You Are Probably Pronouncing Tyrod's Name Wrong!

Fadingpain

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I have noticed McCoy and a few others, here and there, say it the "alternative way" which I guess is correct.

I also always dismissed them as simply not knowing how to pronounce it.

:lol:

I worked with a guy who spelled his own name wrong, or pronounced it wrong I suppose. Haven’t seen him in years, but was oddly thinking of this just yesterday. His last name was spelled “Ruggiero”, but his family pronounced it as “Ruggerrio”.  When asked about that, he just shrugged. They’ve been doing it wrong for generations. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Word out of Cleveland training camp is that "Tyrod" is not pronounced like a "TIE ROD" with accent on first syllable, but "ti-ROD" with accent on second syllable.  Kind of how the accent comes at the end when you say "LeSean" as in LeSean McCoy.

le-SEAN.

ty-ROD.

Who knew?

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/08-13-bleacher-reports-mike-tanier-bulldog

This is wrong. 

It’s TUH-rod. 

49 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I have noticed McCoy and a few others, here and there, say it the "alternative way" which I guess is correct.

I also always dismissed them as simply not knowing how to pronounce it.

:lol:

and hilarious how every announcer and pundit has pronounced his name wrong for so long.
No wonder he left...

53 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

It's pronounced "castle nut"?

If only Tie Rod had a couple wrs named cotter Pin and zerk fitting along with Castle nut.

it's a complete assembly. damn Whaley

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Philly’sFinest said:

I’d like to send a big shout out to those who were ready to move on from that bridge to nowhere.

Finally Bills fans can be excited about a guy who can do everything required from a QB.

Oh, great! Now he torches us for four TD throws in the first quarter!   ?

4 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Explains a lot

Guy doesn’t even have the stones to tell people they’re pronouncing his name wrong.... 

how in world is he gonna have the courage to drop one in the bucket throwing into double coverage?

You have a rather amazing screen name.

well played indeed !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Philly’sFinest said:

Truly scary stuff?

Yes, it is scary! He might even score by throwing over the middle, or to a TE. The possibilities are endless! 

(On time and in rythym are probably out of the realm of possibility, I hope.) 

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

And most who speak the name of the coach whose name must not be spoken have pronounced it wrong, too.Cheatriot in chief's name pronunciation

Interesting.  Everyone puts emphasis on first syllable. He puts it on the second syllable.

be-- LICH-ick,

29 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

You have a rather amazing screen name.

well played indeed !

You talking about KennyDavisEyes? 

Be careful. He'll tease you, he'll unease you, all the better just to please you.

• Haha (+1) 2