What is or was your expectations for 2018

I had us around 6-7 wins this year trying to develop a rookie QB. The development is what has me the most concerned though with Allen.

Honest? What will the Bills do if Allen shows no progression throughout the year? Give him more weapons next year or do they try to go another direction at QB?

I personally hope they build around him but you never know what will unfold.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't care about W or L, I'm more concerned with Allen and his growth, that ultimately determines whether or not Beane and McD have a future here. Having a star QB fixes everything.

I'm concerned about W and L, that's the point of playing the games.

I thought we might have a shot at a winning record.  I liked Taylor, but didn’t see it as a huge loss when he was traded.  I also think we have some great young talent, and that that we had a top 5 secondary coming into the season.

The blowouts are so unnerving.  Those make me more worried about the coaching going forward than anything else.

I lean more homer, so I put more stock in the Minny game than I should.  I see that as how we might be capable of playing as this young team develops.  I juxtapose that against our schedule, and still think we’re in the mix.  I think, well, if we can just beat TN, and then maybe Houston.  Then we’re 3-3, and the 2nd half schedule is better, and so on.

That’s how things roll with me.

I wanted the team to address the weakness at WR and OL, i am extremely disappointed in our GM. It appears that they don't have an interest in being competitive while also adding new pieces to the team. You should be able to do both.  Half of our 10 draft picks for next season are 5th round and later. Not too excited about that. It's troubling to take a step back in year 2. We should be moving forward.

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

My expectations was a competitive team with a strong defense and competent offense that could at least score 17+ a game. That went out the window fast.

....and I would say that is/was very reasonable..........probably brings you to 6-8 wins........

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2018 at 12:38 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That’s the spirit! But is it safe to say that you are not in an actuarial profession, like underwriting life insurance? How do you deal with the inevitable heartbreak the Bills have offered up since the AFL championship parties?

Ha! I work in the banking industry...I live a great honest life with my wife and daughter. Sports don't make or break anything for me. I love the Bills and I only focus on the positives. The Buffalo Bills and the NFL provides me with entertainment (Good and Bad), I just DON'T make it inhibit my positivity and perspectives on life.

• Thank you (+1) 1