Tyrod, Allen, and Peterman.

Hypothetically, who gives the Bills the best chance to win a game, right now?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who gives the Bills the best chance to win a game, right now?

If the game was today, Tyrod. I think we can all agree that Peterman is out of the question. And while I think the decision to drop Tyrod in favor of Allen was, and still is, a good idea, Allen isn't ready yet. He's got a high ceiling, much higher than Tyrod's, but at this point, Tyrod is the best of the three. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

If the game was today, Tyrod. I think we can all agree that Peterman is out of the question. And while I think the decision to drop Tyrod in favor of Allen was, and still is, a good idea, Allen isn't ready yet. He's got a high ceiling, much higher than Tyrod's, but at this point, Tyrod is the best of the three. 

He can't even start for the browns! He sucks.

4 minutes ago, westside said:

He can't even start for the browns! He sucks.

Behind a #1 overall pick. That's irrelevant to this particular conversation. All else on our team being the same, if these were your three options, and you weren't worried about long term development, just winning one single game, who would you start?

Derek Anderson.  I don't deal in hypotheticals from the past.  Tyrod is not a Bill.  Despite Peterman's statement about leaning from his mistakes, he clearly hasn't.  There are only so many chances you can give him.  I'm still hopeful Josh Allen will develop, and I think there are games he can win right now.  Heck, I think if Buffalo had gotten great play, or even average play out of their special teams, they had a good chance of beating Houston.  I said Derek Anderson because he's healthy, he has some physical skills, and some experience that includes one year of elite/near elilte play.

As the saga goes on the trade of AJ to the Raiders looks more & more foolish on McD & Beans part he should have been kept as insurance due to the fact that neither of there 2 other QB's had more than 2 starts together !

IMHO huge rookie type HC mistake !! 

• Like (+1) 1

The answer is Anderson.  Tyrod is not on the roster, Peterman is out of the question, and Allen is dinged up.  Maybe Josh getting hurt yesterday is a good thing longer-term because it gives the coaches an excuse to put the veteran QB in the starter role against the Colts without having to pull the switch based on performance.  Let Josh sit, heal up, and observe for a few weeks and then make the decision to stick with Anderson or go back to Allen based on W/L at that point in the season.  

Still stuck on Tyrod, seriously! Then we have to give back the pick to the Browns for a guy who has no future.  I'm glad they got rid of him.  My money is on Anderson being the best guy we could actually play, not hypothetically. I would still go with Allen because at the end of the day I'm holding out hope that he ends up being better than all 4 at some point early on in his career.  A better poll would be who will be released first our special teams coach, or Peterman?  

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I admit that it's stupid, but trying to make a point. If you had these three options, as they are today, fully healthy of course, who gives the Bills the best chance to win a game, right now?

Right now, by far, the correct answer is Tyrod Taylor.

The plan with moving on from Tyrod and taking on a new QB was to hopefully get to the point where the new guy would be much better than Tyrod.

Short term setback for long term gain.

Does that concept confuse you?

Of course, Allen was the wrong pick and we'll be lucky if he ever achieves a steady Tyrod level of success, but that's beside the point.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

The first two are unwatchable scrubs 

I’d rather watch Pawn Stars 

Seriously?  You think Josh Allen, right now, is anything other than completely lost?

He does bust into a nice run now and again, that's true.  

But so did Tyrod!

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The plan with moving on from Tyrod and taking on a new QB was to hopefully get to the point where the new guy would be much better than Tyrod.

Of course, Allen was the wrong pick and we'll be lucky if he ever achieves a steady Tyrod level of success, but that's beside the point.

Seriously?  You think Josh Allen, right now, is anything other than completely lost?

But so did Tyrod!

I've literally said this exact same thing in this thread. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

But so did Tyrod!

Josh Allen is gonna be a fine QB.  

Book it