SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

As the Fox announcers mentioned, next season the Bills will have rid themselves of significant dead cap money.  If they continue to refuse to draft offensive linemen high (an ongoing mistake), they better utilize that money on some free agent stud offensive linemen, or this cycle will surely continue.

6 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Funny, I always feel a bit sad for the eternal optimist fans, always a letdown, they should have the wherewithall to see it comming, but their religion always blinds them from the truth. I think that's tragically sad.

Funny, well, I always feel a bit sad for the eternal pessimist fans, always miserable, never appreciating the moment. 

Srsly, don't feel bad for "us"...we'll be ok (and maybe i should let go of caring whether fans are pointlessly negative and over-the-top too). Frankly, the "letdown" is just part of being a fan.

As it stands, we're a game above .500 over the past four years, so on gameday, optimists and pessimists are about equally right. For seasons, pessimists are generally going to win as a majority of teams don't make the playoffs each year, and 31/32 don't win the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

C’mon, this team was almost devoid of talent when they showed up.  Rex was a terrible disaster and they needed to purge some turds like Dareus.

Last year's team was NOT "almost devoid of talent" when McDermott was hired.   The Bills had an offense that was about average under Rex Ryan.  Their defense wasn't all that good, but it certainly contained several talented individuals that McDermott and Beane sent packing one way or another.   Most of the players from the 2016 team who walked as free agents or were traded went on to have at least some success with their new teams, including Stephon Gilmore, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, Sammy Watkins, and Ronald Darby, all of whom were key players on 2017 playoff teams.

Lie to yourself if it makes you feel better, but don't try to peddle your bull manure as the truth here.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

You’re asking for more that B.B. and RR from Allen. PIT went to a AFC title game with B.B. throwing 20 some odd passes a game. SEA had a ton of young talent. This team has few top tier players. KB for one, got next to no separation vs CIN #1 secondary. Daboll could have had JA running some quick game stuff to cover up the crappy line play, but this game was about evaluating . He ran what he wanted to see the O run, and got a game tape full of evidence that they are not capable of it vs a quality defense. 

Currently BB and RW. primarily Russell Wilson cause he really had a bad OL and WRs. Very unrealistic I know. But some Quarterbacks pull a game out of their ass, and I was begging for Josh to do it and lock his spot

3 hours ago, Magnetar said:

No one has done a better job trolling Bills fans the last couple decades than the Bills' organization themselves. It was supposed to stop with Pegula I thought. But his teams have been nothing but losers, so dunno, maybe focus your ire where it actually belongs.

When you call a team that went 9-7 and made the playoffs "...nothing but losers..." it's near impossible to take you seriously.  Or, to quote Buddy..."He's an angry elf."  ?

18 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Why are you people feeding the blatantly obvious troll?

I opened up this thread and saw this post first, and immediately knew who it was referencing. Honestly, I think it’s a fan of some other team (Pats* maybe?) with a low self esteem, too much time on his hands, and not much imagination. 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:55 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Daboll could have had JA running some quick game stuff to cover up the crappy line play, but this game was about evaluating . He ran what he wanted to see the O run, and got a game tape full of evidence that they are not capable of it vs a quality defense. 

Sounds super useful lol

12 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Pretty hard to complete passes when you're flat on your back, eh?

I saw the game just pointing that out.

I would want Allen to start over NP but after last game i think we should sit him until after we play the chargers and those other defenses that are gonna kill our front OL. We invested a lot in him, we have to protect our investment.

Example: JA starts and our OLine gets him hurt in the 1st 5 weeks. I would rather have JA running the scout team and honing his skills while the other guys take the bullets till we pass the nasty front 7 teams or until we get OL help in FA and draft.