NY Times Publishes Op-Ed From Trump Senior Official

Tiberius

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My favorite theory so far is that it's Pence. That's the theory that my Hollywood friends have glommed on to. They see it as the perfect way to get rid of both Pence and Trump: Pence betrayed Trump, Trump sacks Pence removing the threat of a President Religious Terminator succeeding Trump, then the "resistance" impeaches Trump and the post-midterm democratic Speaker of the House Pelosi takes over as POTUS. 

From your keyboard to Gods ears! Not the pelosi part... but the rest is like Tom Brady retiring tomorrow

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Uh, how do they think that Trump can fire Pence? Seriously, do these morons not read the !@#$ing Constitution?

Actually, given the reality on the ground today, if Trump wanted Pence gone, he's gone. It's an unstated rule. Pence would suddenly feel a need to resign. And, even if he wanted to break that rule? Which Rs want to take on Trump at this point? See, the ones that did: they've all resigned/retired/died/lost primary elections. The people that are left: almost all of them owe their current electoral success to Trump, or will very shortly. If Trump wanted Pence gone they'd be happy to help out officially if needed, and so would many Ds. 

It's possible that things would need to be run by the book, but, it's not very likely. 

Edited by OCinBuffalo

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Uh, how do they think that Trump can fire Pence? Seriously, do these morons not read the !@#$ing Constitution?

No, but they probably have seen a lot of closing scenes from The Apprentice.

6 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Actually, given the reality on the ground today, if Trump wanted Pence gone, he's gone. It's an unstated rule. Pence would suddenly feel a need to resign. And, even if he wanted to break that rule? Which Rs want to take on Trump at this point? See, the ones that did: they've all resigned/retired/died. The people that are left: almost all of them owe their current electoral success to Trump, or will very shortly. If Trump wanted Pence gone they'd be happy to help out officially if needed, and so would many Ds. 

It's possible that things would need to be run by the book, but, it's not very likely. 

Holy tinfoil hat, Batman!

Just now, Koko78 said:

Holy tinfoil hat, Batman!

Um no, Holy dose of reality. You're hopelessly naive if you think a sitting POTUS can't fire his own VP. Albeit it would need to be for cause, and not at will. But still, the POTUS gets what he/she wants. That's where we are today. Whether we like that or not is a separate discussion.

8 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Um no, Holy dose of reality. You're hopelessly naive if you think a sitting POTUS can't fire his own VP. Albeit it would need to be for cause, and not at will. But still, the POTUS gets what he/she wants. That's where we are today. Whether we like that or not is a separate discussion.

Please cite the legal authority that the President has to fire a duly elected Vice President.

And no, a POTUS does not get what they want. That would happen to be the biggest complaint from every president to ever hold office.

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man this makes me feel good. Thank you!

Well, I suppose getting any attention at all makes you feel good. Here's some more: 

EDIT: Because DR asked, I will retract my label, and offer you this instead(never say I am the reason you can't have nice things DR):

Stop this wishful crap now. See, this isn't like the Bills being down by 6 or less with 2 minutes left in the game, and you're wishing for a comeback. No. You are wishing for a comeback with the Bills down by 40 with 2 mins left.

All you're going to succeed in doing: demoralize yourself further. Perhaps you even drag other Ds down with you. If you were Tiberius, who's proven beyond all doubt that he adds no value to society? I would simply ignore you, and leave you to your fate. However, I don't know if you are Tiberius level stupid...yet. So, as one bills fan to another: cut your losses now. 

Edited by OCinBuffalo
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Please cite the legal authority that the President has to fire a duly elected Vice President.

And no, a POTUS does not get what they want. That would happen to be the biggest complaint from every president to ever hold office.

I already cited that this is an "unwritten rule". Reading comprehension is your friend.

The reason they complain...is that once in office, they get a whole lot more than they expected. Upon realization of this fact, they see the potential to do more(whether for good or ill is a matter of perspective). It's human nature. So of course they complain...they are always seemingly inches away from total power.

But, it's merely an illusion. The Founders were wise. Obama had a pen and phone. Remember that? That's the illusion talking.

5 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

I already cited that this is an "unwritten rule". Reading comprehension is your friend.

Yes, I got that. Apparently you missed the part where I strongly implied that you're full of Schiff.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Yes, I got that. Apparently you missed the part where I strongly implied that you're full of Schiff.

I don't figure into this at all: the rule is there. Whether you like it or not also has nothing to do with me. I am merely telling you how things are, not as you, or anyone else would wish them to be.