How long are Beane's and McDermott's contracts for

Foreigner

Eh. I still like them.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is where I'm at, don't want to go through this but losing 3All Pro lineman and a solid QB and not getting ANY weapons on offense is going to make for a long season.

We had 3 all-pro linemen?! Where was I, under a rock?

Edited by MJS

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yes , Glenn , Ritchie  Wood.

Oh, you mean those guys who were never All-Pros?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yes , Glenn , Ritchie  Wood.

Maybe you mean Pro Bowl? Glenn never made the Pro Bowl. Eric Wood made 1 Pro Bowl back in 2015. Richie made 4 Pro Bowls, but was never an All-Pro.

Edited by MJS

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I recall them be alternates to the the pro bowl. Really doesn't matter , point is they were good and now the line is terrible, which is why Peterman and Allen got harassed all day and shady couldn't run.

Pro Bowl is different from All-Pro. And Glenn never made a Pro Bowl even.

But yes, our offensive line is not good, but you realise that Eric Wood retired for health reasons, right? He'd still be on the team otherwise.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Pro Bowl is different from All-Pro. And Glenn never made a Pro Bowl even.

But yes, our offensive line is not good, but you realise that Eric Wood retired for health reasons, right? He'd still be on the team otherwise.

Obviously but Wood and Ritchie were not replaced, and neither were the other bums. Dawkins is the only quality starter.

11 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I'm not saying they are the 89 cowboys, how bout just taking a step back and seeing the big picture. The good news is you can take Sundays off of football for the rest of the year if you'd like if you can't stomach it. Personally I'm going to really enjoy watching the progression of some of the younger guys on this team who I think could make up a good core moving forward.

I'd like to be charitable and say it'll be fun.

But, it absolutely will NOT! 

Aside from seeing whether they chose the wrong 'Josh', as many believe, virtually all the rest are substandard trash, that are only on the field, because they are Bills players! 

The OL line, TE & WRs could possibly play in the Sunday Beer League! 

Possibly. 

This team is a tire fire, with very few redeeming qualities.

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 2

I have been after McBeane and McDermott ever since they got rid of talent like Watkins, Woods and Goodwin.

I have also been accused of being a troll, as I asked last winter why Nathan Peterman was still on the roster.

If Coach & GM don't know that being a good practice player and a decent pre season player does not translate

to the speed of a actual regular season game, then there is no hope. He was asked after the game today about the
QB situation and three times said he has to look at the tape. He couldn't see with his own eyes on the sideline?

Look, Beane and McDermott were never going to be elevated to be Coach and GM at Carolina, because

management there are football people. Who is running this operation here, Kim or Terry? I never cease to be

amazed that people who have made a lot of money in other fields, think that they can have a new toy by buying a

professional sports franchise.

We are all hoping for the best for this team and franchise, but when you are non competitive against a non

playoff team, and can't get 1 first down in the first half, that is pathetic. i don't ever remember a starting QB

coming out of the lineup early in the 3rd quarter to avoid injury. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Foreigner said:

I have been after McBeane and McDermott ever since they got rid of talent like Watkins, Woods and Goodwin.

I have also been accused of being a troll, as I asked last winter why Nathan Peterman was still on the roster.

If Coach & GM don't know that being a good practice player and a decent pre season player does not translate

to the speed of a actual regular season game, then there is no hope. He was asked after the game today about the
QB situation and three times said he has to look at the tape. He couldn't see with his own eyes on the sideline?

Look, Beane and McDermott were never going to be elevated to be Coach and GM at Carolina, because

management there are football people. Who is running this operation here, Kim or Terry? I never cease to be

amazed that people who have made a lot of money in other fields, think that they can have a new toy by buying a

We are all hoping for the best for this team and franchise, but when you are non competitive against a non

playoff team, and can't get 1 first down in the first half, that is pathetic. i don't ever remember a starting QB

Why do people keep calling them a non playoff team? You know every year is different right? They had a better team than us last year and they got much better than us in the offseason. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

5 years and best believe Terry is committed to giving them all 5.  It will be 2023 until there’s a new coach or GM

I don’t expect anyone to get fired anytime soon, but you’re delusional if you think these guys will just blindly get 5 years here.

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Don’t even think about replacing .them.  We have to stop the revolving door.  It was one game.  

Yeah, leaving an incompetent HC/GM combo in place seems like the prescription for building the next NFL winning dynasty.

/sarcasm off

7 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Terry talks a lot to former NFL GM’s and Executives who stress patience.  They also know they can’t keep hiring and firing coaches/GM’s.  Terry essentially gave the keys to the kingdom to McDermott and he delivered a playoff berth in his first year as HC.  He is prepared to give McDermott all 5 years.  I’ll bet you anything he sees the end of the contract 

Another advocate for keeping an incompetent HC/GM combo in the name of "continuity".  What's the f'ing point?   Further cementing the Bills' reputation for being a dysfunctional organization????

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Yeah, leaving an incompetent HC/GM combo in place seems like the prescription for building the next NFL winning dynasty.

/sarcasm off

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Another advocate for keeping an incompetent HC/GM combo in the name of "continuity".  What's the f'ing point?   Further cementing the Bills' reputation for being a dysfunctional organization????

Q.  What has changing GM and HC every 3 years or less got us?  Answer:  One play off wild card game in 17 years.

Q.  What is the consensus among front office personal in the NFL about the Bills poor track record?  Answer:  Too much change/ lack of stability/ lack of top QB/ lack of continuity

Q.  How long has Beane been in the job?  Answer: less than 2 years with only one off season and one draft thus far.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Q.  What has changing GM and HC every 3 years or less got us?  Answer:  One play off wild card game in 17 years.

Q.  What is the consensus among front office personal in the NFL about the Bills poor track record?  Answer:  Too much change/ lack of stability/ lack of top QB/ lack of continuity

Q.  How long has Beane been in the job?  Answer: less than 2 years with only one off season and one draft thus far.

The problem isnt all the change after a few years, it’s that we consistently hire the wrong guys. Do you think Rex would have turned things around if only he had more time? What about Chan? And Jauron? Would we be any better off if those guys just had more time?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The problem isnt all the change after a few years, it’s that we consistently hire the wrong guys. Do you think Rex would have turned things around if only he had more time? What about Chan? And Jauron? Would we be any better off if those guys just had more time?

Your naming coaches and yes, they are all poor choices.  

I’m talking about GMs.  I have said it before, Pegula has hired 4 GMs on his two teams, none with GM experience.  

We we need to give Beane some time. Calls to fire hm are ridiculous.  Fire him and no one will come here. 

15 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Your naming coaches and yes, they are all poor choices.  

I’m talking about GMs.  I have said it before, Pegula has hired 4 GMs on his two teams, none with GM experience.  

We we need to give Beane some time. Calls to fire hm are ridiculous.  Fire him and no one will come here. 

Why do people always say nobody will want to coach or be the GM here? It’s not true. There will ALWAYS be people who will want the job.

Beane will obviously get time. He isn’t getting fired anytime soon. But if a few years from now he hasn’t turned this roster around then he’ll be on his way out and we can do this all over again. 

8 hours ago, Foreigner said:

The majority of coaches and GM's don't get to that level with their team.  A first time HC usually is poached from another team just like GM.

You're acting like any HC who isn't promoted in house, they probably aren't good.

The thing that really concerns me about this team is Terry Pegula. Terry is like Ralph when Ralph had dementia, and sadly Terry doesn't have dementia...that's just Terry. 

Terry is a HORRIBLE owner. His hires are bad, and the man is an aloof idiot.

Everything about this team is baffling to me. Every decision. And what infuriates me is McDermott will NEVER give a straight answer. Is there a plan? I mean I hear about processing. But where's the plan? Because the plan to pass on Mahomes and Watson was stupid. The timeline is clunky. Keeping Tyrod and putting him in an offense designed to get the least out of Tyrod is puzzling. 

It honestly feels like Ralph/Jauron all over again. 

• Like (+1) 2