Is it time for Kaepernick?

mynmisoli

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The fact he is black balled for executing his American rights PEACEFULLY while guys like Vick and Stallworth who killed dogs and a person were immediately let back in is beyond disgusting.  Not to mention people who beat women and children too have all been allowed to keep playing.  

Just no.  How many times does it have to be said?  He doesn't have the right to wage his protest while at work and in front of his company's customers without the risk of losing his job. 

He's toxic because he became a terrible employee. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The cool part is how as a society, we're reached a point where people can be outraged that someone is not offered a job because he "deserves" it after walking away for $14m. 

This is disinformation.  Kaepernick did not walk away from $14 million.  John Lynch has publicly stated that the 49ers were going to release him rather than pay him that money, so it's fair to assume that Kaepernick and his agent were so informed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Just no.  How many time does it have to be said?  He doesn't have the right to wage his protest while at work and in front of his company's customers without the risk of losing his job. 

He's toxic because he became a terrible employee. 

100% this. I know if I decided to protest at my job (which makes A LOT less than the millions Kap was making), I would just be fired... irregardless if it was my "freedom" or it was peaceful or for a just cause.

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All fair points, my only counter point is do we know he won't take a pay cut?  I have not heard that, doesn't mean it isnt true, just asking because I haven't heard or seen anything that said he wouldn't play on a 1 year prove it deal cheaply.  I also don't really follow his situation in terms of whether he is signed or not signed closely because he isnt going to be a Bill.

But, the guy deserves to work IMO, not saying he is gonna be a Pro Bowler, but the guy is better than many QB's on NFL rosters right now.  The fact he is black balled for executing his American rights PEACEFULLY while guys like Vick and Stallworth who killed dogs and a person were immediately let back in is beyond disgusting.  Not to mention people who beat women and children too have all been allowed to keep playing.  

The Ravens said they offered him a contract, and he refused. Your other points have been refuted time and again. There is no American right to “ peacefully protest” on the job , and the NFL doesn’t owe anyone a platform to express their views on anything. They are a business, just like Nike. Kaep apologists don’t want to accept that. The guy is mediocre at football , and is bad for business in many ways. The first part isn’t enough to keep him from an NFL job, combined with the latter it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

exactly why Kap is not a starter or a backup in the league especially with the media circus.

Maybe some teams.  That will be decided by the arbitrator in the grievance case.  If, as I suspect, the league or certain owners circulated emails urging teams not to sign Kaepernick because of the protests, then the league is in serious trouble.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

Wrong, i'll take Vick over Kaepernick as a better QB lol. 

here is ESPN's graphic of Kaepernick when (I repeat) lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert BEFORE HE EVER PROTESTED.: 
40969502_1076519882497868_4583319567618539520_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=b652fe3058654ef7298572256815e91a&oe=5C1BD3BF
Of course the above was before ESPN hopped on the SJW hype train. Here is a link showing how the Ram's defense called Kaep out to throw it knowing they were going to run and he is too stupid to change the play:

The guy was exposed after getting his 130 million dollar contract extension. Teams figured out he was a one read QB or a read-option QB

Maybe we should bring Gabbert in, he outplayed Kaep in the stats people bring up to suggest why Kaep was good:
Image result for kaepernick espn graphic stats

Ok dude, you CARE WAY TOO MUCH about this, and I am not there with you.  I really dont care that much, you seem to be really invested in this topic.  We are going to have to agree to disagree because you are not even responding to the things I actually say and creating new narratives. 

For final clarity, I did NOT say he is a great QB, I said he is better than many backups in this league and some starters, and the BILLS are even one of those teams.  You want to make an argument about him as a starting QB, yet I am not here even one time saying he absolutely should even be a starter.  Although I do think he is better than Blake Bortles for that Jaguars team.  

And again, you are taking one season on a train wreck 49ers team.  Guess what bud, Andrew Luck was definitely outplayed by Matt Hasselbeck who had a winning record while Luck led the same Colts team to a losing record when they basically split the season a few years ago.  Does NOT mean Luck is worse than Hasselbeck.  Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it.

I get it, you hate him, so you're going to make every negative case you can to validate him having a job.  And I did NOT compare Vick and Kap as payers, I talked about deserving to a chance to play.  Vick should have NEVER been allowed back in the NFL in comparison to what he did.  We have had people who viciously tortured and murdered animals, a player kill a person while they were drunk driving, people who beat women and children all get to keep their careers and face almost nothing like Kap has done for just standing up for people who aren't being fairly treated in America.  Its disgusting the hate Kap gets this hate while those people were mostly forgiven.

But I am done with this, not trying to get into a long thing about it, I dont care enough.  I said my piece, I dont really care if you agree, you are entitled to your opinion.  My stance its disgusting how he is treated, and thats my opinion I am free to hold.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

This is disinformation.  Kaepernick did not walk away from $14 million.  John Lynch has publicly stated that the 49ers were going to release him rather than pay him that money, so it's fair to assume that Kaepernick and his agent were so informed.

This is true... but he still quit before making the 49ers actually cut him. And, it is SUPER hard for me to feel sorry for someone who is filthy rich from a game I would love to play for my current average joe wage let alone:
"Over six seasons of the NFL, his earnings only totalled to less than $43.5 million, which is a little less than $7 million a year."

This does not include commercials or hiS FIRST Nike deal where Nike has admitted they paid him the past two years even though he wasnt playing.... and now he is in another big Nike deal probably worth anymore... Man his life is so unfair.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Ravens said they offered him a contract, and he refused. Your other points have been refuted time and again. There is no American right to “ peacefully protest” on the job , and the NFL doesn’t owe anyone a platform to express their views on anything. They are a business, just like Nike. Kaep apologists don’t want to accept that. The guy is mediocre at football , and is bad for business in many ways. The first part isn’t enough to keep him from an NFL job, combined with the latter it is. 

But its good for business to employ animal torturers and killers, human killers, woman beaters, and child abusers?  Ok, thank for the insight.  lol

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Honesty hour:  I want the Bills to sign Kaepernick for the sole purpose of watching the meltdowns on this site.

Right....this thread predictably (maybe that’s why it was started?) disintegrated into the same old. Allow me to try to refocus a bit:  assume Kap didn’t carry the anthem baggage. Would you prefer bringing him in as a backup/bridge starter, or would you prefer one or more of the other unsigned veteran QBs out there? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But its good for business to employ animal torturers and killers, human killers, woman beaters, and child abusers?  Ok, thank for the insight.  lol

People are generally forgiving, and the media kind of leaves those things alone. Do you recall a huge backlash against those things?They celebrate and promote Kaep, keeping it at the forefront. Aren’t those folks simply “ the less fortunate “ anyway, that you strongly stick up for? Anyway, they tend to keep in the background about the errors of their ways. They don’t disgrace the very country that gave them a second chance, or wear pig socks, shirts with depictions of dictators or donate to people who shoot Cops. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok dude, you CARE WAY TOO MUCH about this, and I am not there with you.  I really dont care that much, you seem to be really invested in this topic.  We are going to have to agree to disagree because you are not even responding to the things I actually say and creating new narratives. 

For final clarity, I did NOT say he is a great QB, I said he is better than many backups in this league and some starters, and the BILLS are even one of those teams.  You want to make an argument about him as a starting QB, yet I am not here even one time saying he absolutely should even be a starter.  Although I do think he is better than Blake Bortles for that Jaguars team.  

And again, you are taking one season on a train wreck 49ers team.  Guess what bud, Andrew Luck was definitely outplayed by Matt Hasselbeck who had a winning record while Luck led the same Colts team to a losing record when they basically split the season a few years ago.  Does NOT mean Luck is worse than Hasselbeck.  Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it.

I get it, you hate him, so you're going to make every negative case you can to validate him having a job.  And I did NOT compare Vick and Kap as payers, I talked about deserving to a chance to play.  Vick should have NEVER been allowed back in the NFL in comparison to what he did.  We have had people who viciously tortured and murdered animals, a player kill a person while they were drunk driving, people who beat women and children all get to keep their careers and face almost nothing like Kap has done for just standing up for people who aren't being fairly treated in America.  Its disgusting the hate Kap gets this hate while those people were mostly forgiven.

But I am done with this, not trying to get into a long thing about it, I dont care enough.  I said my piece, I dont really care if you agree, you are entitled to your opinion.  My stance its disgusting how he is treated, and thats my opinion I am free to hold.

I am responding to multiple people at one time LOL. I never said he should be a starter either. I said he would find a job as a backup if he took a paycut for average backup price (which is why I posted salaries of other backups as comparison). I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, not sure why you are crying. " Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it." HE CREATED THAT MEDIA NIGHTMARE Lol. And that same 49ers team with even less talent IMO was lead to 5-0 at end of season the following year by Jimmy G.

I honestly dont hate Kaepnick, I really dont even care about someone kneeling for an Anthem - it's their right to do so. I will always stand, but I dont care what other people do, thats the beauty of freedin, The thing I HATE is media and people like you that act like people's actions dont have consequences and "man that guy worth 40million dollars(actually even more) is being treated so unfairly, he needs more millions and deserves because... pro football is a right??" I still firmly believe if he said "hey, ill take 1 million 1 year to prove myself somewhere" he would be taken up on it. But as of now NO ONE KNOWS what teams have talked, colluded, or what his agent's demands have been. Its all speculation.

"u.  I really dont care that much, you seem to be really invested in this topic.  We are going to have to agree to disagree because you are not even responding to the things I actually say and creating new narratives. "

what have I not responded to? I even look back and I have literally responded to everything of yours. So please share again and I will respond - I promise im not avoiding anything

Edited by PolishPrince

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Right....this thread predictably (maybe that’s why it was started?) disintegrated into the same old. Allow me to try to refocus a bit:  assume Kap didn’t carry the anthem baggage. Would you prefer bringing him in as a backup/bridge starter, or would you prefer one or more of the other unsigned veteran QBs out there? 

The answer is obviously yes.

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You know, I didn't even think of Kaep, but there's a guy sitting around who could be playing on this team tomorrow! 

Sign him up.

Kaep would not be any worse, and in fact, would be a good bit better than Peterman.

He's about 10 times the natural athlete Peterman is alone.

Didn't you say the same thing about Peterman when Tyrod was the QB? How many QBs will it take before people realize the team around the QB is not good. None of these guys are franchise QBs who can carry a bad team on their back. The hope is that Allen could potentially develop into one but he is not going to get any help from this offense. If McDermott makes the switch to Allen he needs to be all in and stick with decision for the rest of the year barring injury. Kap or some other retread is not going to save this team.

If Bills fans embraced Kaepernick, it would go a long way toward silencing the false narrative that Buffalo is a bastion of intolerance. We all want that, right!

One aspect of the "process" that seems ignored is how this sh*tshow will affect the team's ability to acquire those coveted free agents we all envision jumping on board in 2019. We're already at a disadvantage based on weather and rep. I love the time I spend in Buffalo, but this is just a fact. If you bring in a guy like Kaep, you're making Buffalo a more attractive FA destination both because we'd be more competitive, but also because we'd gain some cache.

From a purely football perspective, it's probably a good idea. There's zero chance it happens with this regime, but that's another story.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe some teams.  That will be decided by the arbitrator in the grievance case.  If, as I suspect, the league or certain owners circulated emails urging teams not to sign Kaepernick because of the protests, then the league is in serious trouble.

"if, as I suspect." again ... its all assumption with as of now 0 proof, its literally your guess. If I am an NFL owner, and I think Kap is the difference of getting into playoffs or a super bowl... I dont give a crap what another owner says or wishes. Im going to sign him if I think it's worth it... and if these owners try screwing me for doing so - then you take their threats/blackmail whatever to the police/media.....

5 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

"if, as I suspect." again ... its all assumption with as of now 0 proof, its literally your guess. If I am an NFL owner, and I think Kap is the difference of getting into playoffs or a super bowl... I dont give a crap what another owner says or wishes. Im going to sign him if I think it's worth it... and if these owners try screwing me for doing so - then you take their threats/blackmail whatever to the police/media.....

I admit I don’t know what the evidence is.  There is a gag order surrounding the arbitration, but there were rumors that such communications were made by, among others, Jerruh Jones.  We’ll have to wait and see. There was at least enough evidence for the arbitrator to allow the case to go forward.

Edited by mannc

Just now, mannc said:

I admit I don’t know what the evidence is.  There is a gag order surrounding the arbitration, but there were rumors that such communications were made by, among others, Jerruh Jones.  We’ll have to wait and see.

100% lets wait and see before claiming 32 teams played the telephone game saying "hey lets not sign this guy" while simultaneously signing and employing many other players who protest and have been outspoken: Chris Long, Malcolm Jenkins, Michael Bennett, Lesean McCoy, etc. 

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

I am responding to multiple people at one time LOL. I never said he should be a starter either. I said he would find a job as a backup if he took a paycut for average backup price (which is why I posted salaries of other backups as comparison). I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, not sure why you are crying. " Kap was in the middle of media nightmare, on a roster completed destroyed like no team I have ever seen over 2 offseason.  That 49er team had little talent on that roster left still playing due to early retirements, suspensions, trades, etc.  To say that the SMALL sample size you are cherry picking is a FAIR assessment of his overall career is just total BS and you know it." HE CREATED THAT MEDIA NIGHTMARE Lol. And that same 49ers team with even less talent IMO was lead to 5-0 at end of season the following year by Jimmy G.

I honestly dont hate Kaepnick, I really dont even care about someone kneeling for an Anthem - it's their right to do so. I will always stand, but I dont care what other people do, thats the beauty of freedin, The thing I HATE is media and people like you that act like people's actions dont have consequences and "man that guy worth 40million dollars(actually even more) is being treated so unfairly, he needs more millions and deserves because... pro football is a right??" I still firmly believe if he said "hey, ill take 1 million 1 year to prove myself somewhere" he would be taken up on it. But as of now NO ONE KNOWS what teams have talked, colluded, or what his agent's demands have been. Its all speculation.

Dont lump me in with fanatical society, sorry thats just not whats going on here.

You actually just prove more of your biased opinion in your statements.  You let MONEY impact on whats fair or not.  It doesn't matter how much MONEY Kap does or does not have.  People like you keep going down this bulls*t narrative that because he has money he cant possibly be treated unfairly.  His PERSONAL WEALTH has literally NOTHING to do with determining what is right or wrong.  The fact you bring up money like so many others tells me you are incapable of being rational about the actual situation.  This is where I firmly leave this conversation, the moment anyone starts talking about how he doesn't deserve to complain or deserve to be treated better because he already has money is just utterly ridiculous and has absolutely ZERO...and I mean ZERO relevance to his situation.  

All good man, we will agree to disagree.  This is my last reply, its not worth discussing anymore.  Doesn't make you or me right or wrong, its just going down directions that are useless, irrelevant, and are real pet peeves of mine.  Just cant stand when people try and act like people can't complain when treated unfairly because they have money when most people cant fathom the amount of work, sacrifice, and dedication it took to be in position to make that money in the first place...regardless if earned in sports, business, etc.