Daboll in booth vs sideline

GoBills!

Remember when coach McD said this " 

“It is hard to lead the players on the field when you are up that far away,” said McDermott. “He has to feel like he has good leadership down on the field, which he does with our position coaches.”

McDermott said he’ll leave it up to Daboll to decide as to where he feels most comfortable in calling plays for the offense come the regular season."

What leadership do we have on the side lines with a rookie QB and Peterman? 

Seems he needs to be down there on the field, I don't like when coordinators sit in the booth, feels too far removed.

6 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

“It is hard to lead the players on the field when you are up that far away,” said McDermott. “He has to feel like he has good leadership down on the field, which he does with our position coaches.”

McDermott said he’ll leave it up to Daboll to decide as to where he feels most comfortable in calling plays for the offense come the regular season."

Seems he needs to be down there on the field, I don't like when coordinators sit in the booth, feels too far removed.

Agreed.

It's easier to see the game and call good plays in the booth.

But you coach & motivate on the sideline.  

You have these guys 8-10 hours per day 5-7 days per week. If they can’t produce for 3 hours without you by their side, you’re messing something up the rest of the week/year. 

Not to mention, isn’t that what positional coaches and contact with your HC is for? 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mango said:

You have these guys 8-10 hours per day 5-7 days per week. If they can’t produce for 3 hours without you by their side, you’re messing something up the rest of the week/year. 

Not to mention, isn’t that what positional coaches and contact with your HC is for? 

Name 5 successful booth coordinators in the league? I don't know them all but I looked all day today most are on the sidelines. All I remember was wanstache in the booth and our D sucked lol.

1 minute ago, GoBills! said:

Name 5 successful booth coordinators in the league? I don't know them all but I looked all day today most are on the sidelines. All I remember was wanstache in the booth and our D sucked lol.

Off the top of my head, I don’t know. 

Pettine is in the booth tonight

4 minutes ago, RFL said:

Well being up in the booth apparently didnt work.  Maybe get his butt on the sideline and be a coach and show some leadership.

I agree more often I see successful coordinators on the sidelines with their team in the booth. Hearing from all the guys and getting the energy if the players is important.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills! said:

Do you honestly think Daboll on the sideline would have made a difference today?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you honestly think Daboll on the sideline would have made a difference today?

I do, how much? not enough, but sitting with Nate and Josh after a series can make a posiy impact. Also shady looked pissed why sit up there in your warm booth while these guys freeze their off ass only to get chewed out again by you later on. 

1 hour ago, GoBills! said:

I do, how much? not enough, but sitting with Nate and Josh after a series can make a posiy impact. Also shady looked pissed why sit up there in your warm booth while these guys freeze their off ass only to get chewed out again by you later on. 

That is a valid point that the coaches gain cred if they share the conditions the players are going through.

I think the best situation is to have the OC on the sideline but to have a trusted assistant up there visualizing what the opponent's D is giving you and calling plays strategically.

I don't think Daboll brought anyone with him he trusts in that role yet.

8 hours ago, GoBills! said:

I think it was low 70's in the game.  I don't think anyone was freezing.