Boston fans are adorable

PromoTheRobot

I love seeing Boston sports fans act all nervous-like as if their stupid 115-win baseball team winning is akin to the Miracle in Ice. This from a city where every one of their stupid teams win all the time. "Oh, please. Just two more outs. I don't know if we can pull this off!" You people are kidding right?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All that winning still can't erase the 100 years or so of that feeling they always got from the Red Sox.  Now, the 20-somethings have no reason to think like that, but I'll always understand it from the middle aged or older fans.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I love seeing Boston sports fans act all nervous-like as if their stupid 115-win baseball team winning is akin to the Miracle in Ice. This from a city where every one of their stupid teams win all the time. "Oh, please. Just two more outs. I don't know if we can pull this off!" You people are kidding right?

Canada at times sends hockey teams to the Olympics and Worlds with the best talent by 3 goals easily

and they always dog***** away a first round game against France or Uzbekhistan, then all of Canada moans how Canada is really an underdog and it's all uphill from here

and when they won, as they always should have in a cakewalk, they get to feel heroic for overcoming all the steep odds

----------------------------------

Greatest line in history:

Jeter:  Yogi, I'm nervous.

Yogi: Kid, we've been kicking their ass for 80 years.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, shrader said:

All that winning still can't erase the 100 years or so of that feeling they always got from the Red Sox.  Now, the 20-somethings have no reason to think like that, but I'll always understand it from the middle aged or older fans.

Only for drama queens.  If the Bills won 3 going on 4 Super Bowls over the next decade, would you still have tolerance for fans who whine about Scott Norwood?

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Only for drama queens.  If the Bills won 3 going on 4 Super Bowls over the next decade, would you still have tolerance for fans who whine about Scott Norwood?

would have been that way if it was Steve Christie there for the first one...  :(

instead of the third when it was too late...

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

I've seen more "Yankees Suck" messages on facebook from Red Sox "fans" than i have seen "Go Sox"

My college buddy who is a Sox fan posted on Facebook before the playoffs "Yankees suck!  I don't see their fans talking this year."  I usually don't respond to his crap, but I did reply "Dude, they did win 100 games this year.  It wasn't exactly a bad year."  He didn't have a response.

It's been exactly 500 years since the Protestant Reformation.  The Catholics have done everything Martin Luther ever wanted and then some. 

Can't the Protestants be Catholics again?

Can't the Boston Red Sox just be the New York Yankees now!

?

28 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My college buddy who is a Sox fan posted on Facebook before the playoffs "Yankees suck!  I don't see their fans talking this year."  I usually don't respond to his crap, but I did reply "Dude, they did win 100 games this year.  It wasn't exactly a bad year."  He didn't have a response.

Their sole existence is that they aren't the New York Yankees.  But they are the Yankees.  That's all they ever wanted to be!

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I never said I tolerate it, I said I understand it.  You can't just erase a lifetime's worth of an inferiority complex.  It's amazing how deeply that runs around there, permeating through all sports.  That will never go away until they die off.

And yes, if the Bills or Sabres were to ever get an extended run of success (spoiler alert: they won't), people will still fall back on Norwood and no goal.  People never forget.  No matter how good they have things in life, they always think back and wonder what if.  The effects may lessen, but they never go away.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Canada at times sends hockey teams to the Olympics and Worlds with the best talent by 3 goals easily

and they always dog***** away a first round game against France or Uzbekhistan, then all of Canada moans how Canada is really an underdog and it's all uphill from here

and when they won, as they always should have in a cakewalk, they get to feel heroic for overcoming all the steep odds

----------------------------------

Greatest line in history:

Jeter:  Yogi, I'm nervous.

Yogi: Kid, we've been kicking their ass for 80 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, shrader said:

I never said I tolerate it, I said I understand it.  You can't just erase a lifetime's worth of an inferiority complex.  It's amazing how deeply that runs around there, permeating through all sports.  That will never go away until they die off.

And yes, if the Bills or Sabres were to ever get an extended run of success (spoiler alert: they won't), people will still fall back on Norwood and no goal.  People never forget.  No matter how good they have things in life, they always think back and wonder what if.  The effects may lessen, but they never go away.

:lol:

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're obviously not a Red Sox fan.

If you were, like me, you'd know that it is ingrained in your brain that somehow it's all going to go pear shaped, despite the recent World Series victories.

It's kind of like being a Bills/Sabres fan, actually.

PS:  The Red Sox won 108 games this year.  

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You're obviously not a Red Sox fan.

If you were, like me, you'd know that it is ingrained in your brain that somehow it's all going to go pear shaped, despite the recent World Series victories.

It's kind of like being a Bills/Sabres fan, actually.

PS:  The Red Sox won 108 games this year.  

How can past victories go pear shaped!  LoL...

The Bills/Sabres won nothing.  It's nothing like being a Bills/Sabres fan!

Red Sox are Yankees wannabees.  With a lot less rings.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The only Boston team i've cheered for is the Celtics, and they were set upon by evil forces in Philly and Los Angeles for my cheering years of 1975 through 1988 or so

if a BIlls fan started their consciousness in 1989 or so, they would have come to demand a great winning product in Buffalo, so what year did that crater on them?

3 hours ago, shrader said:

While I agree that it may never happen lol...I have to disagree that people would still hold onto Wide Right and No Goal.  If anything I think it would be the complete opposite where Buffalo fans would finally have closure and be able to move on from those moments.  It is pretty pathetic people still dwell on them with how long it has been now yet also completely understandable because neither team has won a championship yet so there is always that what if.....but if the Bills and Sabres brought home some hardware I absolutely think the majority of fans would be able to leave Wide Right and No Goal behind them.