How Many Amoung You Wouldn't Be Here If...

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, you'd miss Lake Ontario if you were not here. 

The story of Steven Millers family arriving in the USA sounds a lot like the immigrants of today. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stephen-millers-great-grandfather-sam-was-a-chain-migrant-and-a-fine-american?ref=home

The ship docked at a Manhattan pier with a light breeze and the temperature in the high 60s. The first- and second-class passengers were cleared onboard by immigration officers and allowed to go on their way. Those in steerage were transported by ferry to Ellis Island, where they stepped off as others had in a Biograph film shot there exactly two months before.

No doubt this same beauty and strength was also to be seen in the new arrivals who came off the Ryndam on July 9. Those listed on a manifest marked “THIS SHEET IS FOR STEERAGE PASSENGERS” included 13-year-old Sam Glotzer—future great-grandfather of Stephen Miller, the White House aide who is crafting the Trump administration's efforts to curtail even legal immigration. Miller’s latest effort is to disqualify green card and U.S. citizen applicants who have received government benefits through programs such as Obamacare and children’s health insurance.

Sam arrived with his 15-year-old brother Saul and 9-year-old sister Bella and their mother, 50-year-old Bessie. The manifest records that the mother affirmed she was not an anarchist and had never been incarcerated or committed to a mental institution. But there was a “No” where it asked if she could read and another “No” where it asked if she could write and her occupation was listed as “None.” She seems to have been the kind of immigrant that her great-great-grandson would seek to exclude.

In the column headed “Condition of Health - Mental and Physical,” Bessie is listed as “Good.” But 13-year-old Sam’s entry in present days might well have marked him as an excludable, someone liable to need child health care.

My grandfather was an illiterate son of a shoe cobbler.  He drank too much, treated my grandmother like crap and spent his "retirement" in the local tavern. So yeah he is someone who I'd rather exclude from coming here.   So what the !@#$ is the point of this whole exercise?   

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do it, compare the mindset. Let's hear it. 

He just did you nimrod.  And if you use your brain (oy...) you'd get his point which is spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My grandfather was an illiterate son of a shoe cobbler.  He drank too much, treated my grandmother like crap and spent his "retirement" in the local tavern. So yeah he is someone who I'd rather exclude from coming here.   So what the !@#$ is the point of this whole exercise?   

It's way over your head, don't worry about it 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's way over your head, don't worry about it 

It's not.  You're trying to bait people into admitting they are hypocrites and I'm not because I wish the Trump immigration policies were in effect 100 years ago when my grandfather skipped the legal process of Ellis Island and was smuggled in from Canada illegally.   

On 8/14/2018 at 8:38 AM, Tiberius said:

No one wanted the Irish (Hello Chris Collins) 

No one wanted the Italians (Hello Paladino) 

No one wanted the Jews (Hello Steven Miller)

I don't want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh!t-kickers and Methodists.

I guess not me.  Gov Winthrop and his ships would have been turned back at Boston Harbor in 1630.   :rolleyes:

I love when simpletons ask these types of stupid, rhetorical questions.  It highlights how incapable they are of any intelligent thought.

9 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I don't want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh!t-kickers and Methodists.

We'll give land to the Chinks and Niggers but no Irish! 

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My grandfather came here illegally. Had Trump been President then I’d be living in Italy.  Where was Trump 100 years ago?   Good to see the dumbassery has not changed over here. 

Mine came over on the Fortune the second to arrive after the Mayflower. What, was he washing his hair the day then Mayflower left?  ?

Mine were on the Arbella.

Edited by KD in CA

look at all the WASPiness here.

:lol:

Half of my family came from Poland, post 1900. The other half came from England/Germany/Scotland by way of Canada.

One thing I can say with certainty...none of them came here illegally, none of them owned a slave, ever. Ergo, I'm not a beneficiary of white privilege.

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Mine were on the Arbella.

It's pretty cool to look at the history of our ancestors.  Mine, as I said, were on the Fortune.  They were so excited to see land and unite with the other Pilgrims.  The Pilgrims on the Mayflower were excited to see the Fortune arrive because they were desperately short on food only to find out all the food on the Fortune was consumed on the sail over.  D'Oh!!! 

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

How in the world does that make it past the language filter?

I was wondering the same thing.  All I can come up with is it's a quote from Mel Brooks and he's able to say that and get away with it. 

18 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Lol, Methodists! 

4 minutes ago, westside said:

I was engineered in a lab. My fathers a computer and my mother an encyclopedia. 

Your mother was hamster and you father smelt of elderberries!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

How in the world does that make it past the language filter?

Funny...I know they implemented that filter, after I mentioned Hillary's "Keep the sand niggers out of our ports" legislation.  Must've gotten lost in the board upgrade.

54 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I was wondering the same thing.  All I can come up with is it's a quote from Mel Brooks and he's able to say that and get away with it. 

they got.... the magic touch....

Again.......... 

WILL 

SAY

THIS

SLOWLY...........

What do you leftists not understand about LEGAL immigration.

My grandparent went thru the.painful legal process and eventually became proud American citizens.

This process is completely lost because Democrats ONLY CARE about getting the votes. That’s it.