Adam Schein: Josh Allen is the next Carson Wentz

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

I certainly concede the arm talent part of it.  I don't really even remember the ball leaving Favre or Elway's hand like it does Allen's.  I'd have to go back and watch old games.

Just because your girlfriend/cousin cheated on you with your uncle doesn’t mean its ok for you to come here and act like  a total DICK !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Putin said:

Just because your girlfriend/cousin cheated on you with your uncle doesn’t mean its ok for you to come here and acting like  a total DICK !!! 

You should not go through life expecting everyone to agree with you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

I certainly concede the arm talent part of it.  I don't really even remember the ball leaving Favre or Elway's hand like it does Allen's.  I'd have to go back and watch old games.

How many inaccurate QB's have been cured with changes to footwork, and it it a high percentage?  Are the odds in favor of it?

Again want to talk odds. Go do your work. Chart his bad passes watch the film his college and chart the stuff. Then look at how his footwork has already started improving from Senior Bowl to now after working with Palmer. 

Fact is want to go Odds. Odds are Mayfield Busts, Odds are Darnold Busts, Odds are Rosen Busts, Odds are Allen busts, Odds are Jackson Busts. 

But out of that group name me the the ONLY QB that can make that McCloud TD throw. Ooo and how was that accuracy and Ball Placement. 

But let me guess you think Completion % Means accuracy right?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

It's absolutely a component of accuracy.

So was the First bomb an Inaccurate throw? Because you think that you are going to say yes right?

because I will argue it wasnt and Foster Drifting pulled a dime out bounds 

Edited by MAJBobby

19 hours ago, Magnetar said:

Correct, but picking Allen is playing some of the worst odds available at the time...

The Allen pick was a "gut" pick by a couple of guys who won't even acknowledge analytics.  They used their eyeballs only, those days are gone, just as gone as running the ball to setup the pass...

(Heavy Sigh) 

way way back In this thread i posted that they looked at the details behind his “accuracy issues”.  That they analyzed every throw, every catch, every drop, every throw on run, every throw to covered receivers.  They said that. THAT IS analytics.  Do you just make things up?   Did you not listen to Beane talk about the research and study that went into this draft.  I never heard him say “we used our eyeballs and that’s it.  Yuk, yuk, yuk,  golly gee I hope it works out”.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I heard some pre-draft talk and I can’t remember who it was being interviewed. It was a GM I think. They asked “why do fans like Mason Rudolph more than football people?” The answer was “because we know football.” They then asked “why do football people like Josh Allen better than fans?” The answer “because we know football.” 

FWIW, the Steelers were enameled with Allen coming out. I can’t speak for anyone else but they wanted to come up if it was feasible because they think he’s going to be a star. They have done a pretty good job drafting.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

This is so dumb. I'm a big supporter of Allen right now but he isn't even close to Wentz in terms of accuracy, pocket presence, or on field IQ. 

The guy made a few deep throws, literally everyone knew he had a big arm before this game. 

9 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Then I must really matter if you're getting so upset.

13 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

It's absolutely a component of accuracy.

Look at this poor accuracy 55 down field in the Wind. 

So this goes as an incompletion (BECAUSE OF THE WR). But will be used against Allen in the Completion % = Accuracy people. 

Thats a Perfect throw that the WR made incomplete 

9A00F90E-3760-443E-96C7-71A0B418C7CF.jpeg

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3

I can’t believe how many people are acting like the sky is falling or preaching doomsday after the kids plays 2 quarters of preseason football with the 3rd string. McDermott and Beane proved last year that they’re not inept at their jobs. Let them develop Allen and sit tight for a while- we’ve been waiting since Bledsoe (or Flutie, or Kelly, whomever you’d like to argue for) for a QB with this set of skills and potential. Jimmy did 3 years in USFL before coming to Buffalo and doing his thing. Let Allen have a season to acclimate to the game. 

Theres no need to drag him through the mud. Some people act like this kid spent the night with their sister and didn’t call her afterwords... and let it be known I wasn’t pumped at first about him being our guy... but he’s here and he’s gonna do his best. I think we will be pleased with the pick.

Edited by KingBoots8