Start Building the O-Line Now...Sell Goods for Long-Term Goods (2019 Draft Picks)

Wizard

55 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

OP didn’t say trade, he wants picks. Personally, I don’t think Clay or Hughes would garner much Draft capital as I think neither gets another contract offer from the Bills, though could be re-signed for much cheaper. KB is in a great position for himself, healthy & in a contract year. Likely why he’s the most vocal Allen cheerleader among WR’s. If he’s has a great season, I’m sure McBeane will try to keep him a Bill -including Tagging him.

...do we even know yet what these kids like Teller or Wesley can bring to the table before we start talking about MORE picks?.................

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsRdue said:

I say we keep them all and go our and land Mack. This is Clay's prove it year. KB stays and we lock him up. Hughes may see the door next year if Murphy stays healthy and they draft a DE in Rds 1-2 or we land Mack. 

I would be shocked if they extended KB with the type of money he would garner in the current WR market.  

7 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

He seems to like it here and if we develop a chemistry between KB and Allen, with all the cap space we have, we just may keep him around. You always need a solid #1.

I don’t think his size and style of play is sustainable in the NFL.  I like him, but I wouldn’t be the GM to give him that 2nd big contract.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Some people just love to rebuild every season

Oh, like McDermott and Beane?   That's who the OP is taking his cues from.  The Bills had the best OL and WRs the team has had since the Glory Years when McDermott came aboard.  Under his and Beane's direction, the Bills have reduced both units to liabilities.   In his first year as GM, Beane demonstrated a pattern of trading away good vets with big contracts, especially on offense, for draft picks and replacing them with rookies and scrubs whose only positive qualities are that they signed for cheap.   Already the Greek chorus on TWD made up of  McDermott/Beane true believers is chanting "we won't be able to afford Benjamin" and "Clay's not worth the money" and busily reminding us that the Bills can't "afford" to pay players like other teams all around the league even though they are not paying for a veteran franchise QB or a premier edge rusher like Vonn Miller or a #1 WR like AJ Green ...

Why are you dissing the OP for suggesting the Bills continue doing EXACTLY what McDermott and Beane have done in their short tenure here?

Well....I think today only reemphasizes that the Bills do not have an offensive line. No line...a talented but experienced quarterback who is not close to ready.

Maybe the idea of trading players like Benjamin, Hughes, and Clay who will be underutilized, have high salaries, and won't be with the team in 2 years for draft picks  2 years (even if they are 5th-7th rounders) is not a bad idea. Maybe...this will free up more money, allow for more long-term acquisitions of talent, more picks to build an offensive line and start finding the long-term replacements at WR, RB, and DE.

Play the rookies...minus Josh Allen (till about maybe week 6-8) after the season is out of reach. Lose a lot of games but learn a lot as the staff puts together the long-term Process of success.

Whoevery starts at qb is going to get killed with this line. Bills won't win 4 games ubless the line improves a lot. Allen may have taken too long to throw the ball, but if he would have thrown it , some would have been interceptions. The line couldn't even hold back a 4 man rush and give the qb more than 4 seconds. And that is keeping a running back in the backfield to help them. And I won't even bring up the penalties.  It was a sad ass effort. And the receivers stunk it up also. I could almost guarantee Peterman would have thrown at least two picks under that duress. I was blaming McCarron for his beat down against the Browns. Now I see it differently . Although I don't think the pressure was as bad.