Positives from ugly loss?

berg1029

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The positive is the change at QB that today forced.

I honestly am optimistic about our season still. Peterman being so awful forced this change before we fell too much in the hole.

I think the play of the entire team will get better when Allen is the starter :thumbsup:

Yeah but that's not a done deal.  At least not yet.

The ego of McDermott will make it very difficult to start Allen in Week 2.

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah but that's not a done deal.  At least not yet.

The ego of McDermott will make it very difficult to start Allen in Week 2.

What the hell does he tell his players at this point?

I think you're right that he's going to be searching for an acceptable reason to start Peterman again.

Is there one?

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think you're right that he's going to be searching for an acceptable reason to start Peterman again.

Is there one?

The Chargers would never for a second believe it and be completely taken by shock and awe?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is there one?

I don't think there is a good reason to start Peterman, no.

I have said all off-season to start Allen from Game 1, even if he is not 100% ready.  

I don't know what he tells the players, but he can probably get them to buy in 1 more time.

Another Peterman disaster and I don't think he could start him a THIRD time.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have said all off-season to start Allen from Game 1, even if he is not 100% ready.  

I don't know what he tells the players, but he can probably get them to buy in 1 more time.

I know what you meant but he's already had two disasters. This week would be the third time. I think McD would like to start Nate one more time but he may lose his team. That may be the reason he goes with the only logical choice, which is Allen. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I know what you meant but he's already had two disasters. This week would be the third time. I think McD would like to start Nate one more time but he may lose his team. That may be the reason he goes with the only logical choice, which is Allen. 

It could go that way.

I think we'll find out tomorrow.

He needs to declare one guy or the other the starter and start building support behind that guy right away.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It could go that way.

I think we'll find out tomorrow.

He needs to declare one guy or the other the starter and start building support behind that guy right away.

And how exactly do you build support for NP? I think the whole team mostly gave up early in the second quarter. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And how exactly do you build support for NP? I think the whole team mostly gave up early in the second quarter. 

Just tell them it could of been worse he could of had 5 picks...no wait they're playing the Chargers next week probably shouldn't bring that up.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Peterman starting again is already ruining my sleep cycle.

O Line did better than I expected.

Allen threw a couple nice bullets.

We witnessed history, because in 50 years when someone starts a poll on TSW asking who the worst QB in Bills history is, Peterman will be the first unanimous choice, ever and at last, everyone on the board will agree on something.

I thought Shaq Lawson wasn't invisible as he has been in the past.  Nice to see the surgery to remove the cinder blocks from Zay's hands was successful.  Another positive is that, the coaching staff now knows that about 6-7 players do not know how to fall straight down on top of a ball.  Got to work on that. 

Edited by Irv

6 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Billy Joe Hobert.

this isn’t to say peterman wasn’t awful. But I’m sure he at least read the playbook.

Give him a break.  Billy Joe Holbert couldn't read.  They don't teach that at U of Washington.