Recommend me a good frozen dinner

Roundybout

Hey, guys,

just started a new job that has me working late nights (usually 5-12 am). I am not always able to bring food from home, so I usually grab a frozen dinner from Tops on my way to work. I like Healthy Choice's adobo chicken power bowl, and Stouffers Swedish meatballs and pasta. Beyond that, im not sure what's good out there. What do you guys like? I'm open to pretty much anything. Money isn't really a problem unless it's something like 10 dollars a meal.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

I haven’t had one in years, but you reminded me of the Stouffers lasagna, which I used to love! 

This was my recomendation as long as time isn't a factor.  I think all said and done they take about an hour and 20 minutes. 

These things from Costco are pretty quick and good. I usually have 2 of them. The sauce has a pretty good kick.

bbgo_bibimbap_box-md.jpg

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Can’t go wrong with Amy’s.  My wife keeps some of these in the freezer for quick dinners during the work week.  I’ve had both the mac n cheese and the bean/cheese burrito.  Both solid.

I really like their Mexican casserole bowl. I wish tops carried them.

• Like (+1) 1

If you're normal weight go for it.  If not?  Why not eat before work.  It's only 7 hours.

I work shifts... That's what got Me in trouble.  Eating @ work.  I now do 12hr. Shifts.  0600-1800 or 1800-0600.

I don't eat durinng work!

1700-Midnight is still a normal sleep pattern.  Just go to bed right when You get home.  Have a breakfast, lunch/dinner.

If you're heavy, this will cut You down quick!  That's what jump started me! ...When I was heavy.  I worked 1400-Midnight during a maintenance project we had.  All I did was sleep, work, wake and eat... Then back to work.

Just my 2¢

BTW... Get too routine on these off shifts, that's when the pounds pack on!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

if you can find them, there's a line of frozen food called 'Devour'.. all of their products are mucho tasty but I warn you - don't look at the 'nutrition' label - their numbers are off the charts, even by frozen food standards!

> you reminded me of the Stouffers lasagna, which I used to love! 

"It's like - hell yeah I'm stoked for this lasagna!  Then you nuke it and the cheese is all scabby.. it's like whatever happened to truth in advertising??"  (/BB Reference)

Edited by coloradobillsfan

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have to count calories so I love Healthy Choice Simply Steamers. They are 200-300 calories each and are pretty tasty. I can eat two for lunch and stay under 500 calories.

After surgery I had to watch my salt intake and Steamers qualified.   I was partial to the Pineapple Chicken ones.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have to count calories so I love Healthy Choice Simply Steamers. They are 200-300 calories each and are pretty tasty. I can eat two for lunch and stay under 500 calories.

If you only ate one, calorie counting would be simplified.

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

if you can find them, there's a line of frozen food called 'Devour'.. all of their products are mucho tasty but I warn you - don't look at the 'nutrition' label - their numbers are off the charts, even by frozen food standards!

> you reminded me of the Stouffers lasagna, which I used to love! 

"It's like - hell yeah I'm stoked for this lasagna!  Then you nuke it and the cheese is all scabby.. it's like whatever happened to truth in advertising??"  (/BB Reference)

Our season ticket holders are trying to figure out that truth in advertising thing.

• Haha (+1) 2