Top Gun Sequel Filming

/dev/null

The original film inspired a generation of fighter pilots and served as a recruiting bonanza for the Navy.

Let's hope it works again.  The shortage of fighter pilots is a big problem.  Standards have been reduced dramatically.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Let's hope it works again.  The shortage of fighter pilots is a big problem.  Standards have been reduced dramatically.

The pilots will be coming out of the planes pretty soon.  Opens up all sorts of fun possibilities when you can build something that doesn't have to accomodate for a bag of meat inside.

For those of us who have done this, given what has happened over the past decades,  the most appropriate plot would be a standoff between the protagonists involving who made the best Power Point presentation describing the benefits of the contributions of the LGBGT community, and an admission that "Ice's" call sign had been changed to "Iceberg," given his weight issues in the interim.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I thought that pic of the original actress was a joke at first!

Anyway that movie was the start of Cruise playing more cocky characters.  I liked Risky Business and All The Right Moves 

First time I saw it, I did too. Granted that's just some random paparazzi picture, as opposed to Tom Cruise looking his best on the red carpet or something. But still. I don't know what kinda of voodoo magic Scientology has done to keep him looking that way. 

36 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The pilots will be coming out of the planes pretty soon.  Opens up all sorts of fun possibilities when you can build something that doesn't have to accomodate for a bag of meat inside.

Eventually, but we're not quite there yet.

Love that they have Val Kilmer coming back.  Guessing they won't be showing him in the airplane.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Eventually, but we're not quite there yet.

Let's put it this way. Whoever does it first will be the dominant air power of the next generation.

Let's hope the military buys in to getting the pilots out of the planes. Ultimately it's going to be a group of people who used to fly them making the call. Need to not be sentimental.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I thought that pic of the original actress was a joke at first!

Anyway that movie was the start of Cruise playing more cocky characters.  I liked Risky Business and All The Right Moves 

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but Risky Business and All the Right moves were made before Top Gun. 

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Agreed.

Not having to accommodate a human's body (or 2 humans) alone is a big design advantage. It helps also that the vehicle's performance won't be limited to what a human can endure.  The vehicle can also be used in a manner that would be considered reckless or too risky if a human life  (or lives) are at risk.

Lots of good reasons not to have pilots.  

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

First time I saw it, I did too. Granted that's just some random paparazzi picture, as opposed to Tom Cruise looking his best on the red carpet or something. But still. I don't know what kinda of voodoo magic Scientology has done to keep him looking that way. 

He's a little guy; little people seem to age well.

Kelly McGillis was pretty hot in the original.

She hasn't aged well, as others have pointed out.  Wow.

She's 61; she turned into grandma!  

kelly-mcgillis-bio.jpg