Cover 1: Erik Turner Asks "Is Josh Allen Ready to Handle Trials and Tribulations?" - Apparently Yes

26CornerBlitz

At this point it’d Be hard to get these guys to follow Peterman. That’s just how it is. Sure different guys got Cs on their jersey, but everybody knows the QB takes that roll whenever he steps on the field. Practice, preseason is one thing and gameday is really all that matters.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Logan Thomas anyone??

true,  and if we don't start Bodine in place of Groy, and, well, with this o-line, we may be tanking whether we intend to or not! 

I think Bodine is worse but they are both bad so it really doesn't matter. This whole line is bad and needs to be replaced besides Dawkins.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Bodine is worse but they are both bad so it really doesn't matter. This whole line is bad and needs to be replaced besides Dawkins.

totally agree.  The head-bob thing Groy was doing drove me nuts.  It's a clear tell to the D.  perhaps move Groy to guard.  I have no idea.  Put us in.  I can fall down from a bull-rush as good as the rest of them! (besides Dawkins, keep him, others backups).  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  The head-bob thing Groy was doing drove me nuts.  It's a clear tell to the D.  perhaps move Groy to guard.  I have no idea.  Put us in.  I can fall down from a bull-rush as good as the rest of them! (besides Dawkins, keep him, others backups).  

They will never admit it but I think we are tanking this year. I'd rather we did it last year.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah.  How's Winston doing again?

Allen will take some shots behind that line to be sure.  I would have preferred he sit some first, but looks like he's going to be baptized by fire.

Let him get baptized, hes a damn tank.  He's a greasy fast 200 pound Italian tank. Go through him, run over 'em" ..

4 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

The only reason not to play Allen is if you fear injury behind this OL.  If his confidence get shattered and he is "ruined", he's not a franchise guy anyways.

totally agree.  didn't used to, but I say play Allen.  Find out what you have.  Bridgewater is a target in FA if not since we have the money to go after him.  

Some people believe unless you have a Pro bowl line and hall of fame receiver you should not start a rookie QB. Maybe you should just wrap Allen up in bubble wrap and put him away untill the Bills get these items whenever the Hell that is. Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning started 16 games surrounded by garbage. Allen had no line and no receivers at all at Wyoming I think he is qualified to start in Buffalo. 

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

FWIW

6 up, 6 down: Highest and lowest Buffalo Bills Week 1 grades from Pro Football Focus

HIGHEST: Josh Allen
Overall grade: 73.3
Best category: Pass (70.3)
Snaps played: 32

Here's a bit of a surprise. Josh Allen is currently ranked 11th among all quarterbacks with a 73.3 grade. His stat-line (6-of-15, 74 yards, 4 carries, 26 yards) clearly didn't tell the entire story on Sunday.

Allen came into the game at a point where the Ravens defense could sit back and play the pass. His grade was significantly higher than Nathan Peterman's overall grade.

LOWEST: Nathan Peterman
Overall grade: 24.3 
Worst category: Pass (25.3)
Snaps played: 32

Nathan Peterman's start against the Ravens was nothing short of a disaster. He completed 5-of-18 passes for 24 yards, threw two interceptions and took five sacks. Among qualifying quarterbacks, Peterman's grade earned him last place (31st). The next lowest grade was given to Sam Bradford (43.7).
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think McD looks at this stuff...............he's going to watch the game tape and decide what's best for the team..........

So he hasn't made up his mind yet...............and what he thinks is best for the team is anybody's guess.

It's pretty obvious that McD had enough confidence in Peterman to unload AJ.

If they bench Peterman now it's an admission that he/they totally screwed up and I'm not sure they want to do that.

But that's why we play the game................

2 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

I don't think McD looks at this stuff...............he's going to watch the game tape and decide what's best for the team..........

So he hasn't made up his mind yet...............and what he thinks is best for the team is anybody's guess.

It's pretty obvious that McD had enough confidence in Peterman to unload AJ.

If they bench Peterman now it's an admission that he/they totally screwed up and I'm not sure they want to do that.

But that's why we play the game................

Any confidence they had coming into the regular season should be shattered by his putrid performance on the field. 

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The funny thing is that this coaching staff told you, very clearly, that he is not ready in their opinion.

That's why he didn't start in Baltimore.

Now they are probably going to start him anyway, if not this week, then soon.

Makes the coaches look bad IMO.

They actually did not say that.....so they wont look bad

They said that Peterman won the job in camp because he was the most consistant.

Then live fire bullets started being thrown and Nate looked bad

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Any confidence they had coming into the regular season should be shattered by his putrid performance on the field. 

That's true, but then they have to scramble to correct the situation, and what options do they have ? Start Allen ? 

Is that going to solve the problem ?

They need another QB, quick, but that's not all..........

This is gonna look really bad to the Pegula's when everything they've been told about "The Process" is turning to sh*t.

And it's not just Peterman. They were watching KB get a ball in the numbers in the back of the end zone and drop it.

This team is awful and McD had no idea how bad. That makes him look like.....................what ?

Unless "The Process" meant to not start Allen at all this season, and tank.......................then it all makes sense.

And McD can start Peterman this week.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They actually did not say that.....so they wont look bad

They said that Peterman won the job in camp because he was the most consistant.

Then live fire bullets started being thrown and Nate looked bad

Look, even if they start Allen this week, it's unlikely he's gonna play every snap this season.

And the only other QB on the roster right now is Peterman.

So we will see Peterman again this season...................and it could be this Sunday..............