Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

Cuse rolling, me illegally streaming crappy games against crappy teams to see them.  Griffin and Richmond as advertised, Newton has been a pleasant surprise.  Dolezaj doesn’t look any better than his freshman year, possibly worse.  He missed more point blank shots and layups than anyone I’ve seen since Craig Forth and he’s been facing 6’6” & 6’7” dudes.  

Serious question, is this team better without Buddy?  A lot longer and more athletic that’s for sure. I could see a role for him coming off the bench. Seems like the thing Boeheim might do to his kid. 😬

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Buddy will reclaim his starting spot no doubt, but I think Kadary will get burn at PG and SG. Log lam at SF.  We need Sidibe back badly before conference play.

How awesome is kadary.

Been waiting for this kid! He is just so smooth

• Like (+1) 2

Good to see them come back from down 10, looked like they didn’t know who to go to in crunch time. Girard idk what was up with him but we was terrible. We missed buddy and his outside shot

Tough loss, I think this team has a lot of potential if they can get their stuff together 

Edited by Bray Wyatt

Kind of a moral victory against Rutgers, as sad as that it is to say.  This team has a lot of ballers and a lot of length. The offense and passing in the second half was as smooth as I have seen it, as opposed to the normal iso ball.

I will echo what others have said about Girard. He is a real disappointment, and I’d rather see Richmond at the 1 when Buddy comes back. 

Guerrier has really developed a nice 3-point stroke. I fear he is gone after this year. 

On 12/9/2020 at 12:12 AM, Bermuda Triangle said:

Girard is a chucker.  He'll get hot once in a while, but when he's off (which is most of the time), he brings pretty much nothing else to the table.  Brutal shot selection from him and Griffin tonight.

Richmond is gonna be GOOD

Girard was much better last year.  His shooting % has dropped nearly 10 points since last season.  He’s always been a poor defender, but he has been particularly bad this year.  Rutgers went right at him all game long.

He looks flat out there....unmotivated, slow, out of shape (maybe?).  I wonder if there is something going on with him outside of basketball.  Hope he turns it around.  We need him.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:09 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Couldn’t catch the BC game Today. 40 point win??!! What happened?

Girard and Boeheim were splashing 30 footers, they couldn’t miss neither did the rest of the team.  Richmond, Griffin and Newton have brought a different level of athleticism. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not taking my victory lap yet on Richmond, but I still think he's going to be one of the best players we've had in quite a while provided the NBA doesn't come calling too early.

Curious to see what we do when Sidibe returns. I think the correct answer is bringing him off the bench. We should have 2 of Guerrier, Dolezaj, and Sidibe on the floor at all times but never all 3 of them IMO.

To me, the ideal lineup is Kadary, Buddy, Griffin, Guerrier, and Dolezaj with Girard, Woody (who has really shocked me with his play so far), and Sidibe off the bench.

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Not taking my victory lap yet on Richmond, but I still think he's going to be one of the best players we've had in quite a while provided the NBA doesn't come calling too early.

Curious to see what we do when Sidibe returns. I think the correct answer is bringing him off the bench. We should have 2 of Guerrier, Dolezaj, and Sidibe on the floor at all times but never all 3 of them IMO.

To me, the ideal lineup is Kadary, Buddy, Griffin, Guerrier, and Dolezaj with Girard, Woody (who has really shocked me with his play so far), and Sidibe off the bench.

I hear ya, but don’t you think we’ll need Sidibe at the 5 for conference play?  Dolezaj is crafty and gets by against the bigs from these smaller programs, but I think we’ll need Sidibe’s length and shot blocking ability against better ACC big men.

There lies the dilemma.  You want both Dolezaj and Guerrier on the floor.  Guerrier could play the 3, but you want Griffin out there to stretch the defense.  Good problem to have I suppose.  I don’t see Girard losing his starting spot to Kadary, but JG3 will have a short leash for sure.  He’s such a defensive liability.

20 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I know we were all watching the Bills game. But I finally got through the Syracuse-Buffalo game.

Wow. What a comeback! That Griffin chase-down block was as good a play I have seen out of a Syracuse team in years! 

You beat UB but UB gave you Covid. (maybe. UB program paused for Covid.)

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You beat UB but UB gave you Covid. (maybe. UB program paused for Covid.)

Ugh. Just saw this. ND game postponed.

You wonder if the NCAA testing is as fast as NFL. This could just be a Buffalo staffer twice removed from any Syracuse player. 

with the games so tightly played in NCAA though, there are going to be a ton of cancelations this year. Saturday to Tuesday is too tight a turn around.