How long are Beane's and McDermott's contracts for

Foreigner

Ladies and Gentleman, will you please stop with the excuses defending our Owner, GM and HC.

Stop talking about 2019, the previous regime, or we will get better.

You all saw the product put on the field. If Baltimore did not pull the plug on Flacco & co. early

3rdQ it would have been way worse.

Just because we want for a better product on the field, it won't happen with these people unless

McDermott viewed the tape today, since he couldn't see what was going on. I don't want to hear

the excuses he came up with in his presser. All he needed to say is "we stunk, I apologize for it".

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Why do people always say nobody will want to coach or be the GM here? It’s not true. There will ALWAYS be people who will want the job.

Beane will obviously get time. He isn’t getting fired anytime soon. But if a few years from now he hasn’t turned this roster around then he’ll be on his way out and we can do this all over again. 

True, there will always be people who want the job but there are certainly people, solid people, that won’t touch it if Beane gets fired after one or two years.  

Mularkey, Maroone, and even Bill Polian are relatively recent people who walked away from a job with the Bills.  Those are the one know about.  

I can go back to the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and name others.  

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

Another advocate for keeping an incompetent HC/GM combo in the name of "continuity".  What's the f'ing point?   Further cementing the Bills' reputation for being a dysfunctional organization????

I sure wish the Bills would let everyone know what a highly functional organization they are by canning the HC and GM one game into the season.

The highest caliber coaches and execs would beat down Terry's down to get to Buffalo!

23 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

See Cowboys 1989 thread and take a deep breath and move away from the ledge.

It's a dumb comparison. The Cowboys still suck through the 90s if Minnesota doesn't make the worst trade of all time. The Bills would need someone to give up their future for McCoy.

It’s so terribly sad that someone went there already. If they don’t get AT LEAST two more years (after this one) I’m shocked, and I’m not looking that far down the road. And that’s as it should be barring anything shocking. 

Edited by Augie

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, Foreigner said:

Because this was worse than bad today. No Offense, no Defense, no Coach and no GM to put a product out like they did today.

You really couldn't find a word to represent, "worse than bad?"

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, Rc2catch said:

Thank goodness we have a new thread to discuss this in. While you’re at it can we pick the replacements too? I mean the seasons over right? Our rookies are busts? Time to tear it down and rebuild? Who gets the job done for us? 

.....well Sears is closing 46 stores......maybe some "coaching closeout specials"??..............

This is a shameful thread.  That duo that everyone can't wait to fire ended the playoff drought.  Does that really buy no benefit of the doubt?  I mean, really, we got blown out a few times even last year.  This all seems wildly dramatic.  

And, not for nothing, it is pretty clear there is a rebuild going on.  They have purged this team from top to bottom, drafted a rookie quarterback, and tried to make smart adjustments.  It seems pretty obvious to me that they would make token efforts to make the playoffs, but, in reality, the goal was always to reconstruct the roster.  Coaching got us to the playoffs last year, not talent.  But, all the same, we are still in the middle of the rebuild.  A rebuild built around a rookie quarterback they would obviously prefer not to throw into the starting line up.  Why are the expectations so high? How could anyone think this wasn't agreed upon when McBean was hired?  How could anyone think they are going to be fired in the short term?  

This all seems so obvious to me.  How do so many not get this?  

If you think the idea was to tank the season, you really have a problem. Everybody wants to win.

This team has been on a rebuild for 18 seasons. If you think they want to lose, just throw away

your season tickets, because very few of us liked the product Sunday, so stop with the excuses.

You saw what rookie QB Darnold last night.