is way farther ahead. The Browns are way more competitive in their games than the bills. The bills have had 4 blowout losses this year (Ravens, Chargers, packers and Colts) where as the Browns have been in every single game and were robbed of a win against the raiders. Both qbs are rookies and will have growing pains, but Mayfield is no doubt the better qb at the moment 

Are we "eye testing" now?

i thought that was a no-go in today's era of "advanced analytics."

I'm so confused.

Also, of note, Allen wasn't the starter in TWO of those blowout losses.

Edited by joesixpack

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

very true