NY Times Publishes Op-Ed From Trump Senior Official

Tiberius

Anonymously, pretty wild 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

New York Times Aiming for 10 Million Subscribers as Profits Rise

The Times managed to add more than 100,000 subscribers during the first quarter and profits are growing.

The newspaper tallied an operating profit of $34.1 million, an increase of 22 percent, compared to the same quarter last year, on total revenue of $413.9 million, a 3.6 percent increase. 

https://wwd.com/business-news/media/new-york-times-profits-subscriptions-rise-in-q1-1202664521/

I was just curious after hearing Trump keep saying the failing NY Times

• Like (+1) 2

Would help if there was a name to the op-ed.  Seems a bit cowardice.  A senior official encompasses a lot of people in government.  Also, if you're bragging about saving the country by containing Trump my minimizing the chaos he unleashes, why would you write an op-ed that would create a chaotic situation in the White House?

I think this helps Trump as this seems to be written by an establishment Republican (based on the content) many on the right loathe and distracts from the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. 

• Like (+1) 1

The anonymous source would need to go into the witness protection program from the extreme Trump supporters if identity became known.

The country is growing further apart over Trump, forget any bipartisan cooperation.

Oh, shock. One of the mouthpieces of the corrupt washington establishment comes out with another anonymously sourced article.

Can there be any doubt these media outlets really ARE the enemies of the people?

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

The anonymous source would need to go into the witness protection program from the extreme Trump supporters if identity became known.

The country is growing further apart over Trump, forget any bipartisan cooperation.

Has anyone ever told you that you're a disingenuous twat?

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Anonymously, pretty wild 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

20124 is long time.

Keep it up though, as this is all pure comedy now.

Who needs to go to a comedy club for comedy? Just turn on the news and see the left continuing to lose their minds over this President. 

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

20124 is long time.

Keep it up though, as this is all pure comedy now.

Who needs to go to a comedy club for comedy? Just turn on the news and see the left continuing to lose their minds over this President. 

Yes it is.  I'm confident he'll be out of office by then.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Extreme Trump supporters? What the !@#$ are you talking about? Show me anything from the right that compares to what antifa is doing! The same goes for the dingbats that interupt hearings in the congress and senate committee's!

Does the means justify the end? Take Trump down by anyways possible? Are you that unhinged????

You and the rest of the liberal loons really need some professional help.

24 minutes ago, westside said:

Extreme Trump supporters? What the !@#$ are you talking about? Show me anything from the right that compares to what antifa is doing! The same goes for the dingbats that interupt hearings in the congress and senate committee's!

Does the means justify the end? Take Trump down by anyways possible? Are you that unhinged????

You and the rest of the liberal loons really need some professional help.

It's obvious Trump and his supporters are now panicking, I totally understand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

It's obvious Trump and his supporters are now panicking, I totally understand.

Luckily it's not Bernie. We know what his supporters like to do.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35515/nyts-anonymous-source-traitor-troll-or-tall-tale-michael-j-knowles?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

This guy gets it, especially in the last paragraph.

The time is coming to destroy these domestic enemies of our country. I can't wait.

As I wrote in the other thread discussing this...

Meh. My anonymous source says the NY Times anonymous source is imaginary.  Right now, I think I have just as much journalistic-chops as anyone writing fan-fiction for the left in the NYTimes op-ed department.

But apparently, Tucker Carlson said he knows the fiction writer of the piece ... and he's going after Chuck Todd + NBC on the Weinstein cover-up as well. Food fight in the MSM! 

The picture painted is disturbing, and Congress needs to exert its authority and figure out what is going on over at the White House. But whomever wrote this to me is a coward; if you have that much concern for the country then do the honorable thing and resign then go to Congress and tell them what is going on.

You can't have this kind of behavior no matter who occupies the office.

Donald Trump and Republicans in general are incompetent when it comes to framing political issues.  All Donald Trump had to say in response to this NY Times editorial is something like this:

"Washington, DC is full of entrenched Republicans and entrenched Democrats.  They are losing their unearned lofty status since I have become President and they obviously don't like it.  I will continue to be the President for all Americans outside of the Washington, DC beltway."

:mellow:

26 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35515/nyts-anonymous-source-traitor-troll-or-tall-tale-michael-j-knowles?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

This guy gets it, especially in the last paragraph.

The time is coming to destroy these domestic enemies of our country. I can't wait.

The bolded is a big reason why I think Trump is bad for our country. Many could have said the same thing about all those actively trying to bring down and oppose Obama..it is okay to disagree vehemently with someone in public office, its why we have the greatest country in the world..everything is challenged....it does not mean people on either side are enemies of our country or enemies of the people...that rhetoric is what is the true enemy of our country. I dont think Trump is an enemy of the country..I think he is bad for the country, but that is a completely different thing.

Having said that, i found the second theory in the piece interesting. I agree with the author, no one knows how to steer and manipulate the press better than Trump..could this just be troll used to prove Trump's point on the MSM? Did Trump plant this thing on purpose? I think publishing this was the absolute wrong decision by theTimes, and as I said in the other thread it does go a long way towards proving Trump's point. I need @Deranged Rhino to weigh in here!?

Last, quick note on something I saw this morning. On CBS this morning, Major Garrett was talking about his own book coming out. on Trump..and while he said some of the anecdotes in the piece sound reasonable and close to things he has in his book, he had never, ever heard of any movement towards invoking the 25th amendment..and he is a pretty plugged in dude. He implied that was pretty clearly fiction, and as such cast doubt on the rest of the piece.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The bolded is a big reason why I think Trump is bad for our country. Many could have said the same thing about all those actively trying to bring down and oppose Obama..it is okay to disagree vehemently with someone in public office, its why we have the greatest country in the world..everything is challenged....it does not mean people on either side are enemies of our country or enemies of the people...that rhetoric is what is the true enemy of our country. I dont think Trump is an enemy of the country..I think he is bad for the country, but that is a completely different thing.

Having said that, i found the second theory in the piece interesting. I agree with the author, no one knows how to steer and manipulate the press better than Trump..could this just be troll used to prove Trump's point on the MSM? Did Trump plant this thing on purpose? I think publishing this was the absolute wrong decision by theTimes, and as I said in the other thread it does go a long way towards proving Trump's point. I need @Deranged Rhino to weigh in here!?

Last, quick note on something I saw this morning. On CBS this morning, Major Garrett was talking about his own book coming out. on Trump..and while he said some of the anecdotes in the piece sound reasonable and close to things he has in his book, he had never, ever heard of any movement towards invoking the 25th amendment..and he is a pretty plugged in dude. He implied that was pretty clearly fiction, and as such cast doubt on the rest of the piece.

That paper and the WaPo have published NUMEROUS "anonymous source" articles. Can never trust them, they're liars and biased toward the unelected civil service of this country. That makes them undemocratic, and anti-American.

That's indisputable.

Edited by joesixpack
spelling errors

Just now, joesixpack said:

That paper and the WaPo have published NUMEROUS "anonymouse source" articles. Can never trust them, they're liars and biased toward the unelected civil service of this country. That makes them undemocratic, and anti-American.

That's indisputable.

of course it's disputable..and that it is disputable is in itself indisputable.

Hey it always makes a lot of sense to me that the non-politician billionaire from NYC  who took out 16 GOPe opponents, the Bush machine, the Clinton machine, the Obama machine (what there is of it anyway), and the MSM to become President of the United States has no idea what he is doing in office.    insert huge sarcasm emoji

But do let us thank the NY Times for confirming there is a deep state.  That was nice of them after screeching it was a "conspiracy theory" for so long. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

What constitutes a "credible source" when the Times can't even be used as one?

so in other words..you cant??? I don't want some crap on Info Wars or other such nonsense...show me one instance where the Times has protected an anonymous source and it has led to the death of American soldiers...just show me one instance. 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

so in other words..you cant??? I don't want some crap on Info Wars or other such nonsense...show me one instance where the Times has protected an anonymous source and it has led to the death of American soldiers...just show me one instance. 

That wasn't MY assertion. Keep your responses straight.

My assertion is that the Times is, at best, a work of FICTION. They use "anonymous sources" and have NO verification in the open of said sources.

Refute THAT.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

please link credible sources and stories to back this claim up...

Really? 

For starters, there was the unnecessary exposure of the SWIFT monetary transfers by terrorist groups that were monitored by US security.   Then ongoing publications of anti-terror strategies throughout the Iraq occupation.  Topped off by the publication few weeks ago exposing US spying networks in China.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Exceptin  if they are  blind republican  Trump supporters..then law enforcement should let the swamp be the swamp.Trump said so himself the other day

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That wasn't MY assertion. Keep your responses straight.

My assertion is that the Times is, at best, a work of FICTION. They use "anonymous sources" and have NO verification in the open of said sources.

Refute THAT.

What else would you expect from an enemy of the people

You liked the  post and them posted this..don't run from your own words

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No one's running from **** here, lackey of the deep state.

Refute my points or move along.

What is there to refute. Just cause you say something does not make it so. Dumb argument. I say Trump is racist..prove me wrong!

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Really? 

For starters, there was the unnecessary exposure of the SWIFT monetary transfers by terrorist groups that were monitored by US security.   Then ongoing publications of anti-terror strategies throughout the Iraq occupation.  Topped off by the publication few weeks ago exposing US spying networks in China.

and...please show direct causality between these stories( i confess I do not know these pieces) and American deaths on the battlefield.

And this conversation has gone off the rails..again my point was I think the Times fugged up here..I have said it many times and I think it hurts their  credibility.

Edited by plenzmd1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

What is there to refute. Just cause you say something does not make it so. Dumb argument. I say Trump is racist..prove me wrong!

and...please show direct causality between these stories( i confess I do not know these pieces) and American deaths on the battlefield.

And this conversation has gone off the rails..again my point was I think the Times fugged up here..I have said it many times and I think it hurts there credibility.

GG is pretty out there. Just sayin 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

What is there to refute.

Refute the fact that the NYT and WaPo rely almost exclusively on anonymous sources without any named source verification.

Refute that these "stories" are, therefore, not able to be relied on for anything other than entertainment purposes.

Edited by joesixpack

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Refute the fact that the NYT and WaPo rely almost exclusively on anonymous sources without any named source verification.

Refute that these "stories" are, therefore, not able to be relied on for anything other than entertainment purposes.

Times would disagree

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Trump is taking them as real 

• Like (+1) 1