Tremaine Edmunds played light & tight

Punt75

1 hour ago, Magnetar said:

I am also welcome to root for the team I grew up with even if I don't like the silly fake enthusiasm clapping.  You see, not everything is black and white in this world.

No way, the commercial breaks and other stoppages are not worth it. I did watch the game last night live and it was so painful.  Tried to flip between the Bills game and the Browns game, but the damn commercial breaks seemed to be timed so they were together.

All he has to do is stop clapping so much, it's silly, he's supposed to be a professional.

I personally hope he claps extra and dedicated it to you 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally hope he claps extra and dedicated it to you 

I'm not sure he can clap more that he currently is.  Maybe he can try harder, develop arthritis, and his DR tells him he has to stop clapping.

23 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Manny's an interesting comparison. The similarities scare me a bit. He was another ACC linebacker with a freakish size/speed combination who went in the first round.

Manny Lawson

6'5" 240lb.

4.43 40 

124 .0 Broad Jump

10.5 college sacks (12 games)

Tremaine Edmunds

6'5" 253 lb.

4.54 40

117.0 Broad Jump

10 college sacks (26 games)

Yeah, it definitely jumps out a bit, although the Edwards is a bit bigger, Lawson had better numbers in college but Tremaine may have grow into a better player with time. And even though Lawson wasn't a world beater in the NFL, he still had a productive 10 year career as a starter.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/9/2018 at 11:09 PM, Magnetar said:

I'm more into Tomlin style as opposed to hyper fake clappity guy.

Idk, maybe it’s my time in the army talking here, but, I don’t think you understand what camaraderie is? 

• Like (+1) 1

He dominated college ball. 

He just turned 20. 

He plays one one of the games most demanding positions. 

He starts on what could be a very good defense.

He played his very first NFL preseason game. 

I’m shocked he’s not an immediate superstar. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah, it definitely jumps out a bit, although the Edwards is a bit bigger, Lawson had better numbers in college but Tremaine may have grow into a better player with time. And even though Lawson wasn't a world beater in the NFL, he still had a productive 10 year career as a starter.

I hope that they bounce him outside if MLB isn't working or sometimes even if it is. His true strength might be the ability to bounce him to multiple spots once he gets some seasoning. He wasn't drafted as a thumper and I don't think he will ever be one. Even if he isn't HOF worthy, I think that he will have a very productive career. 

12 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

He dominated college ball. 

He just turned 20. 

He plays one one of the games most demanding positions. 

He starts on what could be a very good defense.

He played his very first NFL preseason game. 

I’m shocked he’s not an immediate superstar. 

I agree with everything you said other than dominated college ball. He didn't really dominate like Roquan and his sack total is a little disappointing for an edge rusher of that size, but I think his size and speed will translate even better to the NFL with coverage responsibilities. Usually the dominate college guys seem to be thumpers who don't work out at the pro level. Still very young and has a ton of time to develop. 

On 8/9/2018 at 9:38 PM, Punt75 said:

Edwards is supposed to be out MLB of the future.  He physically looks like a kid in the NFL.  He was pushed around and made just one tackle in the game.  Speed and aggressive play is great but when you can't muscle up and make plays it's bad news.  I didn't like his game at all against a real NFL offense.

First ever NFL game for a 20 year old. Jesus get a grip 

On 8/9/2018 at 10:02 PM, Magnetar said:

Luckily there are DVR's for commercials and McClappity

Do you have ANY football knowledge to contribute or are these the type of posts we can expect from you. Just checking for a friend 

On 8/9/2018 at 11:34 PM, Rob's House said:

Manny's an interesting comparison. The similarities scare me a bit. He was another ACC linebacker with a freakish size/speed combination who went in the first round.

Manny Lawson

6'5" 240lb.

4.43 40 

124 .0 Broad Jump

10.5 college sacks (12 games)

Tremaine Edmunds

6'5" 253 lb.

4.54 40

117.0 Broad Jump

10 college sacks (26 games)

Now here is why these type of comparisons are silly and mean nothing. 

Lawson a rush LBer and DE 

Edmunds a Middle LBer

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, YoloinOhio said:

So in other words... doomed?

Exactly, his career should be judged on one game that is essentially glorified practice ...

He was jumpy and appeared to be nervous.  When he gets experience that part of the situation will settle down and he can play instinctively.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

First ever NFL game for a 20 year old. Jesus get a grip 

Considering the amount of Edmunds hype submitted to the fanbase throughout the last few months, it's understandable that the expectations were very high for him. And he fell extremely short of those expectations in the first scrimmage.

He'll get better but...it is what it is.