Is John Elway on the Hot Seat?

BuffaloRush

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yes, apart from winning that Super Bowl.....

That’s a pretty major resume line you’ve hacked out from your spite, kiddo.....

Sorry but if you read the post it says SINCE Manning retired.  Unless I’m mistaken Denver has not won a Super Bowl since the 2015 season, the numbers above are from 2016 and 2017

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Let’s not forget, Broncos won the SB with the lowest rated QBs in the NFL that year and Manning’s SB performance was the worst in history by a winning QB.  That’s D and run game won the SB, not the QB play.

All GMs are wring more than they are right, not his fault he had very little to choose from in the draft with Paxton.  They were smart enough NOT to pay Brock while Houston gave him a contract grosser than his on field play.  

Elway knows with a run game, stout D and solid QB play you can go deep, and challenge for a title.  That D is looking good, the run game has major potential as I think Royce Freeman is this years Kareem Hunt, and all Keenum has to do is be solid and they will make the playoffs.  And if Keenum is better than solid, they can be a dangerous team.

I think the only way Elway is on a hot seat is if Keenum is a train wreck.  

100 percent agreed

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Sorry but if you read the post it says SINCE Manning retired.  Unless I’m mistaken Denver has not won a Super Bowl since the 2015 season, the numbers above are from 2016 and 2017

I lived out here for over 30 years now.  Elway is a God out here.

He's juiced in with the Bowen family ( as already stated by someone earlier).

Homer fans keep giving him all the benefits of the doubt.

Average fans think he's so-so as a VP and that he lucked out with Manning.

More and more well informed fans hate his drafting/HC.

If Keenum fails it will start to get ugly.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were ranked 12th in yards and had only 8 rushing TDs!

If keenum is average, they will still finish last in the division.

If their defense is back to form they will beat up on the chiefs and raiders. On paper San Diego looks good but they always seem to implode. 

Elway had yet to show he can spot talent. He has not found a guru coach and whiffed badly on Paxton Lynch and by forgoing a QB in this year's draft. 

He has taken advantage of the drama in the Bowlen family and is on borrowed time. 

Any idiot can stroke cheques for proven talent as he did with Manning ( see Chicago Bears)

• Like (+1) 1

I think making Elway the gm in the first place was a mistake, hes a God in Denver as a qb now you put him in a position that if he doesn't do good you might have to fire him. That's tough to fire a guy that's the hero of the franchise. With his enormous bust at Paxton, and being one of the worst teams last year, and the bizarre Joseph hire, any other gm would be gone.

Letting Wade Phillips walk was a huge error, even though Joe Woods is an up and comer.

Vance Joseph sucks and will be gone mid season if things don’t go well.

Paxton Lynch really sucks and was a gigantic wiff, not great for Elway.

Their pass rushers are incredible and very deep, and the secondary looks to have some good young guys, even though they’ll miss Talibs swagger.

the Bowlens trust JFE, and he’s two years of a SB win, and has been there twice in his tenure.

the AFCW is wide open and the Broncos will be win 9-10 games.... if Case Keenum works out that team could pull out 11 wins... 

the 2018 draft will save JFE’s Hyde, it look s like they have a bunch of impact guys to monster or two  in that draft.

but Elway is not on the hot seat, imo 

Edited by B-Large

4 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

We don't follow the Broncos that much, thus don't know everything that goes on there, and Elway managed them to recent Super Bowl. That's all I need to know about the whether Elway sticks around.  

He took an 8 win team that had been physically overwhelmed by a terrible Bills team that year.........used his profile as a HOF QB to lure Peyton Manning and proceeded to win 50 regular season games in the next 4 seasons and reach 2 SB's.......in the Belichick/Brady era no less..........and then fielded a 9-7 team with Trevor Simiean at QB.

He had one losing season......and now the same Bills fans that would personally go-fund and commission a 50 foot statue of McBeane in a disturbing embrace if the team ever won 10 games in a season......think he should be fired? ?

Edited by BADOLBILZ