Bills vs. Packers Post Game Thread

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i won't argue that, but this is 2018 and i would respect a coach for switching qbs in a game out of hand. for one, if nate would have come in and started rolling with quick strikes, we may have had a chance to win. and in case anybody doesn't know, wins gets you to the playoffs.

josh was rattled beyond recovery and pulling him wouldn't/couldn't have hurt his progress any more than letting him get eaten up at the end of the game. i respect a coaching staff that will do whatever it takes to win....not one who wants to coddle players and prepare a loser's postgame speech while they're on the sidelines.

....he's a youngster just learning the ropes at this level...highs and lows are expected as part of the learning process as will be taking his lumps...can't be rushing to the bull pen phone for "lumps relief" IMO......good way to destroy confidence building IMO....

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I disagree that Allen was “ rattled beyond recovery” as I got more of a sense that he was trying to make something happen rather than his nerves getting the best of him. Pettine kicked his ass, pure and simple, imo. 

Your point about making a change is understandable,  but there is also a benefit to having your young QB play adversity and getting reps, regardless. I’d like to share your optimism about Peterman, but I just can’t. Imo, it would have been far worse and we would truly have seen a QB get rattled beyond recovery as we’ve seen from him already. I think the only time we will see Peterman is if Allen gets hurt.

that's my point. two guys falling on allen...hard sacks...mainly due to rookie mistakes, why would you subject him to that? and don't forget wins are what gets us somewhere, not giving in to develop a player.  he was left out there to take a beating and i think that's b.s.  not only are you letting that happen, your're also not allowing a fresh set of eyes perhaps turn things around and just maybe get win...which i have stressed before is the goal, anything else is b.s.

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

two that i saw.but ...oh and that's another thing....not playing press. how in the hell can you not bump these guys at the line and throw rogers's 2 second throws off?

explain to me why our db's backpeddling at the snap against aaron rogers is a solid plan? frazier sucks ....his game plan sucks... and mcd should have never given him back the reigns. sure, i get it, you thought it was gonna be ok , but you gave him a whole game to revert to the results we got in the la game. mcd has to either take over or replace frazier now.

if this season goes down in flames because of defense, that's on sean mcdermott and no one else...period.

The defense has some players now. Some key players in secondary who have been lining up are smart and playing fast. Johnson and Lewis for example.

let it rip.

Star was always double teamed it seemed on so was kyle.
there must have been a way to get to Rodgers.

as i alwayshave said. QBs like these Rodgers etc who are masters of the game? Lineman need to know passing lanes and get hands up. fundamental football. lb's as well.

I could see players continuing rushing when 5 yards form the QB and ball about to be released.

drives me nut

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I don't agree as near the end of the game when Pettine stopped blitzing Allen had time in the pocket he looked very stable, confidant and threw with zip on a few throws. 

Besides, pulling a rookie QB for any reason other than he is injured could destroy that QBs confidence. Will he  then be looking over his shoulder with every mistake? 

We fans knew this preseason was going to be a very rough year with players on the O line that needed replacing, lousy WR corps. So many predicted 4-12 and yet are bitching anyway. 

HE WAS OUR STARTING QB. this ain't preseason. this is where wins count

Hasn't the book on Pettine always been to run the ball at him?  He's made any number of great QB's look bad but teams have found room to run.  With all that said a team that is a little over a season removed from leading the league in rushing for a second season seems absolutely incapable of getting it going against anyone.

Edited by Maine-iac

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Did I miss the links to the postgame pressers

Yep.   New guy (...) didnt do any homework to provide links etc in essence costing the whole board the content we’ve seen for years and years ??????

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, everyone knows that if a QB doesn’t shine right out of the gate as a rookie it means he sucks and the solution is to keep drafting QB high until you get one who can function without an OL, RB, and WRs.

Oh, waitaminnut!

When a team makes a substantial investment for a QB at the top of the draft, the onus to win begins that day.  It's my opinion, surrounding that individual w the most talent is the obvious and only way to go.  Taking another QB next year is asinine.  But it's fair to say the front office neglected OL and WR bigggg time whether in this past draft or through free agency.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

The defense has some players now. Some key players in secondary who have been lining up are smart and playing fast. Johnson and Lewis for example.

let it rip.

Star was always double teamed it seemed on so was kyle.
there must have been a way to get to Rodgers.

as i always have said. QBs like these Rodgers etc who are masters of the game? Lineman need to know passing lanes and get hands up. fundamental football. lb's as well.

I could see players continuing rushing when 5 yards form the QB and ball about to be released.

drives me nut

what drove me nuts was seeing hughes being undressed on every play and frazier's reluctance to a.  blitz more    b.  change up the inside dt's ( before the game was lost) and why we didn't bump the wrs at the line instead of backpedaling. that was pathetic...from start to finish

12 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:
So I just read this barrel of laughs by our intrepid Pats fan who doubles as the ESPN Bills beat guy—my question is, what personnel moves could he possibly be referring to?? Our roster is what it is and I don’t know how you do anything major in the short term (unless by eventual he means next year) as it’s not like we are about to enter into a free agency signing fiesta this week.

rodak_mike.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

The Bills seemed to move closer to eventual personnel changes around rookie QB Josh Allen after being shut out by the Packers, 22-0, for the first time since 2008. Allen was sacked seven times and received little help from LeSean McCoy (five carries, 24 yards) or Kelvin Benjamin (one catch, 34 yards on six targets). Allen finished 16 of 33 for 151 yards and two interceptions, including an ill-advised heave late in the first half. Buffalo gained only 145 yards, their fewest since 2006 and only the fourth time they have gained 145 or fewer yards since 1980.

...Gisele's house boy drooling all over his penny loafers.........flashin' the "grin"........

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yep.   New guy is obsessed with 26 corner and beat him to punch on starting threads out of spite  

He Just didnt do any homework to provide links etc in essence costing the whole board the content we’ve seen for years and years ??????

If this is true, that's absolutely ridiculous. This thread sucks, zero links to anything interesting and just a bunch of people rightfully bitching. Hey ShadyBillsFan, where are all the links??

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But look what he did from '72 on with the Electric Company.

true--but my point was he was still doing very well with a mediocre line and everyone looking at him on D.They shoulda run him more back then...

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

what drove me nuts was seeing hughes being undressed on every play and frazier's reluctance to a.  blitz more    b.  change up the inside dt's ( before the game was lost) and why we didn't bump the wrs at the line instead of backpedaling. that was pathetic...from start to finish

I have rarely seen so many holds against 55. well maybe i have.

Frazier should have moved him around instead of just inserting 54.
i would never call it pathetic. rough day ? for sure

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Had a great time at Lambeau, very nice stadium, fans were welcoming.

As for the game, it was an embarrassment. Allen was brutal, which is where the focus is. But I also think Edmunds struggled mightily too....again.

I was at the Ravens game. I feel your pain. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

I have rarely seen so many holds against 55. well maybe i have.

Frazier should have moved him around instead of just inserting 54.
i would never call it pathetic. rough day ? for sure

i call it pathetic. other teams learn how to  run stunts ie. the chargers. but the hat on hat crap ain't working right now.

I stayed off here all day until now. Can’t believe the ignorance blaming Allen for anything. He had zero protection, WRs get zero separation, find me one QB who looks good without those two fundemental things?  Let alone a rookie who wasn’t treated as the starter and not given starter reps throughout the entire offseason or training camp.  

Rookie QB who routinely has defenders in the backfield directly after taking the snap feels phantom pressure at times, SHOCKING!!!

People need to get a grip and realize Allen hasn’t been given any tools to be successful, and wasting an entire training camp giving Nathan freaking Peterman a good percentage of quality reps didn’t do anything to help his cause.

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not really.

Allen panicked at several points when he had time. He looked lost today. 

I'd panic too if I had nobody ever getting open and anytime the other team did anything but rush 4 people have immediate pressure.