Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

10 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Considering how these drama queens are describing Allen you'd think he had gone 0-17 with 10 interceptions. What a bunch of babies.

It's amazing how low the bar is for QB play around these parts.

While teams are regularly throwing for 400 yards a game, we're throwing for 123 yards per contest. 

Our QB play this season has been laughably bad. We're scoring 12.7 points per game in 2018!!

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Recently inducted HOF Pat Mahomes is facing the worst defense in the league with the best schemes and great weapons all around him and looks like dog crap. Missing open receivers constantly.

But to be fair lets look at the body of work, rather than 1 quarter.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Speaking of exaggerating.

He completed 11 passes for 84 yards.

One of those went for 39 yards, and one went for 22 when he committed the cardinal sin of throwing the ball across his body down the middle the field.

The other 9 completions went for 23 total yards. 

Hard to imagine there being any impressive throws in there when they averaged 2.5 yards per completion. 

You dont like the passes?  Blame the OC not Allen....he is executing the plays that are being called

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Mahones first play, fake handoff, bullet to the TE for an easy reception and first down

Bills QBs since Kelly couldn’t do this even if there was no D out there

This was literally the first play we ran today.

Fake to McCoy, and Allen threw it straight at Clay's feet... 

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Thought Watson made key plays at key times......but our D still did a excellent job

That's my point. In my opinion, save for that pick six, their d had nothing for us in comparison to what we brought to Watson. 

4 hours ago, BakersBills said:

i think allen has looked alright, lots of big plays called back or dropped.

elite runner, great arm, questionable decision making, horrible supporting casting.

post of the day and so right. I was actually encouraged by what I saw from Josh Allen today. He was starting to come on and was making plays when he got injured. I can also tell you this if he plays the entire game we win this game. 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nostradumbass said:

I am not an Allen hater but EJ tracked better through his first 5 games 

But this is kind of the point. Judging a QB's career from their first 5 games is a fool's errand. Here's a list of rookie QBs and their stats after their first 5 games (with a minimum of 50 total pass attempts), ranked in descending order by passer rating:

http://pfref.com/tiny/xbaMx

The top 10 in order:

Marc Bulger

Dak Prescott

RGIII

Deshaun Watson

Ben Roethlisberger

Carson Wentz

Jake Locker

Todd Bouman

Cody Kessler

Marcus Mariota

Josh Allen already ranks above Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick on this chart. He is not far below Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff. 42 QBs including the likes of Mark Sanchez and EJ Manuel rank above Andrew Luck on this chart.

The point is you can look at just about any grouping in this chart and find something weird. Rookie QBs aren't defined by what they do in their first 5 games. It is just as likely that he improves tremendously next year as it is that he regresses. Anyone making predictions either way is foolish.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

It's amazing how low the bar is for QB play around these parts.

While teams are regularly throwing for 400 yards a game, we're throwing for 123 yards per contest. 

Our QB play this season has been laughably bad. We're scoring 12.7 points per game in 2018!!

We get it. You expected a star from the very beginning and there's no time for learning or improvement. 

Allen outplayed Watson today. The same Watson that was crowned a year ago. And between the two of them Allen was the one on the road in a hostile environment facing Watt and Clowney and without a future HOF at WR to throw to.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

Just now, John from Riverside said:

yes he is

The first play of the game, Allen faked a hand off to McCoy, and promptly threw the ball straight at Clay's feet for what would have been an easy first down.

That's the Offensive Coordinator's fault? 

1 minute ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

post of the day and right in. I was actually encouraged by what I saw from Josh Allen today. He was starting to come in when he got injured. I can also tell you this if he plays the entire game we win this game. 

I felt the same way.  He’s tough and plays smart - I see progress.

Had my daughter's birthday today so DVR'd the game.  Just watched it and if you're saying Allen showed nothing and had no improvement and so on you're nuts.   I saw one truly off target throw.  Looked better at pre-snap reads.  On target with the majority of throws. Running threat as he's shown before.  Long way to go still but certainly better than some here are saying.

Peterman though.   You cannot make that throw.  I think we win if Allen didn't get hurt.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The first play of the game, Allen faked a hand off to McCoy, and promptly threw the ball straight at Clay's feet for what would have been an easy first down.

That is one throw.  

To the the rest of the posters, this is the guy who would have traded anything to get Jamie's Winston.  He really has no idea about QBs.

22 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Haha, it was just a joke. I will be honest I dont know what you were originally even talking about. I just saw the profile picture and was feeling snarky - hopefully you didnt take offense to it. If you did, sorry man. 

I like the "Big P" though haha

Lol na not at all. I was just wondering if I were the only one who noticed Watson drop back and almost stand there at times to let the rush get to him just to duck under the pressure and step up in the pocket. It almost reminded me of the lil on a rb draw.

Little tidbit, my picture came draft night in a drunken rage as we TRADED UP to select Allen over Rosen seemed a lot like Maybin over Orakpo all over again. I just dont have much else to use now... maybe I will just make it whoever we draft next year or something lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You are fuking insufferable

He was off the mark on his first pass of the night....he was on the mark with every other pass that series and with MOST of his passes for the day.....

Do you think HOF bound QBs dont throw bad passes?