Week 3: Vikings Game Preparation - Shaq Lawson Declared Out; Cook & Griffen Out for MIN; Shady Out

26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

This game has TRAP written all over it

Maybe if it was an away game for the Vikings but they are home. If the bills D plays like the 2nd half last week they may make it more competitive, but I would be shocked if they won this game

Top 7 Storylines for the Bills-Vikings this Week

DndpOIOUYAAelpX.jpg

The Bills quest for their first victory has them back on the road for the first of two in a row at NFC North outposts. They’re in Minnesota this week, Buffalo’s first game in the Twin Cities in eight years. 

Here are some of the top storylines this week, as the Bills get set to take on the Vikings:

1. WHO’S IN?

2. CAN THE BILLS OFFENSE HANDLE THE VIKES QUALITY DEFENSE?

3. VIKINGS GOOD DEFENSE STARTS WITH THE COORDINATOR

4. SPEAKING OF CALLING THE DEFENSE….

5. BILLS O-LINE GETS A SECOND LOOK

6. KICKED TO THE CURB

7. BILLS FIRST VISIT TO THE BANK

Bills Today: Bills' young leaders working on discipline, comfort

1. Bills’ young leaders working on discipline, comfort

2. Lorenzo Alexander was ‘in the zone’ vs. Chargers

3. Josh Allen’s passing yardage total among the best in franchise history in first career start

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 Vikings-Bills Storylines to Watch

Mike Wobschall - vikings.com

1. Veteran Dan Bailey looks to stabilize Vikings kicking position

2. Vikings RBs poised to get on track

3. LeSean McCoy’s status described as “day-to-day”

4. Bills adjust defensive play calling process

5. Dennis Green Ring of Honor

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Maybe if it was an away game for the Vikings but they are home. If the bills D plays like the 2nd half last week they may make it more competitive, but I would be shocked if they won this game

won?

cripes, i mean the Bills covering the 17 points

Presser Points: Zimmer Praises Vikings Front Office for Recent Moves

EAGAN, Minn. — The coffee has been flowing at Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center.

The Vikings front office has made a flurry of moves over the past few days, bringing in a handful of players they hope will continue to improve Minnesota’s strong roster.

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman and the front-office personnel added wide receiver Aldrick Robinson on Monday and signed kicker Dan Bailey on Tuesday before bringing back defensive tackle Tom Johnson on Wednesday morning.

Mike Zimmer has taken notice, and is appreciative of the hard work by all involved.

The Vikings head coach said Wednesday that he is grateful that the front office consistently looks for talent that will give his team the best chance to win.

Here are four other takeaways from Zimmer’s podium session Wednesday:

1. A rookie QB on deck

2. Respect for the other side

3. Stout up front

4. Praise for Green

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What they're saying: Bills address the defensive play-caller and the challenges of playing in Minnesota

DnfLRdlWsAAxGPP.jpg

1 - Lorenzo Alexander talks about defensive play-calling

2 - Tre’Davious White says defensive play-caller ‘doesn’t matter’

3 - Micah Hyde thinks Bills’ second-half energy was ‘evident’

4 - Josh Allen thinks playing tough defenses will aid in his development

5 - Shaken-up Shady wants to play vs. Vikings

6 - Harrison Phillips describes ‘breathtaking’ experience at home opener

On 9/16/2018 at 7:42 PM, MAJBobby said:

Diggs is gonna DESTROY this Zone 

Cousins and Diggs all day......hope the D can bring it.  Only bright side.....I have Diggs on my fantasy team.....

Is another team allowed to use the word process? :lol:

EAGAN, Minn. – Even after a 400-plus yard performance, Kirk Cousins spends plenty of time self-critiquing.

Cousins had quite the outing at Green Bay in his first Border Battle experience. He helped lead the Vikings back from a two-score deficit in the fourth quarter to a game that went into overtime and ended in a 29-29 tie.

But the quarterback told Twin Cities media members Wednesday that he looks at the process over the result. He referenced the interception that was called back because of a roughing-the-passer penalty called on Clay Matthews.

“I can’t control the flag or what happens. The outcome obviously protected me, but the process – the throw, the ball should have been farther in toward the hash,” Cousins said. “It was a poor throw, so results like that, I look back, and you have to be hard on yourself and say, ‘How can I get better?’

“I even look at the touchdown pass to Adam Thielen and, while the result was really good, I look and say, ‘You know, that’s probably too close for comfort with how tight that safety was there.’ If you live by that, you’re going to die by that. There are so many plays like those where you liked the outcome, but you have to go back and look at the process and say, ‘How can I tighten that up so the results in the future are what I want?’ ”

Biggest Injury Questions for all 32 Teams in Week 3

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

LeSean McCoy (cracked rib cartilage) and wide reciver Kelvin Benjamin (hip) were both limited in practice Wednesday. McCoy wore a noncontact jersey and said he would decide by Friday or Saturday whether he is able to run full speed without pain in Sunday's game at Minnesota. If he cannot play, Marcus Murphy and Chris Ivory likely would split carries. Coach Sean McDermott said Benjamin had a "little bit of a hip" that did not seem to obviously hamper him when reporters were at practice Wednesday. -- Mike Rodak

min.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Pat Elflein was listed as a full participant on the injury report. If the second-year center continues to practice in full on Thursday and Friday, there's a possibility he will return in Week 3 against Buffalo. Running back Dalvin Cook suffered a hamstring injury in Week 2 that he equated to a "cramp," but it appears to be more than that, as it kept him out of practice three days later. Cook said he's taking things "day by day" and will see how he feels at the end of the week. Everson Griffen (knee), Rashod Hill (ankle), Marcus Sherels (chest) and David Morgan (knee) were held out of Wednesday's practice. -- Courtney Cronin

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Biggest Injury Questions for all 32 Teams in Week 3

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

LeSean McCoy (cracked rib cartilage) and wide reciver Kelvin Benjamin (hip) were both limited in practice Wednesday. McCoy wore a noncontact jersey and said he would decide by Friday or Saturday whether he is able to run full speed without pain in Sunday's game at Minnesota. If he cannot play, Marcus Murphy and Chris Ivory likely would split carries. Coach Sean McDermott said Benjamin had a "little bit of a hip" that did not seem to obviously hamper him when reporters were at practice Wednesday. -- Mike Rodak

min.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Pat Elflein was listed as a full participant on the injury report. If the second-year center continues to practice in full on Thursday and Friday, there's a possibility he will return in Week 3 against Buffalo. Running back Dalvin Cook suffered a hamstring injury in Week 2 that he equated to a "cramp," but it appears to be more than that, as it kept him out of practice three days later. Cook said he's taking things "day by day" and will see how he feels at the end of the week. Everson Griffen (knee), Rashod Hill (ankle), Marcus Sherels (chest) and David Morgan (knee) were held out of Wednesday's practice. -- Courtney Cronin

oh well, just hand it off to Shady for a buck gain and then again for a loss to see how he really is

why stop the same opening drive pattern for the last 2 decades?

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Putting in the work off the field to protect Allen? Does that mean they form a moving pocket around him everywhere he goes? I can just see that coming at me in Aisle 2 at Tops. 

• Haha (+1) 2