NY Times Publishes Op-Ed From Trump Senior Official

Tiberius

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's from the original article. I felt, and still feel, that it would be redundant to relink. What a waste it would be to reuse a link already, in the very thread, being used. 

So in other words you want to hide the source?

On 9/6/2018 at 3:26 AM, ALF said:

New York Times Aiming for 10 Million Subscribers as Profits Rise

The Times managed to add more than 100,000 subscribers during the first quarter and profits are growing.

The newspaper tallied an operating profit of $34.1 million, an increase of 22 percent, compared to the same quarter last year, on total revenue of $413.9 million, a 3.6 percent increase. 

https://wwd.com/business-news/media/new-york-times-profits-subscriptions-rise-in-q1-1202664521/

I was just curious after hearing Trump keep saying the failing NY Times

Not surprising for a liberal echo chamber / sounding board in a liberal utopia. 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:06 PM, Doc Brown said:

Those are some valid points and I am lucky enough to be set financially for the rest of my life thanks to a decent state pension system thanks to the NYSUT.  The attack on public teachers (and obviously their unions) has been what's always irked me about Republicans just being a school psychologist for over 20 years now.  I see these teacher strikes in other states and I'm rooting for the teachers.  They're already paid less on average than other professions with a Master's degree and without a strong union they'd be paid even less.  I know they get holiday breaks and the summer off, but 95% of those who are tenured regularly put 10 to 12 hour workdays in with hardly any breaks throughout the day.  The immense pressure of state test results doesn't help.  I get exhausted just watching them put up with 20 plus kids all day and then trying to get all their clerical work done during their breaks and before/after school.  I'd rather be a hot tar roofer than a public school teacher so I think the benefits they get are warranted.  Except for gym teachers :)     

As far as health care goes, I think we're eventually headed for single payer in some form.  The inability of Republicans to repeal the ACA was the final nail in the coffin.  I agree that Democrats were purposefully histrionic about the amount of people that will die from its repeal.  However, the thought of not having to worry about finding a job that has health insurance or staying in a job that you hate because they have health insurance makes single payer desirable to a lot of Americans.  

Doc, what fantasy world do you live in? They're generally paid more for people in the private sector with similar credentials who don't have the protection of a union and they don't have defined benefit pension plans (e.g., 80% of pay for life after 25 years of service) and fully ported paid-for healthcare coverage either. They can be fired at will in most states, and their bosses can put untold pressure on them to get results.

I wouldn't want to babysit twenty juvenile delinquents every day either. But that's the career path they chose. Summers off? Hell, most people in the private sector are lucky to get four weeks of vacation after working at the same place for twenty years. If they move to a different job - they generally start over at 2 weeks - AFTER they've been at the job for a year. The whining by teachers and Libs has been what's always irked me about them.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Doc, what fantasy world do you live in? They're generally paid more for people in the private sector with similar credentials who don't have the protection of a union and they don't have defined benefit pension plans (e.g., 80% of pay for life after 25 years of service) and fully ported paid-for healthcare coverage either. They can be fired at will in most states, and their bosses can put untold pressure on them to get results.

I wouldn't want to babysit twenty juvenile delinquents every day either. But that's the career path they chose. Summers off? Hell, most people in the private sector are lucky to get four weeks of vacation after working at the same place for twenty years. If they move to a different job - they generally start over at 2 weeks - AFTER they've been at the job for a year. The whining by teachers and Libs has been what's always irked me about them.

It used to be that teachers were poorly paid but their benefits such as summers off made up for it. Since teachers pay has risen greatly they now have the best of both worlds.

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It used to be that teachers were poorly paid but their benefits such as summers off made up for it. Since teachers pay has risen greatly they now have the best of both worlds.

I honestly don't know how anyone can live on $60,000+ per year, with a 180ish day work year.

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

of course single payer is the objective here. afterall, .gov is running out of revenue streams.

mark my words, 401k's will be next.

I've already said that several times. There are Billions in IRAs and 401ks that the likes of Lieawatha and Nancy Piglowsee would love to get their hands on in exchange for some nice US Government bonds.