[Vague Title] Richie, Richie, Richie SMH

Watkins90

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, NFL players who are offered reduced/renegotiated contracts always show their displeasure with the "low ball offer" by first willingly signing the offer and THEN they go crazy and/or take drugs that make them crazy.

Anyway, he was still going to make more in 2018 than he made in 2017.  It was restructure or they were going to cut him.

Don't forget they also threaten the team owners in a drunken stupor.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, NFL players who are offered reduced/renegotiated contracts always show their displeasure with the "low ball offer" by first willingly signing the offer and THEN they go crazy and/or take drugs that make them crazy.

Anyway, he was still going to make more in 2018 than he made in 2017.  It was restructure or they were going to cut him.

People have gone crazy over a lot more trivial things that a million dollar pay cut.

1 minute ago, teef said:

shhhh.  you're tired and a bit over stimulated.  why don't you sit quietly for a bit and have some you time.

I’m relaxing on my back porch. Perfect time to discuss any off topic subject you are into. PM me.

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

We all know he isn’t a stable guy, although he had no issues that I am aware of in 3 or so years with Buffalo.

How do you know what his triggers are or aren’t? The contract issues could also have occurred parallel with some other personal issues, like his father’s health. I do think that the contract was at least a contributing factor.

How do you know?  You're the one that keeps bringing up his contract as the most logical reason for his issues.  

46 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do you think if had mental health or life threatening medical issues they would have offered him a contract?

Jesuit education must have really dropped off since I graduated undergrad.

I honestly don't believe you have an undergrad.  I really don't think you have the intelligence to complete a 4 year degree.  I really don't.

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’m relaxing on my back porch. Perfect time to discuss any off topic subject you are into. PM me.

why?  you brought up the education thing first for some reason.  if you don't want to discuss it here, don't bring it up.

49 minutes ago, teef said:

says the guy that's somehow impressed with the academics of alabama.   

on occasion my 3 year old will get a wrong idea in her head.  when i try to correct her, she sometimes refuses to listen to any reason.  i just chalk it up to that simple, developing brain, and walk away.  that's what i'm doing here.

You just gotta Bill-eve!!!

Are you saying you don't Bill-eve?!?!?!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

People have gone crazy over a lot more trivial things that a million dollar pay cut.

Only if they are predisposed to go crazy over trivial stuff.

Like having a random guy exercising next to them.

Gotta say, for the 3 years Ritchie was with the Bills, he was the perfect player.   He stayed out of trouble, was a leader, gave Pro Bowl effort, and was cheap.  But all good things must come to an end sooner or later.  And I bet if you asked him now, he regrets the stunt he pulled and wishes the Bills would take him back.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Gotta say, for the 3 years Ritchie was with the Bills, he was the perfect player.   He stayed out of trouble, was a leader, gave Pro Bowl effort, and was cheap.  But all good things must come to an end sooner or later.  And I bet if you asked him now, he regrets the stunt he pulled and wishes the Bills would take him back.

It really does seem that the lack of a structured environment was his "downfall".  Clearly there are mental health issues.

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

It really does seem that the lack of a structured environment was his "downfall".  Clearly there are mental health issues.

Possibly.  But again the only one responsible for removing Ritchie from that structured environment is himself.  Now he has to live with the consequences.

Richie makes a perfectly valid point. He may be crazy, but his point is valid. We have the worst OL in the NFL right now -- maybe the worst in franchise history. I see no one is disputing the facts he presents. He's right. The 3 players we've lost are far better than the guys replacing them and Wood was terrible. Glenn was playing on a bad foot, so they gave up on him. Forget drafting a WR or CB or LB in rounds 1-3 nest year LOL. They'll be drafting a bunch of OL. They can't start Allen behind this OL and they know it.

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Richie makes a perfectly valid point. He may be crazy, but his point is valid. We have the worst OL in the NFL right now -- maybe the worst in franchise history. I see no one is disputing the facts he presents. He's right. The 3 players we've lost are far better than the guys replacing them and Wood was terrible. Glenn was playing on a bad foot, so they gave up on him. Forget drafting a WR or CB or LB in rounds 1-3 nest year LOL. They'll be drafting a bunch of OL. They can't start Allen behind this OL and they know it.

Facts he presents?  1,000,000 starts?  C'mon GreggTx.

Incognito has a point that he has a track record of both skill and experience, but when you're on the "downhill slide" of your career and you present yourself publically on multiple occasions as mentally primed to go postal, no team wants the risks.  Those are the facts Incognito's actions present.

As for our OL, I'll wait until we see how they play during the season to draw conclusions, but we have really needed to draft some more OL high for a few years now.  Polian's point about the age of our OL may have put "sh** in their grits" but it didn't decrease their average age.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Not BC, but one of the top ones, of course. :)

just wondering.  i went to a jesuit high school, so i had a lot of family and friends go to a jesuit college.  lots of john carroll, loyola of chicago, canisus, etc guys.