If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I get what you're saying, OP, but I think most of it is just BBFS - Battered Bills Fan Syndrome.  Nothing good will happen for us, so even a hint of something bad  gets blown over into full travesty.  Note that this is the opposite of PFS-  Pats Fan Syndrome - obnoxious, ignorant, entitled band wagon fans.

• Like (+1) 5

The only thing Bills fans like more than winning is complaining. Lucky for them because the Franchise gives us lots to complain about. Complaining/seeing the negative is easier and less emotionally risky than buying in. And in their defense, this is a place for discussion, so you need all sides represented. Some folks get a little extreme, but for the most part it's just natural criticism.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The only thing Bills fans like more than winning is complaining. Lucky for them because the Franchise gives us lots to complain about. Complaining/seeing the negative is easier and less emotionally risky than buying in. And in their defense, this is a place for discussion, so you need all sides represented. Some folks get a little extreme, but for the most part it's just natural criticism.

All fan bases complain, even New England. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I love discussion but some of what I see is not that

1 minute ago, PaulieYayo said:

Learned behavior.....and by the way, have you seen them yet this pre season?

I've watched them since opening day 1960.  Believe me, there have been far worse times.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

All fan bases complain, even New England. 

That too. It was definitely a welcomed eye-opener when I moved away from Buffalo to another NFL town, and listened to local sports radio and heard them bemoaning many of the same things Bills fans complain about as well. It was great to get that perspective, and be able to take a step back from being so head-down in Bills misery.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

I like the Bills, not Beane.  Last time I checked, Beane will be fired, the Bills won't be.

May I ask why you hate Beane?  What has he done exactly to make you feel this way?

He has spent his brief tenure here cleaning up the raging dumpster fire left by the past regime.  We have potentially drafted our QB of the future, and the Bills have the 2nd most cap space next season.  Seems to me like he’s doing a pretty good job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

May I ask why you hate Beane?  What has he done exactly to make you feel this way?

He has spent his brief tenure here cleaning up the raging dumpster fire left by the past regime.  We have potentially drafted our QB of the future, and the Bills have the 2nd most cap space next season.  Seems to me like he’s doing a pretty good job.

In most football minds out there, he has built the worst roster in the NFL.

The playoffs last year was largely on Whaley's moves.

The guy wasted way too many picks on a QB that just doesn't have the football IQ and then traded even more to draft a LB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

Too many people watching skip bayless and Steven a smith who think they know football better than the guys being paid millions and millions in the league. 

They “scout” the talent.

They “watch” the tape

They do “mock drafts” non stop

They know footwork and mechanics of quarterbacks better than real nfl scouts. 

And my favorite is the people on here who don’t want to debate or discuss, just flood their opinion as fact and have zero intentions of hearing anyone else’s point of view or any option that does not agree with their opinions. We have a lot of those types of posters on here. 

Judging the coach, and GM 24/7 is 100% stupid in year 2.. Especially when the team overachieved and made the playoffs after a historic drought. Rather they stumbled in or had luck or whatever it makes no difference. 

They made the playoffs year one after how many decent to loaded rosters that have been built here over the years and failed to squeak into the playoffs. 

Im all for debates and discussions but it is quite agitating seeing how many posters on here spew GM hate, QB hate ( I might puke seeing how many “jokes” about 5 ints in one half are made daily and how Nate is worthless), and my favorite how terrible OBD is for not signing a player whose name we heard before. Trade for Mack? Was never going to happen. I haven’t seen what the Bears gave up but I’m sure it was a ridiculous haul 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1