If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The post you refer to is a very good example of what puzzles me and why I started the thread.

I think (hope) everyone can see the point of your thread. The one mistake you made was saying fans "hate" the bills, that left the wiggle room for all the keyboard warriors to shoot holes in the thread as if some one was trying to take their fan card away. Ironically it just gives more ammo to those complainers who like to start fights. What can ya do

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

I think (hope) everyone can see the point of your thread. The one mistake you made was saying fans "hate" the bills, that left the wiggle room for all the keyboard warriors to shoot holes in the thread as if some one was trying to take their fan card away. Ironically it just gives more ammo to those complainers who like to start fights. What can ya do

Yeah, maybe the wrong word.

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

My guess is that while you may not be a troll, this entire thread is certainly a troll thread.   The "debacle on Sunday" wasn't a fluke, and pretending it was is disingenuous.

And FYI, you aren't going to shame or intimidate me into silence about how McDermott and Beane have screwed the pooch over these past two years.

Lets not be so dramatic guy, no ones trying to throw you in guantanamo bay,  its just a post about a game. 

Edited by BillsMafia13

OP: wahhh why are people so negative? 

Everyone else: because our team sucks

OP: wahhh but why are people so negative? 

Everyone else: because our offensive line is terrible, we have no legitimate receivers, our defense seems to have taken a step backwards, and our coaches seem to get outsmarted constantly. 

Everyone else: Seriously? We just answered you twice. 

Everyone else: Okay bye.

We don't hate the Bills. We hate the way the organization operates, and maybe someone who matters can

bring in real football people to change things.

We want NFL football, with a chance to go to the SB. We don't have that. Backing into the playoffs on another

teams last desperate play, was not a positive because it made people think we were improving. If we didn't get

a reject WR from Carolina who pushed off in the end zone possibly costing us the  playoff game maybe we would

have been improving. 

I'm not even sure it's that they hate the Bills as much as they post their opinion and don't want to be proven wrong.  95% of the posters here have little real understanding compared to actual NFL coaches, etc. but that doesn't stop any of them form posting their opinion and anyone who doesn't agree is just plain dumb.  They get roasted for what they wrote, so then they become negative more for trying to prove they are right about what they posted.  They'll often then double down on an earlier post with another one again to prove they are right and just snow balls from there.

So it's more proving they are right, than anything against the Bills.  But based on their posts, the only way to  prove they are right is to bash the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

As always you completely miss the point.  I am asking what motivates those who consistently post negatives about the team.  What does that do to make them feel better?  I sincerely don't get that attitude, and would sincerely like to know what the rationale is for such behavior.

Am I saying people should be banned?  No.  Am I saying one should never be negative?  No.  I am saying that you should actually have some basis for it.  Note my OP was before the first game.  Do they deserve criticism for the performance Sunday?  Of course.   I said on this very site that I have watched games since 1960 and I can't remember a worse performance.

But here's an example of what I mean.  Before the season starts, before a pass gets thrown, how many people here were saying Allen is a bust?  What is the purpose of that?  What exactly do posters like that achieve, and what motivates that?  Any rational thought process would tell you no one has any idea just yet, but folks like that for some reason get their jollies out of spewing that kind of negativity.

I have no problem with negativity when warranted, as after the debacle on Sunday.  I do wonder about those who are negative just to be negative, and I'd love to see an explanation..

Well I think its pretty easy to figure out. 

I don't think there is any dark motive behind it, some depression induced psychological anger that members get out by coming on this message board. 

I just think you have to be honest as a fan. The Bills organization has been around since 1959/1960 and they've been a losing organization for almost all of it, outside of 1988-1993. 

The Bills haven't won a Playoff game since 1995. 

If you're a Bills fan, you get to debate whether Nate Peterman should start, or if Josh Allen will be "ruined" behind a horrible offensive line. Our Coach wants to run the ball in snowy Buffalo and punt, meanwhile QBs all over are throwing for 400 yards. 

Since I don't get it, and always miss the point, my question back to you what do you want fans to talk about? Should Jason Croom get more reps? Maybe we could talk about when Wyatt Teller is ready to play, or if Vontae Davis will make an impact this year?

What do you want from Bills fans?

Fans were pessimistic about Allen because guys like Greg Cosell said the guy is inaccurate. He didn't have a great college career. He got drafted because our GM wanted Cam Newton. He talked specifically about Cam Newton the day after the draft on WGR 550 on the Howard Simon show.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well I think its pretty easy to figure out. 

I don't think there is any dark motive behind it, some depression induced psychological anger that members get out by coming on this message board. 

I just think you have to be honest as a fan. The Bills organization has been around since 1959/1960 and they've been a losing organization for almost all of it, outside of 1988-1993. 

The Bills haven't won a Playoff game since 1995. 

If you're a Bills fan, you get to debate whether Nate Peterman should start, or if Josh Allen will be "ruined" behind a horrible offensive line. Our Coach wants to run the ball in snowy Buffalo and punt, meanwhile QBs all over are throwing for 400 yards. 

Since I don't get it, and always miss the point, my question back to you what do you want fans to talk about? Should Jason Croom get more reps? Maybe we could talk about when Wyatt Teller is ready to play, or if Vontae Davis will make an impact this year?

What do you want from Bills fans?

Reasonable discussion. Not just assuming everything is wrong, not just that everything is negative.  Not assuming everything will be bad. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not even sure it's that they hate the Bills as much as they post their opinion and don't want to be proven wrong.  95% of the posters here have little real understanding compared to actual NFL coaches

Every college and pro coach would destroy any football fan by discussing the options on a basic formation 

A fan wouldn’t last 5 seconds with a coach 

Edited by row_33