Donald Trump. -Conscientious objector to the Vietnam war.

#34fan

It disgusts me that MOST who would point to any sort of deferment against the draft would have the balls to B word about someone that got said deferment.

Especially since most of these dickwads would be crying in mom's closet if they got drafted.  

You weren't there, and can't even pretend someone you knew was or the attitude would be different. 

Just quit the faux anger of something you know nothing about.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

This where the left goes when

I don't know about the left, but we're headed to the Brigantine Del Mar for some dinner and drinks... Then a walk down the beach! -Better get yours in before... :sick:...Idaho.

Later, losers!

8 minutes ago, Cinga said:

It disgusts me that MOST who would point to any sort of deferment against the draft would have the balls to B word about someone that got said deferment.

Especially since most of these dickwads would be crying in mom's closet if they got drafted.  

You weren't there, and can't even pretend someone you knew was or the attitude would be different. 

Just quit the faux anger of something you know nothing about.

I was fortunate.................in 1971, when I was 17, my (birthday) number came up as 004.  A sure draftee.

but in 1972, the year I was eligible it was 146.

I did not want to go over there at all, even though we could see the end was in sight.

I joined the ROTC at St. Bonnies just to help my cause.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

McCain and Kerry served (a lot of good that did them).  Their opponents over the years tried to sully their war records.  There may be some truth to McCain's, but the allegations against Kerry was bs.   Kerry in particular served and then joined the antiwar activist so he served his country and then stood up for what he believed to be an immoral war saying in front of Congress,  "We rationalized destroying villages in order to save them. We saw America lose her sense of morality as she accepted very coolly a My Lai and refused to give up the image of American soldiers who hand out chocolate bars and chewing gum." 

If Trump had a record like that I'd have a lot more respect for him, but it wasn't that uncommon to try and get out of going to Vietnam so I'm not going to constantly bring it up.

Kerry put himself into a tough spot by testifying and then retracting and then muddle fuddle duddle....

he threw his medals back, but wait they weren’t really his, but wait and see what he will say next about it....

also he opened his acceptance speech with a smarmy attack on W with a military salute and then realized he lost control of the context BIG TIME on the spot

Edited by row_33

Trump was a conscientious objector to a useless war but Hitler drank the Kool-Aid and signed right up for WWI

So what you're saying is Trump != Hitler?

That's not a very social justicey thing to say

Edited by /dev/null

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Trump was a conscientious objector to a useless war but Hitler drank the Kool-Aid and signed right up for WWI

You know who else wasn't Hitler?

Speer!

Trump wasn't a conscientious objector. He was dismissed for physical reasons. Whether those reasons were valid or not, that's a different question. Trump wasn't a conscientious objector. Mohamed Ali was, and I see nobody talking **** about that.

I turned 18 in November of 1975, and never bothered to register for the draft, since the draft was going to end in less than two months. I remember my dad, who served in the army for a couple years after the Korean conflict ended, telling me that if my home is ever invaded, that I need to fight with everything I have to defend it. He also said that if I was drafted to go fight in the jungles of Asia in a political war, that he would support my fleeing to Canada.

You leftists that try to paint Trump as a conscientious objector are wrong. No surprise there - you're wrong so often that you ought to be used to it. You far right idiots that try to paint Trump as being treasonous, you're just as $%@#ing stupid. Buy a $#@%ing dictionary, for crying out loud. Just because someone doesn't want to die in some God forsaken jungle in Vietnam and they use whatever resource they're lucky enough to have to avoid it.....you call that treason? Really? Think again, and get the $#%# over yourself, dickwad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Can't debate his foreign policy.

Can't debate his economic policy.

He is a blowhard, but most people don't care as long as he produces

His election has made it clear that people now recognize that there has been a DC elite ruling class that needs to be addressed.

I know....................I'll criticize him getting out of the Vietnam War 50 years ago.

Liberalism is a mental disorder 

Discuss................

Trump's foreign policy?? What, his sucking up to dictators while disparaging our allies? 

Trump's economics? The guy luckily gets handed a roaring economy and starts a stupid trade war nobody wants and is totally ignorant. 

Sure, turn away from this issue, but it gets no better for the clown on other issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I was against that war but joined the Navy in 69 to avoid being drafted. I was safe off the coast there. The problem I have is Trump acts super patriotic , ask a NFL player.

So, I guess you are saying that neither you nor Trump have any right to be patriotic?

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

I was fortunate.................in 1971, when I was 17, my (birthday) number came up as 004.  A sure draftee.

but in 1972, the year I was eligible it was 146.

I did not want to go over there at all, even though we could see the end was in sight.

I joined the ROTC at St. Bonnies just to help my cause.

Avoiding the draft was a national obsession at the time, and if people weren't around, they shouldn't criticize.

Many creative ways, especially from those with means.

That was part of the absurdity of the times and war run from failed Washington "strategy."

I have no problem with anybody who tried to avoid the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

I was in the AF in the late 80's and several of the senior NCOs and retired civilian workers had joined AF so they didn't get drafted into army. My civilian boss had actually gone to Nam though, but was in the rear with the gear, as they say. 

49 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, I guess you are saying that neither you nor Trump have any right to be patriotic?

Better to let people live their life as they wish to and not waste time dissecting events from 50 years ago that aren’t of any use to dissect

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was in the AF in the late 80's and several of the senior NCOs and retired civilian workers had joined AF so they didn't get drafted into army. My civilian boss had actually gone to Nam though, but was in the rear with the gear, as they say. 

This is what my dad did. For his draft year his number came up in single digits. Joined the AF and after flight school ended up doing 3 tours “over” Nam (123s and 52s.) Finally retired in 92 after spending my senior year in the Emirates for the Gulf War.

edit: he voted for Trump (as a Democrat) or more accurately, voted against Hilary. 

Edited by Kevbeau

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Avoiding the draft was a national obsession at the time, and if people weren't around, they shouldn't criticize.

Many creative ways, especially from those with means.

That was part of the absurdity of the times and war run from failed Washington "strategy."

I have no problem with anybody who tried to avoid the draft.

Best to think this way now.

so we can look forward to Nam being labeled a glorious war by liberals, just to rant about Trump?  Hilarious.

39 minutes ago, ALF said:

Correct , it was not patriotic of me to serve 6 years active duty.

Admittedly, you served that 6 years in order to avoid combat though. You didn't do it out of patriotism but as a way of saving your skin. With that said, I'm not criticizing you for doing so, I'm just saying you no more deserve accolades than Trump.

Donald Trump is an unpatriotic charlatan. 

He avoided serving his country at all costs when called upon by his country for service. His actions are considered by many treasonous. 

But if we want ant to talk about the debauched depravity of the man were just getting started. 

Whats more pathetic about his base is how he fools them. He lies loud and often and they eat it up. Even Hitler didn’t have it that easy — his crowds made him at least work. 

The money laundering links links for the Russians in the 80’s. 

The casual strolls through the changing rooms of his beauty pageants to include underage girls. 

The whoring. 

And hes an awful business man. Seriously, the man conducts business like a vulture, and his business decisions aren’t great. 

Trump Nation has elected a treasonous coward. A pedophile. And the most dishonest politician in United States history. 

I cant wait till your all seen as jackasses which history will label you all as. Jackasses. 

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Thats NOT fair to Hitler. Hitler fought courageously in WWI. Hitler wasn’t a pansy. 

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

couple

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

Trump wasn't a conscientious objector. He was dismissed for physical reasons. Whether those reasons were valid or not, that's a different question. Trump wasn't a conscientious objector. Mohamed Ali was, and I see nobody talking **** about that.

I turned 18 in November of 1975, and never bothered to register for the draft, since the draft was going to end in less than two months. I remember my dad, who served in the army for a couple years after the Korean conflict ended, telling me that if my home is ever invaded, that I need to fight with everything I have to defend it. He also said that if I was drafted to go fight in the jungles of Asia in a political war, that he would support my fleeing to Canada.

You leftists that try to paint Trump as a conscientious objector are wrong. No surprise there - you're wrong so often that you ought to be used to it. You far right idiots that try to paint Trump as being treasonous, you're just as $%@#ing stupid. Buy a $#@%ing dictionary, for crying out loud. Just because someone doesn't want to die in some God forsaken jungle in Vietnam and they use whatever resource they're lucky enough to have to avoid it.....you call that treason? Really? Think again, and get the $#%# over yourself, dickwad.

Maybe your dad was an unAmerican pansy too.