Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: I can't wait to see how this backfires on Zero Chance Joe. 

the Biden campaign created a website called, 'thefactsfolks.com', to fact check smears about Sleepy Joe. really? geesus, they are *****in' stupid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

the Biden campaign created a website called, 'thefactsfolks.com', to fact check smears about Sleepy Joe. really? geesus, they are *****in' stupid.

3mt6p0.jpg

Whoever is running Biden's campaign needs a serious "Okay Boomer" intervention

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Stalinists do and say Stalinist things.

You somehow must have picked up the wrong story to go with that picture. I distinctly remember her referring to Bernie's feeling of inadequacy when that picture was taken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation over Russia remarks

Tulsi Gabbard filed a defamation lawsuit against Hillary Clinton on Wednesday, alleging the former secretary of state and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee "lied" about the Hawaii congresswoman's ties to Russia during a 2019 interview.

"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe. "She's the favorite of the Russians."

Clinton, in the same interview, suggested that person she was talking about was a "Russian asset," while not naming Gabbard.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in federal court in the Southern District of New York, says Gabbard has suffered damages that are "estimated to exceed $50 million." She is seeking unspecified compensation and the prevention of a further spread of the comments. Clinton spokesman Merrill responded to the lawsuit by calling it "ridiculous."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/tulsi-gabbard-hillary-clinton-lawsuit/index.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation over Russia remarks

After Hillary's embarrassing kneecapping of Bernie, Gabbard is smartly going after her, fully aware that American's who consider themselves Democrats are begging Hillary to just please, please, please go away...while simultaneously realizing she won't.

Good on Gabbard. I really like this woman.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: I can't wait to see how this backfires on Zero Chance Joe. 

:lol: Sure, burn 44. That will help you keep those Obama voting base you desperately need. 

...thought I read Jenna Jamison is playing Quid Pro Joe in the video...……...

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

My prediction is he endorses Biden before South Carolina if he wins Iowa or New Hampshire.  That should give Biden the nomination.  However, this politico article says

One Democrat who is neutral in the 2020 race and spoke to Obama about Biden’s gaffe-prone nature recalled the former president saying: “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f*** things up.”

However, If Biden slips up and Bernie gains the momentum it's going to be hilarious seeing all these corporate Dems start to endorse Bloomberg.  A guy who ran as a Republican for mayor accepting Giuliani's endorsement.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

This woman has a bag of rocks for brains and a lump of coal for a heart. She’s despicable. The father couldn’t have said it any better or made her look anymore foolish. She is the proxy for the academic progressive left and she can’t even address a simple point without resorting to the snark to defend her position. It’s in their DNA, just blow off the normal Americans: cater to the stupid and the “ruling elites”. 

• Like (+1) 2

ELIZABETH WARREN’S JOE THE PLUMBER MOMENT.

After waiting in line to get his moment with Warren, a voter “vent[ed] frustration that her promise to wipe out student loan debt would not reimburse him for the tuition that he’d already paid,” as the Hill report puts it.

I would put it slightly differently. I would say he wondered if Warren understood that her proposal would make him a chump of the first order.

“My daughter is in school,” the man said, as captured in The Hill’s transcription of the exchange. “I saved all my money just to pay my student loans. Can I have my money back?”

“Of course not,” Warren responded.

“So you want to help those who don’t save any money and the ones that do the right thing get screwed?” he responded.

The Hill notes that the man cited his friend who makes more money than he does and, instead of paying off his loans, the friend bought a car and went on expensive vacations.

“I saved my money,” the man said. “He made more than I did. I worked a double shift, worked extra … so you’re laughing at me.”

“No I’m not,” Warren responded.

“Yes that’s exactly what you’re doing,” the man said. “We did the right thing and we get screwed.”

That is a sentiment that is widely applicable to the Democrats’ policy proposals.

Well, to be fair, the votes of people who didn’t do the right thing are plentiful, and easier to buy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1