First time visiting San Francisco

LeGOATski

20 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I like seafood and Asian food (not sushi).

I like history and nature.

Please post recommendations for places to visit.

Dim Sum in Chinatown. 

Japan town

Coit Tower

Fisherman's Wharf

Pier 39

Cable cars!!

Sutro Tower (The view is amazing!)

Haight-Ashbury

Golden Gate Park

The Presidio

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Thank you for the correct spelling, I'm embarrassed.  

TI...good times.

You spelled it phonetically.

No harm in that. 

As for Treasure Island, simply the best view of the city.

Things "went on" in the sauna that adjoined the bachelor officer's quarters there. 

At least once.

Though I can neither confirm nor deny.

What a great place.

Marin----I'd avoid.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dim Sum in Chinatown. 

Japan town

Coit Tower

Fisherman's Wharf

Pier 39

Cable cars!!

Sutro Tower (The view is amazing!)

Haight-Ashbury

Golden Gate Park

The Presidio

This.

8 hours ago, JoeF said:

My wife is a native.  We visit 2 or 3 times a year.  Our business also has a client based there.  It's my favorite city....like a mini-walkable NYC with the ethnic neighborhoods packed in.

Bills Backers bar in SF is the Northstar Cafe (no food) -- but a great crew of folks if you are there for the game. 

1560 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94133

Just around the corner from Northstar is Cafe Trieste -- 601 Vallejo St, San Francisco, CA 94133  Best Latte I have had in a long long time-- with real homemade biscotti

We discovered this place about 5 years ago.  Great food.  Its upstairs and hard to find. The Fried Quail is awesome..

960 Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA 94108

Last summer we went to City Lights Bookstore (awesome) and then went down the block and had dinner at Caffe' Macaroni --59 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94111-Sat next to and talked with Orlando Cepeda

And a trip is not complete without an Irish Coffee at the BV - the Buena Vista Cafe on the edge of Fisherman's Wharf..2765 Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109

Dammit forgot about Irish coffee at the Buena Vista.  Our favorite when the rain, fog and wind was especially hard.  Good call. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Dammit forgot about Irish coffee at the Buena Vista.  Our favorite when the rain, fog and wind was especially hard.  Good call. 

Tullamore Dew, real whip cream, two sugar cubes, steeping for bit...man...I can taste it right now....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Northstar",  in North Beach I think?  It's a Bills Backer Bar.  I think they have a tribute to John "¡OLE!" Fina there.  I jest... But I think somebody there knows Him?

I was there for the preseason game against the Bengals.  Sent Monty (chapter President) the Bills flag we got with our season tickets.   Its hanging in the bar... Its really a fun crew.  The Northstar doesn't serve food but you can bring in what you want.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2018 at 8:20 PM, Chef Jim said:

Yes thanks for the reservation reminder for IR.  We’ve been members for years and the reservation thing is relatively new.  

We have private tastings at Switchback Ridge and Barnett lined up for Saturday.   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

We have private tastings at Switchback Ridge and Barnett lined up for Saturday.   :thumbsup:

Never heard of them.  But private tastings are the best.  We visit a winery in Sonoma Arrowhead Mountain. They only do private tastings.  The stating room is their dining room table.  We rolled out of there after 5 hours once.  Best time ever!!!

On 9/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Scoma's on Fisherman's Wharf is good.

Agreed!

Plus do the Napa Valley train ride. The best

23 hours ago, JoeF said:

Tullamore Dew, real whip cream, two sugar cubes, steeping for bit...man...I can taste it right now....

Yeah! Trolley line starts there too

• Like (+1) 1

Pissed off. Probably annoyed at being bullied by JoeBelligerent8PACKAND5TOOMANY SCOOPSOFCREATINE who's currently sending the FO fanmail of his 6 pack to show his deep appreciation.

Don't like the posts. Posters come and go. Appreciate the new posters you like and don't pine for the past (not me of course, I'm a godawful poster)

Didn't know where to post this and don't have time to find it before I skidaddle: my appeal to uproot the keeper league dynasty:

"Proposition Joe has a proposition for you:

Gurley and Zeke have a lot a wear and tear for RBs the days, could break any minute. And they're auction value is going up every year. That auction budget keeper hit is going to cripple you, much like a team approaching cap hell. You need to think about the future of your dysnasty and trade for emerging talent in Dalvin Cook and Kenyan Drake. Cheap young auction talent with no woman beating baggage and even less career carries that destroy the bell cow carriers before it's too late. We Bills fans call this the PROCESS: getting worse to get better. Look at where we are now! All part of the plan.

Sleep on it -Fakename3ConsecutiveChampionships-. And don't forget every dynasty needs a process to tear down the team and start fresh. Just look at the Bills on paper if you don't believe me."

If he doesn't believe in the process, he's in for a lot of trouble in 5 years.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

11 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Pissed off. Probably annoyed at being bullied by JoeBelligerent8PACKAND5TOOMANY SCOOPSOFCREATINE who's currently sending the FO fanmail of his 6 pack to show his deep appreciation.

Don't like the posts. Posters come and go. Appreciate the new posters you like and don't pine for the past (not me of course, I'm a godawful poster)

Didn't know where to post this and don't have time to find it before I skidaddle: my appeal to uproot the keeper league dynasty:

"Proposition Joe has a proposition for you:

Gurley and Zeke have a lot a wear and tear for RBs the days, could break any minute. And they're auction value is going up every year. That auction budget keeper hit is going to cripple you, much like a team approaching cap hell. You need to think about the future of your dysnasty and trade for emerging talent in Dalvin Cook and Kenyan Drake. Cheap young auction talent with no woman beating baggage and even less career carries that destroy the bell cow carriers before it's too late. We Bills fans call this the PROCESS: getting worse to get better. Look at where we are now! All part of the plan.

Sleep on it -Fakename3ConsecutiveChampionships-. And don't forget every dynasty needs a process to tear down the team and start fresh. Just look at the Bills on paper if you don't believe me."

If he doesn't believe in the process, he's in for a lot of trouble in 5 years.

I gotta visit San Fran again... The new stuff the are smoking there looks really gr8!

//to the commissioner that enacted a keeper league rule the year he got Gurley cheap after his sophomore year and Zeke cheap after his court issues. Made the (horrible fantasy concept) to pay for keepers, and enacted the rule that makes them appreciate in value by 3 dollars so he has like $160/$200 dollars of budget not to screw up his #1 and #3 overall steal value running backs. For next year.. 

Dirty commissioner. Foul play!

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I gotta visit San Fran again... The new stuff the are smoking there looks really gr8!

Lack of sleep lol. Ah c'mon, funny fantasy joke that probably will only work after he dominates for the next 5 years. Go JA and all that. To the non Bills fans (not TBD I know they are ALL fans and can express their opinions freely) the process is hilarious.. tbh I DO see it coming to fruition for the Bills.

Tho really.. I tried to find a ff football chat. I'll delete and move if and when I see it.

Glad to get an early response alone at work.. for the past hour and next hour lol

He's also a cowboys and Lakers fan. Loser.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks