Tracker: Bills' Roster Moves to the 53 Man Limit - Two Players Awarded from Waiver Claims with Colton Schmidt Released

29 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

It's kinda scary to think this team is going forward with the same offensive line players.  Like some sort of magic potion will give them the extra talent on gameday or something.

The plan to tank for real this year? Because Vontae Davis looked almost as bad at CB as did the line players on every string. 

Shades of Doug Whaley drafting EJ and then asking him to start with Erik Pears at OG. If that year's line (2014 because Pears had a -25 grade)was ranked 30th I gotta think this year's line will be Buffalo's worst ever. The 2018 Buffalo Bills leading the league...in sacks allowed and Interceptions.

Scary for sure. While I don’t think tanking was ever a part of their strategy, the ramifications of cap purgatory resulting from cleanup post Whaley are real. Severe limitations this year for acquiring talent, made worse by Wood and Incognitos untimely departures. That 2014 OL might look decent compared to this. Your projection may not be far off. 

3 hours ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

I know

Beane should have picked up an all-pro guard and an all-pro wr instead.

asleep at the wheel 

nice band if you like Texas Swing music.
Bills were broke before they started. bad hole to be in with 50 mill dead cap. Hope they look smarter next season after Free agency and the draft etc.

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

I’m no o line guru, but I would’ve rather kept Redmond and cut Ducasse. Start Groy at G, Bodine at C and maybe Redmond overtakes him as the season goes on.  Or Teller pushes For G and Groy to C, either way... they should’ve cut Ducasse.

Juan Castillo has Ducasse on the friends and family program. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

I’m no o line guru, but I would’ve rather kept Redmond and cut Ducasse. Start Groy at G, Bodine at C and maybe Redmond overtakes him as the season goes on.  Or Teller pushes For G and Groy to C, either way... they should’ve cut Ducasse.

Depend on who they are going to start at QB.

i expect a quick read release passing game to overcome the PP weaknesses at guard and RT.

Some of the current Bills O linemen aren't bad run blockers so If that's the way they want to go forward most plays they might be thinking that they will be okay.

OTOH, when opponents stack the box and dare them to pass and they don't have more than 1.5 seconds because the line can't hold their blocks and the receivers can't get separation...well then things will fall quickly.

It's all going to be on Shady to do his Barry Sanders moves and if he can't make it to the line of scrimmage...

22 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Some of the current Bills O linemen aren't bad run blockers so If that's the way they want to go forward most plays they might be thinking that they will be okay.

OTOH, when opponents stack the box and dare them to pass and they don't have more than 1.5 seconds because the line can't hold their blocks and the receivers can't get separation...well then things will fall quickly.

It's all going to be on Shady to do his Barry Sanders moves and if he can't make it to the line of scrimmage...

like i have mentioned, the pass game will likely  be a quick one.  3 step and throw plays to begin with.

But most of them can run block. and some are nasty can get second level effectively.

pass pro will remain the weakness until proven otherwise

Just now, Kemp2Warlick said:

The #Saints are signing former #Patriots RB Mike Gillislee on a 1-year deal, source said. More firepower for their backfield.

Good for Mike. He's unnecessary(redundant?) for the Bills, but he fits nicely into the NO offense and fills a need during Ingram's suspension 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

With Nathan Peterman at QB? 

Not a chance. 

Josh Allen is the QB. Peterman would have to play at a Pro Bowl level to keep the job. 

I still think Allen will be named the starter.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

With Nathan Peterman at QB? 

Not a chance. 

The Bills have too many veterans with good coaching to have less than 7 wins. I think they will pull out nine again.

The new punter had one helluva college career...not sure why they hated Schmidt so much, though. He was a perfectly serviceable punter, and often got it inside the 20. Hope they know what they're doing with a guy who didn't make one punt in the pre-season. 

And even though the J is silent in his name, his nickname just HAS to be "Bojo," right? 

The CB signing could be very helpful....I have little confidence in Davis or Gaines.

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 1