Hall of fame voting

Chicharito

Tom Flores

Don Coryell

Ed Reed

Tony Gonzalez

Tony Boselli

Those are the only ones I think are HOF worthy.  Lots of great players but not HOF.  Rhonde Barber, Russell Maryland, Champ Bailey, Richmond Webb are close but noty quite HOF level.

Interesting uniform choices for those pics.  Lots of players that spent the bulk of their careers with their original teams but photos of them later in career.  Except of course Larry Centers.   Albert Lewis in Raiders, Russell Maryland in Raiders, Richmond Webb in Bengals, Dick Vermiel with the Chiefs not the Eagles or Rams

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are some names on that list that shouldn’t even be on the same page as the words “Hall of fame” Nick Collins, Dave Kreig, Jeff Garcia? My god. What are we doing here?

Yea the idea of Jeff Garcia in the HoF is pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the idea of Jeff Garcia in the HoF is pretty funny.

he's eligible and won't go anywhere

Gruden seems to think he can clone Jeff Garcia 2.0 and has mortgaged the next 10 years of the Raiders on this belief

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 4:28 AM, No Place To Hyde said:

Steve Atwater has the same % as Teddy Bruschi. What a joke.

If you're saying Atwater is by far the better player, you are correct. Tough to tell by your post.

Atwater played two fewer seasons and racked up more tackles than Bruschi. As a SAFETY. Also had 24 career picks. Dude was a beast. You want see an enforcer like that again in today's game.

As far as Boselli, he played 6 seasons as an offensive lineman. No way he deserves to be in. Unless your name is Gale Sayers, 6 years won't get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

If you're saying Atwater is by far the better player, you are correct. Tough to tell by your post.

Atwater played two fewer seasons and racked up more tackles than Bruschi. As a SAFETY. Also had 24 career picks. Dude was a beast. You want see an enforcer like that again in today's game.

As far as Boselli, he played 6 seasons as an offensive lineman. No way he deserves to be in. Unless your name is Gale Sayers, 6 years won't get it done.

Atwater and other safeties of his era coudln't play under the current rules.  They would be penalized, fined, and suspended for the kind of hits that were permissible back then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Atwater and other safeties of his era coudln't play under the current rules.  They would be penalized, fined, and suspended for the kind of hits that were permissible back then.

Agree. I don't think he'd be a guy who's skills would translate to today's game and rule changes, but that should not be a consideration wrt HOF voting.

I'm still not sure if the previous poster was saying Teddy Bruschi was better or vice versa. Steve Atwater was a monster and should definitely be under consideration.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Agree. I don't think he'd be a guy who's skills would translate to today's game and rule changes, but that should not be a consideration wrt HOF voting.

I'm still not sure if the previous poster was saying Teddy Bruschi was better or vice versa. Steve Atwater was a monster and should definitely be under consideration.

I agree.  Just pointing how how much the game has changed since his heyday.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree.  Just pointing how how much the game has changed since his heyday.

Right. I'm not a member of "the game is being ruined crowd" either. They had a serious long term crisis with CTE that needed to be addressed. They've done that and as a result, headhunter safeties are a thing of the past.

Be that as it may, Atwater played the game within the guidelines of the rules in place during his career. I would hate to see the NFL retroactively snub guys who played a style no longer tolerated.

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

Zach Thomas? WTF!!!

Would watch games with Fish fans, he’d let the opponent get a first down on 3rd and 3 and Miami fans would whoop it up for his tackle to help their fantasy team 

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

6 years is a lot to overcome for anyone. Longevity is part of the deal at any position.

I remember Boselli erasing Bruce. Granted it was at the tail end of Bruce's time in Buffalo, but that always stuck with me.  

I'd be Interested to hear from others on Boselli/Bruce. I'll hang up and listen