John Brennan's Security Clearance

3rdnlng

What a joke Bolton is...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/08/20/john-bolton-and-gop-senators-are-enabling-trumps-attacks-on-dissent/?utm_term=.27ddb20f75bd

BOLTON: Well, you know, I think Senator Richard Burr, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whom I don’t think anybody could excuse of being a gofer for the Trump administration, had some very trenchant observations on Brennan’s behavior since he left with CIA, and I think also on his behavior while he was at the CIA. It was my view at the time that he and others in the Obama administration were politicizing intelligence. I think that’s a very dangerous thing to do.

And I think especially for senior intelligence officials, career intelligence officials who come out of the government, to keep that wall of separation between intelligence policy. And I don’t think Brennan has follow that and, you know, whether he actually used classified information, I think people will be able to determine. But I think that’s a serious problem.

MARTHA RADDATZ: Are there any specific examples that you think he used classified intelligence…

BOLTON: No, but I think there is a …

RADDATZ: … to politicize?

BOLTON: There is a line and somebody can cross it. I know from my own experience in the Bush administration after I left, I was accused by a senior State Department official of criticizing the administration’s policy on North Korea and using classified information.

And it happened he was half right, I was criticizing the Bush administration, but I was not using classified information. Had I been, it would have been a different story.

RADDATZ: I assume that John Brennan says the same thing, that he didn’t use classified information. You — would you have been fine if President Obama had revoked your security clearance for criticizing him, which you did frequently?

BOLTON: No, because I didn’t use classified information there either. I say there’s a line and I think it’s clear some people can cross it.

RADDATZ: But let me be clear here, you’re not sure whether John Brennan used classified information? You have no specific examples.

BOLTON: In terms of what he said since he left, I think a number of people have commented that he couldn’t be in the position he’s in of criticizing President Trump and his so-called collusion with Russia unless he did use classified information.

But I don’t know the specifics. What I do know is when he was director of CIA, I was very troubled by his conduct, by statements he made in public, and by what I thought was his politicization of the intelligence community.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:14 PM, Thurmal34 said:

I’m sure you are correct. Not worth any further discourse. 

Hope the Bills have a solid season this year, gotta be encouraged by Allen tonight!

The point about free speech isn’t  about what he disclosed (nothing) it’s that he spoke up against the current adminstration. 

It’s retaliatory, like so much of this thin skinned administration’s behavior. Softest humans to ever govern.

Shouldn’t we be talking about Wilbur Ross?

As far as I know nobody has snipped off Brennan's fingers or applied duct tape to his mouth.  He's chirping just as much now as when he had a clearance.  Don't see any freedom of speech implications here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, westside said:

He looks like a miserable pos.

Some of the more enjoyable parts of the past two years for me has been hearing all the invectives said about the man by people who worked with him or under him. A "poncy academic with a predilection for !@#$ing up already !@#$ed up situations" was one of the favorite quotes I got about the guy from someone who used to brief him. :lol: 

His interview with Maddow over the weekend is worth a watch, if only to see him slurring his words (he was on something during that interview). 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

As far as I know nobody has snipped off Brennan's fingers or applied duct tape to his mouth.  He's chirping just as much now as when he had a clearance.  Don't see any freedom of speech implications here. 

You'd think his attorney would have told him to shut up. Maybe the attorney has, and "John Brennan knows best."  It would certainly fit his profile.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You'd think his attorney would have told him to shut up. Maybe the attorney has, and "John Brennan knows best."  It would certainly fit his profile.

Well, that would fit in with the description:

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A "poncy academic with a predilection for !@#$ing up already !@#$ed up situations"

• Haha (+1) 1

And the same tired BS argument keeps being made....

we "know" Russia "meddled" in the election - how so?  Our INTEL tells us so....

we "know" Brennan is a great guy - how so? Our INTEL tells us so...

All these wonderful intel people standing behind Brennan....

"Odd how quiet Wyden has now become given he called out Brennan for spying on the senate committee investigating the CIA a few years ago. Where is he now? "

and apparently spying on our elected officials is "good" according to Brennan's supporters, including those who dumped a plastic head in the ocean claiming it was bin Laden....

I say our INTEL is 100% full of **** and has been since 1993....

Image result for col tom ossman