Tremaine Edmunds does not look lost; Frazier: “game is starting to slow down for him”

YoloinOhio

On 10/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, billsfan89 said:

Exactly I can't see MLB's commanding more than 10-12 million a year. A great MLB can be an integral part to your run defense, a major part in defending the short and intermediate passing game while also adding in a little to your pass rush. However they aren't primary pass rushers and the market for them isn't too crazy. 

This is an undervalued point. You can develop all -pro talent under the constrains of the future budget. Not each position is valued the same at its peak Salary of course. So you can find ways to draft and develop players in layers (years of contract and due date to re negotiate )Bills  could have a  a pro bowl player at nickel corner  and both guards due for contract same year and still have cash flow for a couple more key positions.

its complicated at first glance because it is 3 - D  Gm work. Projecting specific budgets and drafting accordingly.

Player value ( skill etc) vs long term cost (second contract ) vs position value by the league $ vs Cap over time

does that make sense to anyone lol  ?

On 10/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

So my suspicions were right 

thanks Yolo

Predetermined prejudice.   

It's based upon "tribal mentality"
We all do it in varying degrees i imagine.

: )

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2018 at 3:59 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

He’s been responsible in some way for I believe now 5 turnovers 

as mentioned , he seems to improve each game.. and simply put , Leslie has called it correctly.
doing everything better.

Just fun to watch grow on a weekly basis. he and M Milano are making each other better and having fun.
such a key position ? His play affects the rest of the Defensive game. whats called even.

I like what McBeanes did for the Dline this year. Showing up to me , it has helped the young LBs and secondary as well quickly settle down and focus

Love this Big Goofy Kid 

Great pick for many reasons.

Go Bills !

On 10/2/2018 at 11:30 AM, PlayoffsPlease said:

Just as the rookie contract comes to its conclusion. 

Thats perfect. If he peaks before his rookie contract ends he will demand a massive pay day 

if he somewhat goes under the radar the next 3-4 years and really explodes when he's 24-29 its better for us. 

On 10/2/2018 at 11:53 AM, PlayoffsPlease said:

I think you miss the point.  His age does not matter.  It will only make him more attractive to other teams (or more expensive to the Bills when the rookie contract is up).   You get a rookie for the life of the rookie contract, whether he is 20 or 23 at the start does not change that fact. 

Right. That is the problem with drafting raw players. As soon as their skills come to full fruition you have to pony up big $ to keep them. Meanwhile, guys who come out ready can give you a couple of years of top play at low prices. Look at Tredavious White as an example.

Maybe McDermott and Beane see the defensive MLB as a quarterback type who is worth paying big $ to keep an elite player long term. You can't have too many of those on your roster before you're in salary cap trouble though.

Edited by vincec
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, vincec said:

Right. That is the problem with drafting raw players. As soon as their skills come to full fruition you have to pony up big $ to keep them. Meanwhile, guys who come out ready can give you a couple of years of top play at low prices. Look at Tredavious White as an example.

Maybe McDermott and Beane see the defensive MLB as a quarterback type who is worth paying big $ to keep an elite player long term. You can't have too many of those on your roster before you're in salary cap trouble though.

The good new is Edmunds will probably be elite  by the end of this season.  

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The good new is Edmunds will probably be elite  by the end of this season.  

Exactly....this kid is getting really good really fast.......by the 3/4 stretch of this year he is going to just flat out be a monster....we are seeing monster play here and there already.

We cannot be afraid to draft studs for fear that we might lose them.....we cannot be afraid to develop talent that might take a little longer

On 10/2/2018 at 11:30 AM, PlayoffsPlease said:

Just as the rookie contract comes to its conclusion. 

In my opinion, it’s best not to worry about problems you MAY face multiple years from now. 

Just my my two cents. 

On 10/2/2018 at 1:33 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Edmunds has looked better every single time he's stepped on the field. That's what you want to see from a rookie.

Zero worries about this kid.

He was ROASTED in week two but, otherwise, in my opinion, has played great ball. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Exactly....this kid is getting really good really fast.......by the 3/4 stretch of this year he is going to just flat out be a monster....we are seeing monster play here and there already.

We cannot be afraid to draft studs for fear that we might lose them.....we cannot be afraid to develop talent that might take a little longer

try to keep up.  the whole purpose of this sidebar discussion is to point out that there is zero advantage to having a 20 year vs a 23 year old rookie. No one whatsoever is concerned about having too much talent. 

9 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

try to keep up.  the whole purpose of this sidebar discussion is to point out that there is zero advantage to having a 20 year vs a 23 year old rookie. No one whatsoever is concerned about having too much talent. 

I am keeping up.....we are talking about the ability to pay and keep them right?

• Thank you (+1) 1