M & T Bank in weird position...

Big Turk

M & T Bank is a Buffalo based company and official bank of the Bills and a major sponsor, but also has naming rights on Baltimore's stadium(M & T Bank Stadium) and has quite a few employees in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area(17,000 I believe I read).  For the record all M & T will say is "We love both our teams so we just hope they both do well".  The man should go into politics.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hear that Starbucks and a few dozen other national chains with stores in both cities are also quite torn.

It's a little different when you are a major sponsor/official bank of a team...

I guess it's not really a weird position because people in the Baltimore area will root for Baltimore and people in this area will root for the Bills but it's just kind of funny.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

my brother works for m & t.  i'm going to call him right now a be such a dick.

I work for a bank too, tho not M & T. Gotta love the bank holidays...

True story, in my first year there I had never been off on any of the bank/school holidays since I started working 20+ years ago, and since I work from home a lot, I ended up working on Good Friday even though I was technically off, since I didn't know.  Found out at like 4pm that it was a holiday when I texted my buddy and asked why nobody was responding to my emails that day, haha...got made fun of pretty good for a while after that one...

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It's a little different when you are a major sponsor/official bank of a team...

I guess it's not really a weird position because people in the Baltimore area will root for Baltimore and people in this area will root for the Bills but it's just kind of funny.

I work for a bank too, tho not M & T. Gotta love the bank holidays...

True story, in my first year there I had never been off on any of the bank/school holidays since I started working 20+ years ago, and since I work from home a lot, I ended up working on Good Friday even though I was technically off, since I didn't know.  Found out at like 4pm that it was a holiday when I texted my buddy and asked why nobody was responding to my emails that day, haha...got made fun of pretty good for a while after that one...

that's pretty funny.  any time the market is closed, he's off.  they also force him to take a couple of weeks off in the summer to audit his work if i'm not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

that's pretty funny.  any time the market is closed, he's off.  they also force him to take a couple of weeks off in the summer to audit his work if i'm not mistaken.

Yeah same for us, it's called core leave, force you take at least 2 weeks off in a row at some point during the year.  They also let us leave early on the day before a holiday most times too, usually around 2pm...its really nice on long weekends that is for sure.

Edited by matter2003

What I found funny is that the Astros had some home games relocated to Tampa last season due to Harvey. So instead of playing at Minute Maid Park, they played at Tropicana Field. Also, the Bisons play at Coca Cola Field, and Lehigh Valley, in their same division, play at Coca Cola Park.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

so..you will be you? how will that convey any message?

He should call up and pretend to be a federal regulator and tell them they are getting hit with $50 million in fines for shady mortgage lending practices...that would much funnier...hahaha

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yeah but if you need to pee and can't make it home first you can always stop at starbucks. 

Haha...when I did outside sales the first thing I looked for when I got to a new area was where is the closest Tim Hortons or Tops/Wegmans...

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

M & T Bank is a Buffalo based company and official bank of the Bills and a major sponsor, but also has naming rights on Baltimore's stadium(M & T Bank Stadium) and has quite a few employees in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area(17,000 I believe I read).  For the record all M & T will say is "We love both our teams so we just hope they both do well".  The man should go into politics.

M&T has around 17,000 employees total.  They have many offices in Baltimore and the surrounding areas.  They are the official bank of the Bills, Ravens, and Jests...Nothing weird, just business...

Edited by ricojes