Before I get flamed, this is my first post and a WR question

Seoulful Soul

52 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You might not believe that, but he does. 

Is it possible for me to follow your posts and yours only on this site? I can tell from the tenor of your posts that I should ignore all others until you have spoken.

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They did, but they were not a primary factor in the victory. 

LOL now I think you’re being ornery for the sake of orneriness.

I said one reason we won in Minn was that the WR stepped up last week.  

You said “they weren’t much of a factor”

Now you’re switching to “not a primary factor”

Dude, catches by the WR and TE corps contributed to every scoring drive we had.  Take their 11 receptions for 120+ yds away and the game surely looks different.

I have no idea what “not a primary factor” means to you when it involves taking away a significant part of the offense, and I guess I really don’t care; 

No interest here in trying to have a discussion with someone who uses that straw man, frame-shifting tactic.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, first off - I think one reason the Bills won in Minn a week ago was that the WR stepped up.  Overall the team’s drop percentage is still high because of their awful performance in Baltimore, but they weren’t that bad last week - 11 of 17 for the WR/TE.

Second, I’m not sure what we need on the team is a narcissistic sociopathic ego driven head case, even if he is a better WR than any we’ve got.

Idk...

I saw at least 2 TDs dropped on perfect throws, and a 50+ yarder as well.

Perhaps they were better than week 1, but I'm not sure I could classify that as "stepping up".

They stink, and I do get your point, but we absolutely wouldn't pass on a WR because we feel like "we're set at WR". 

I don't think Dez is a realistic option for "the process" though, nor do we have money to spend on him.

21 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

What are you talking about our wrs had 4 drops in the 1st half of that Viking game alone.

Dude, how many targets don’t result in catches in any game?  Any notion?

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Idk...

I saw at least 2 TDs dropped on perfect throws, and a 50+ yarder as well.

Perhaps they were better than week 1, but I'm not sure I could classify that as "stepping up".

They stink, and I do get your point, but we absolutely wouldn't pass on a WR because we feel like "we're set at WR". 

I don't think Dez is a realistic option for "the process" though, nor do we have money to spend on him.

?? Benjamin dropped one, and Foster let one slip between those alligator maws he calls hands, but I don’t recall other TDs being dropped.

Maybe I’m wrong.  But there are always going to be drops and missed plays.

If you look at the number of pass plays and receptions made vs Vikes, vs Chargers, vs Ravens, you’ll see what I mean that our WR/TE stepped up.

Hopefully they continue to take some steps

And h. no, we aren’t set at WR.  We aren’t even slightly thickened at WR.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?? Benjamin dropped one, and Foster let one slip between those alligator maws he calls hands, but I don’t recall other TDs being dropped.

If you look at the number of pass plays and receptions made vs Vikes, vs Chargers, vs Ravens, you’ll see what I mean that our WR/TE stepped up.

4869CA13-35E0-493C-9C41-E6527B802475.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The other TD was Clay coming across the endzone.

I'm not disagreeing they played better, just the premise that we wouldn't be interested in Dez because they "stepped up". That's all. I don't think that's even a slight consideration in deciding to sign or not to sign a WR.

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

The other TD was Clay coming across the endzone.

I'm not disagreeing they played better, just the premise that we wouldn't be interested in Dez because they "stepped up". That's all. I don't think that's even a slight consideration in deciding to sign or not to sign a WR.

That wasn’t my premise at all.  I just question the OP’s assertions - I don’t think the WR performance is quite as dire as he believes.

Doesn’t mean it’s good

I think they’re not interested in Dez because they’re not interested in his combination of current skills, salary demands, and personality.

• Like (+1) 1

Benjamin is incredibly mediocre always has been, and expectations were ridiculous given he was always the same player for 4 years lol. We turn a blind eye "what??? He's not 1003 yard rookie KB on forced targets???

We need him. JA in desperation mode for a 4th conversion, TD needed with game at 0:00. You throw it to KB in desperation after avoiding a sack and on your backfeet to have a remote chance of getting a play from him. Holmes ain't ever doing that. MAYBE Clay moves the chains that way.

Just saying he's our worst possible Michael Jordan option. Wouldn't can him unless we get another guy that can hog a ball in crunch time for a 10% chance.. cause everyone else is a zero chance. Clay is 1%.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That wasn’t my premise at all.  I just question the OP’s assertions - I don’t think the WR performance is quite as dire as he believes.

Doesn’t mean it’s good

I think they’re not interested in Dez because they’re not interested in his combination of current skills, salary demands, and personality.

Fair.

And yeah, Dez ain't on the radar imo.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think the WR performance is quite as dire as he believes.

It's dire when you can't trust anybody to bail you out. Every good QB has that guy. Dez? Don't care for signing him but he'd immediately be a bailout like KB. Both sucks but it's nice to have 2 crappy recievers that have a chance rather than 1

I never object to kicking the tires on a player, but I would be surprised if anything were to be worked out with Dez Bryant.  I don't think he would be good for the locker room.  His salary demands will likely exceed what the Bills will think he's worth, and difficult to manage given Buffalo's current cap constraints, and I doubt his potential production will match his cost. 

3 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

I personally think the guy is an narcissistic, sociopathic, ego driven head case, but since no one has kicked the tires on him, would it be advisable to bring in Dez for a workout with Allen to see if they can co-exist?

My initial feeling is "no" because his skills seemed to be slipping last year and he's too much baggage, but the WR position is desperate with Jones looks losting, Benjamin looks like stone hands, and the rest looking. . .well, just looking.  Right now, WR seems to be the really weak link in the offense, since they can't seem to run quick slants without dropping balls or mistiming routes.

Good first post and I don’t mind looking at Dez or Rishard either.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL now I think you’re being ornery for the sake of orneriness.

I said one reason we won in Minn was that the WR stepped up last week.  

You said “they weren’t much of a factor”

Now you’re switching to “not a primary factor”

Dude, catches by the WR and TE corps contributed to every scoring drive we had.  Take their 11 receptions for 120+ yds away and the game surely looks different.

I have no idea what “not a primary factor” means to you when it involves taking away a significant part of the offense, and I guess I really don’t care; 

No interest here in trying to have a discussion with someone who uses that straw man, frame-shifting tactic.

I'n certainly not. Not one key play to determine the outcome of the game was made by a WR last Sunday: Watch Buffalo Bills vs. Minnesota Vikings [09/23/2018] - NFL.com

I'm talking strictly WRs while you keep mentioning TEs to buttress your argument.  The WR group produced 8 catches for 81 yards as a whole. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz