Ravens playing tonight what are you watching for

I watched and it made me feel great we didn’t select Lamar Jackson.

Pocket a couple times was closing in and he was a deer in headlights. Trying to scramble and not going through reads.

One read college gimmick quarterbacks don’t make it in the NFL. He’ll be done in a few years like the backup ahead of him RG3.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.gq.com/story/the-nfl-isnt-ready-for-how-big-of-a-disaster-this-season-will-be/amp

written by the same guy that writes the “why your team sucks” pieces. I hope this doesn’t come happen with the new rules. I didn’t get to watch the game last night so I don’t have much to offer.

Sharing this because that’s exactly how I feel as a fan heading into the season. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

https://www.gq.com/story/the-nfl-isnt-ready-for-how-big-of-a-disaster-this-season-will-be/amp

written by the same guy that writes the “why your team sucks” pieces. I hope this doesn’t come happen with the new rules. I didn’t get to watch the game last night so I don’t have much to offer.

Sharing this because that’s exactly how I feel as a fan heading into the season. 

This piece is spot on about the anthem and new rules.  I'm so sick of the game becoming politicized.  I just want to watch football, there's enough story in the players and coaches.  With the season itself.  

No no one Cares!!! Fix the rules

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

This piece is spot on about the anthem and new rules.  I'm so sick of the game becoming politicized.  I just want to watch football, there's enough story in the players and coaches.  With the season itself.  

No no one Cares!!! Fix the rules

Right. I didn’t see the game but from rewatching the plays that got flagged only one of those flags looks legit. All the other flags would change the game entirely. I’d hate to be a safety and to be thinking instead of reacting when a Gronk train is coming at me full speed. 

18 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

LOL

Under your odd logic, if Flacco is the better QB they have no chance to be good?

to be fair, they weren't good last year with Flacco as the best QB. And Lamar could be RGIII rookie card edition.

//didn't watch the game

11 hours ago, Logic said:

Two out of the three applications of the rule tonight were on point. The call in the end zone against the Bears was garbage.

We'll see how things go when the regular season starts.

The end zone one ,which was a great physical play cost a TD versus a FG and the last one called was questionable and had everybody confused about how they will consistently enforce this ridiculous rule.. 

I understand player safety but this rule is just beyond ridiculous , I mean that end zone play is why we have safeties on the field , it's a rule that doesn't seem well thought out and is going to be destructive to the game if it is called that way in the regular season

3 hours ago, eball said:

Just watched the condensed game on NFL Game Pass.  Jackson was very raw.  Some pretty errant throws and clearly isn't seeing the whole field yet.  Picked once but it could have been two or three.  It will be a process with him.

I’m glad we have Allen, I will put it that way.