Andrew Luck is done

stuvian

22 hours ago, K-9 said:

His billing was as the top QB prospect since Elway. See how that’s not the same as the top prospect of all time?

Those QBs on your list; can you provide breakdowns of their first three years and what they were able to accomplish in that timeframe? 

He was hurt halfway into his fourth season and missed a year and a half in rehab and is still not 100%. Is that not a consideration? 

I don’t know if you’re crazy or not, but you seem to lack an understanding into why scouts made those evaluations of him as a prospect coming out. EVERY criteria listed as a predictor of his potential for success, from decision making, to accuracy, to arm strength and everything in between has been shown to be warranted. That’s why he’s lived up to the hype. 

Now, if you need to conflate the careers of HOFers, SB winners, future HOFers, playing in different systems, under different coaches, and with far superior supporting casts, feel free to continue to do so. Perhaps another hockey player or bull riding rodeo star instead? By all means. Wiser people would wait until all the data on Luck’s career is in. 

Aren't you arguing with the guy who posited that we won too many games vs the NFC?

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Aren't you arguing with the guy who posited that we won too many games vs the NFC?

He is being totally tongue in cheek about winning too many NFC games so that’s kind of amusing.

But I think he’s being totally serious about Luck.

Your point is a good one though as it’s a complete waste of time to debate the issue any further. I agree to disagree and will simply leave it at that. 

21 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Luck is in his 7th year.  Let's make sure we judge him on his first three years against the Texans, Titans and Jags who were all atrocious.  Let's claim nobody had a better first three years even though Brady won a Super Bowl as a rookie and Warner was ok his first year too.  Make sure not to look at 2016 when Luck blew two easy 4th down plays which cost the Colts a playoff spot.  

He is simply the best QB since Elway.  Nobody has been better.  I am convinced he has lived up to everything expected of him and more.

Brady didn't win a Super Bowl as a rookie. Sorry to break it to you.

In fact, no rookie QB has ever won, or even started in, the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Brady didn't win a Super Bowl as a rookie. Sorry to break it to you.

In fact, no rookie QB has ever won, or even started in, the Super Bowl.

I'm pretty sure it was within his first 3 years or whatever artificial standard we've shifted today to fit the Kim Jung QB narrative.

5 hours ago, 3rd Inning said:

Yes he was. At the time he won the SB he had not yet started 16 regular season games.

That's not what a rookie is. A rookie is someone who is in their first NFL season, regardless of playing time.

Would you say a 10 year career backup who has never started a game is still a rookie?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Right.  Because there was never a year when Luck got hurt and Hasselbeck came in and produced a better winning percentage.  I mean other than 2016. So once every two thousand and sixteen years it could happen.

They also went 0-16 last year.  At least I think so.

13 hours ago, 3rd Inning said:

Yes he was. At the time he won the SB he had not yet started 16 regular season games.

Warner, Marino and Brady weren't officially rookies for their SB debuts, but they weren't highly qualified either