McCarron Traded!

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

The thing I don’t understand- you know he’s a guy that’s a handful and needs to culture change. Every poster here could’ve said he’s not a polished route runner or going to get the playbook fast.... what was the expectation that we had when we traded for him? Instant 180 and the light to come on? Or was he absolutely catastrophic behind the scenes?

Good questions.  Either we had totally unreasonable expectations, or the latter.  An additional possibility would be that while he cleared his pretrade physical, he was not yet injured but visiting the training room a lot for his hand.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This has nothing to do with political correctness.  I'm more liberal than most, if not all, of the people you know.  But I'm also observant enough to see that football players from Alabama (and many other top college football programs) are barely literate and certainly not worthy of a free college "education."

I took 1st&ten's response as more along the lines of "don't hold back - tell us what you really think"

8 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Pretty crazy that Cleveland was willing to give a 2nd and 3rd round pick for AJ...  Now he's only worth a 5th

Using the Browns to measure real market value is ridiculous. The Browns are ridiculous. Don't be the Browns.

Besides, timing is key and at that point back then the film on McCarron pretty much centered around his solid play in a playoff game - not him getting his butt kicked by the Browns and by the Bears for three quarters.

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I feel like people are just trying to get under your skin... If anyone made even half those jokes about Buffalo, they'd flip out.

It’s mostly folks who are trying to be cute, but not all. 

My experience with people who hold ridiculous stereotypical views is that they are either malicious and/or ignorant, or they are provincial and lack life experience.

Some people have never travelled outside of their small geographical areas or met anyone that is different from them. Consequently they form their views based on distorted images they get from the mass media.

I observed this living in a small town in Central WI where there was a very narrow demographic and a lot of people had never ventured outside of the region.

Of course some people are just plain stupid.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It’s mostly folks who are trying to be cute, but not all. 

My experience with people who hold stupid stereotypical views is that they are either malicious and/or ignorant, or they are provincial and lack life experience.

Some people have never travelled outside of their small geographical areas or met anyone that is different from them. Consequently they form their views based on distorted images they get from the mass media.

I observed this living in a small town in Central WI where was a very narrow demographic and a lot of people had never ventured outside of the region.

What about someone who’s beem to 20/50 states and five different foreign countries but still thinks Alabama is a joke?

Edited by joesixpack
Stupid autocorrect
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

:lol:

youre nothing if not consistent in your trolling

I’ve been to 43 of the 50 states. My wife is from France and I’ve travelled exensively in Europe. I have lived in a city with 8.5 million people and I’ve lived in a rural midwestern town with 15,000 people. I have relatives in the north and in the deep south. I have worked with PhDs from MIT, Stanford, Cal Tech, and every other elite school you can think of and I have worked with operators who didn’t graduate from high school. I have worked with  elite D1 athletes and folks who can barely tie their shoes. My kids attended a racially mixed inner-city school and one went to a university in the north and one went to a university in the south.

I have been around enough that I don’t pigeon hole people.

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’ve been to 43 of the 50 states. My wife is from France and I’ve travelled exensively in Europe. I have lived in a city with 8.5 million people and I’ve lived in a rural midwestern town with 15,000 people. I have relatives in the north and in the deep south. I have worked with PhDs from MIT, Stanford, Cal Tech, and every other elite school you can think of and I have worked with operators who didn’t graduate from high school. I have worked with  elite D1 athletes and folks who can barely tie their shoes. My kids attended a racially mixed inner-city school and one went to a university in the north and one went to a university in the south.

I have been around enough that I don’t pigeon hole people.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

13 minutes ago, stony said:

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

What do you think I’m saying?

Not being able to tie their shoes is a euphemism for being uncoordinated as opposed to being athletic.

28 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

and yet that's what you continue to do here, ironic

Your avatar tells me everything I need to know.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

It’s here are.

Not sure what the 4000 number is. So in your mind this proves that every Alabama football player is a moron?

Do you have any more compelling evidence?

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

What exactly had led you to this observation that Alabama football players are morons?

Be specific.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It’s here are.

Not sure what the 4000 number is. So in your mind this proves that every Alabama football player is a moron?

Do you have any more compelling evidence?

The College Football forum is at your service.

Please discuss/debate Bama and Bama Football in the College football forum.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2