Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And Hillary was worse right? She was worstest ever, right? 

Her stints as SOS and US Senator were very unremarkable to be polite about it.  At least Jimmy Carter could claim administration experience as Governor of Georgia.  Does your mom dole out your allowance 1 dollar at a time or does she decide to live on the wild side giving you 10 bucks for Friday evening?  You sure do not inspire confidence in terms of judgement with your thoughts on politics.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Might just as well see if Booger Armstrong from Revenge of the Nerds is interested in running to replace Booker.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your fear of Trump winning is very evident when the election is nearly a year and a half away along with Biden being no lock to get his party's nomination.  I'll be the one to force reality in that Biden will falter and will be attacked by people within the Democrat Party.  The Oldrichwhiteguybad narrative is already being put in place.  Would be supporters will not turn out Election Day or realize that the world did not end with 4 years of Trump.  Further, they might see life might have gotten better for them.  This terrifies you.

I do not think Biden will survive the D Primary but one advantage he has is $$. He can outlast the party horn candidates. If he somehow ends up as Trump’s opponent, that’s not easy for Trump. Trump will have an easier time of it with someone further left. 

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I do not think Biden will survive the D Primary but one advantage he has is $$. He can outlast the party horn candidates. If he somehow ends up as Trump’s opponent, that’s not easy for Trump. Trump will have an easier time of it with someone further left. 

I still think that Hillary will poke her head up from the sewer hole at some point.  How does the DNC keep harping on Trump when Biden's son has had Russian dealings?  

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I still think that Hillary will poke her head up from the sewer hole at some point.  How does the DNC keep harping on Trump when Biden's son has had Russian dealings?  

Because laws are for peasants, not them. 

:lol: 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Pa went heavily to Dems in 2018. If Trump loses that state he really cannot lose another state he won in 2016. He is way underwater in the upper Mississippi valley, Arizona looks bad for him, Florida would be very winnable for Biden and even Texas might be in play. 

I'm thinking the answer is Ds need to nominate someone good to run for prez.  If they put up another schlub, expect the same results.

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because laws are for peasants, not them. 

:lol: 

Just people with placards stating how much he sukzzzzz, riding up and down the escalator behind him 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Her stints as SOS and US Senator were very unremarkable to be polite about it.  At least Jimmy Carter could claim administration experience as Governor of Georgia.  Does your mom dole out your allowance 1 dollar at a time or does she decide to live on the wild side giving you 10 bucks for Friday evening?  You sure do not inspire confidence in terms of judgement with your thoughts on politics.

Might just as well see if Booger Armstrong from Revenge of the Nerds is interested in running to replace Booker.

You'll laugh but Cory Booker lost any Democratic support he had when he rolled out Rosario Dawson as the all of a sudden heterosexual girlfriend.  This comes after years of rumors he's spent a lot of money keeping it quiet that he's gay.  I understand why he does this:  While the majority of America is now pretty cool with homsexuality, the African American populous residing in the Northeast of the United States may vote Democratic but they are exceptionally socially conservative when it comes to matters of sexual orientation.  If he went all Pete Buttigeig in New Jersey, he'd be lucky to be mayor of a shore town.  

He was in the Catch-22.  Come out as gay and lose his base.  Try to concoct a story about how Rosario Dawson is totally into him and everyone knows you're a liar and can't be trusted.    

54 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm thinking the answer is Ds need to nominate someone good to run for prez.  If they put up another schlub, expect the same results.

I know many people say the VP is not important, but I disagree. The Presidential nominee will be important, but so will the VP. The Democrats represent a broader coalition of voters than the GOP and need to be show that. Hillary picking Kane was just a really bad move. Nice guy, but he brought nothing to the table 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Biden is even higher! And the FBI won't--we hope--intervene in this election. 

Sure, you guys can still count on Russian help but everyone will be wise to that this time. 

And another factor is the Democrats and the Green New Deal, that could potentially tap the 3-4% of Green Party people. Heck, after what Trump has done, the Greens should just come home anyway. That in and of itself would win the election for Dems 

What has happened to Biden historically when he's run for pres in the past?  Has the additional exposure brought on by a campaign helped him before?  If not why will it help him this time? 

Just like 2016, this will be a hold your nose and vote election. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

What has happened to Biden historically when he's run for pres in the past?  Has the additional exposure brought on by a campaign helped him before?  If not why will it help him this time? 

Just like 2016, this will be a hold your nose and vote election. 

People like Biden. You are not suggesting Biden is as bad as Hillary are you? Seriously? 

That makes it seem like Hillary really was as bas as everyone said, it was just partisan nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

People like Biden. You are not suggesting Biden is as bad as Hillary are you? Seriously? 

That makes it seem like Hillary really was as bas as everyone said, it was just partisan nonsense. 

People like Biden?  Not enough to get him across the finish line in his past attempts for President.  What's changed?  Nothing!  I'll be sorry for asking but what do you think is a coalition of Republican voters to lead you to believe that the Democrats have a broader base?  It might surprise you but I don't run to the radio when Limbaugh is on.  

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

People like Biden?  Not enough to get him across the finish line in his past attempts for President.  What's changed?  Nothing!  I'll be sorry for asking but what do you think is a coalition of Republican voters to lead you to believe that the Democrats have a broader base?  It might surprise you but I don't run to the radio when Limbaugh is on.  

What's changed? He's been VP for 8 years! That. That does kind of get you in the spotlight a little. 

And broader coalition: Well, more people vote for Democrats than Republicans. That's more people overall. And: More women, more minorities, more religious groups: Jews, Muslims, Hindus, you name we take them! 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

What's changed? He's been VP for 8 years! That. That does kind of get you in the spotlight a little. 

And broader coalition: Well, more people vote for Democrats than Republicans. That's more people overall. And: More women, more minorities, more religious groups: Jews, Muslims, Hindus, you name we take them! 

And yet big population states such as NY and California elect Republican politicians to state and federal office from time to time.  Russian tampering?

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You're admitting Hillary was bad?