Just Do It

donbb

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nike don’t give a rats behind if you speak English Swahili or Pig Latin, they care how your green stuff spends. 

Nike is in a battle again as UA coming at em hard , And Puma and Addias making huge comebacks. Classic Stan Smiths  are hip again! Even in The “urban community’

Nike just doing what companies do in a capitalist system, figuring out how to make more money. Their research showed ,I am sure,if they can get publicity (they have been all over MSMas well as social) , escpeaciily if that publicity is old white men and Trump supporters  hating on them, that wil play to their core demo who they think will buy more product just to Piss Trump supporters off. 

Its all about increasing shareholder value, it’s a great ploy, seems to be working to a tee. Even Trump gets it, as dumb as he is ?it’s why he is downplaying the whole thing. 

More yall complain about it, the better is for Nike. 

!@#$ nike!!

30 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nike don’t give a rats behind if you speak English Swahili or Pig Latin, they care how your green stuff spends. 

Nike is in a battle again as UA coming at em hard , And Puma and Addias making huge comebacks. Classic Stan Smiths  are hip again! Even in The “urban community’

Nike just doing what companies do in a capitalist system, figuring out how to make more money. Their research showed ,I am sure,if they can get publicity (they have been all over MSMas well as social) , escpeaciily if that publicity is old white men and Trump supporters  hating on them, that wil play to their core demo who they think will buy more product just to Piss Trump supporters off. 

Its all about increasing shareholder value, it’s a great ploy, seems to be working to a tee. Even Trump gets it, as dumb as he is ?it’s why he is downplaying the whole thing. 

More yall complain about it, the better is for Nike. 

You're such a hypocrite! Didn't you B word about joesixpack calling younger people dumb? Then you turn around and call the President Trump dumb. You liberals have no morals.

39 minutes ago, westside said:

!@#$ nike!!

You're such a hypocrite! Didn't you B word about joesixpack calling younger people dumb? Then you turn around and call the President Trump dumb. You liberals have no morals.

I B word about everything Joe says ..cause he is always wrong. Except on football, where as agree on most things 100% strangely enough 

Man, some y’all need to lighten up and understand a joke when ya see one. 

You know, even Trump makes a funny at his own  expense every once in a while. 

Laugh a little, Love a little.  That the glory of life!

Edited by plenzmd1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They knew that would happen.  This is a long term strategy.  Risky, but they're banking on the fact that since young people (under 35) buy 2/3rds of their sneakers and that black people overwhelmingly buy more Nike gear than any other demographic per population percentage.  They think this will motivate them to buy more gear and will far outweigh any boycotts.  Young people and black people are the most likely to support kneeling during the anthem.  Nike isn't being heroic here by making some cultural stand.  It's purely about increasing profits long term.

Sounds somewhat reasonable on paper. I just don't buy it because the potential upside doesn't seem to outweigh the loss. I would think there would be better ad campaigns that would not offend half your current customer base.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I would think so too, but young black people have been buying and collecting sneakers since Air Jordan's sold at a crazy rate during MJ's glory years.  It's their target market and Nike didn't become the most popular shoe brand in the world by playing it safe (they stuck with Tiger and Kobe when many advertisers abandoned them).  Brand loyalty is huge and they don't want to lose business to Adidas, Reebok, Puma, etc..  Nike has had Kaepernick under contract for years now, but waited until polling came out before making Kaepernick the center of their marketing campaign.  They also pry figured that "taking a stand" on the issue will attract more prominent black athletes in the future who believe in his cause.  Time will tell if the gamble pays off.  Nike certainly got a lot more publicity for their 30th anniversary campaign over the last couple of days.  That's for sure.

They also (likely) calculate that the Chinese market is the more important market for their product. It's bigger, growing, and central to their production lines. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I agree with you and @Doc Brown on this one. Nike PR is not stupid (quite the opposite), and this must have been researched to death. The only problem for them could come in if white-bread's mommy and daddy refuse to pay up for the newest pair of sneakers based on some sort of protest.

I think the timing - after school started and 99% of kids already had their BTS sneakers, says that Nike may not be quite as confident in this campaign's immediate success as some might think. This is a longterm play, but they tried to avoid short-term sales pain. 

My only point is, Jordan purposefully was apolitical. He was a huge force behincd Nike's success. If I recall correctly, he was adamant about not choosing a political side. 

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

I thought the right was racist.  Why would they like anybody with black skin?  Or, maybe it's not about the color of anybody's skin after all. 

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Very strange relationship indeed.

21 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Spoken like a genuine real deal dead-dog leftist. Way to represent! 

Some on the left have exploited matters of race for political gain. I've seen those situations and I'll call it out when I see it. It's beyond disingenuous to act like institutional bias doesn't exist.

It's much more important that all disadvantaged people regardless of race recognize the true enemy, namely the corporate elite. Trump has successfully divided those people and taken their eyes off the prize.

Press Release on Nike "Since 2016, 381 cops have been killed in the line of duty. They believed in something and sacrificed everything as did the families they left behind. All of the men and women in law enforcement believe in something and are prepared to sacrifice everything"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/5/2018 at 9:25 AM, ALF said:

Nike is betting the pendulum will swing to the other extreme after 2018 and 20 elections    jmo

Could be, but I personally cant see an election result swinging someone's beliefs or point of view. I see it as the opposite where people's beliefs determine the election. 

saw one of bo berghdal. 

"sometimes you have to sacrafice everything, even when that just means you have to walk away."

and another showing whatshisnamewhoicantrememberanditsembarassing who died after leaving the cardinals in friendly fire.

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

saw one of bo berghdal. 

"sometimes you have to sacrafice everything, even when that just means you have to walk away."

and another showing whatshisnamewhoicantrememberanditsembarassing who died after leaving the cardinals in friendly fire.

Pat Tillman 

Edited by westside
  • Like (+1) 1